PDA

View Full Version : Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines

The Fat Bioware Nerd
03-12-2007, 12:39 AM
What do you think of Terminator 3? Personally, I hate this film so naturally I didn't want to own on DVD but my mom's friend gave it to me on Christmas. I waited until she left then I told my mom that I didn't like Terminator 3 and I asked her if I could sell it but she said no because it's a gift...So my T3 DVD basically sits on my shelf collecting dust.

In case you're wondering why I hate Terminator 3 let me spell it out for you the director Jonathan Mostow fucked with the continuity of the prequel films. In Terminator 1 & 2 they said "There's no fate but what we make." which meant the battle between man and machine in the future was possible but it wasn't set in stone and if they made the right choices they could avoid it.

In Terminator 3 they said "Wait a minute we stopped Judgment Day!" "You didn't stop Judgment Day you merely postponed it." Which meant the war between man and machine was set in stone and it was unavoidable.

Araciel
03-12-2007, 01:34 AM
'twas a yawnfest to the end.

Rostum
03-12-2007, 02:57 AM
At least we got to see Arnie. I hope he stars in a film for King Conan or whatever the remakes will be.

black orb
03-12-2007, 06:13 AM
>>> It sucked.. I mean, the terminator a chick? WTF?!.

and the guy who played John Connor made me sick..

Nominus Experse
03-12-2007, 07:42 AM
Arnold makes a better Pokemon

AAHHN-ALD!
AAHHN-ALD!

Breine
03-12-2007, 10:04 PM
I thought it was okay. I liked the idea of the Terminator being a woman.. Kristanna Loken looked so darn hot in that role, and she kicked some serious butt. I didn't like the fact that Nick Stahl played John Connor and I missed Linda Hamilton/Sarah Connor a lot! It seemed kinda silly to make a new movie in the series without her and James Cameron. In the end it had some good action scenes, but as said some things were missed.

Khaotic
03-12-2007, 10:09 PM
http://imdb.com/title/tt0438488/

edczxcvbnm
03-12-2007, 10:21 PM
Terminator 1 never had the theme of No Fate. If anything it had the theme of Fate. That is why John specifically threw whats his face back in time to bang his mom so he could pop out and actually lead the rebellion that was going to happen. The machines failed so they sent yet another one back in time which means that if nothing changed then judgement day would have happened and nothing in the future would have changed as well.

I argue that T1 was all about Fate now that I think about it.

Having said that I like T3. It had good action and really good flow.

Dreddz
03-12-2007, 10:27 PM
I dunno why people say this movie sucked. Sure, it wasnt better than the previous two, but its still an enjoyable action flic.

Mirage
03-12-2007, 10:35 PM
It wasn't bad, but T2 was much better :p.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
03-12-2007, 11:51 PM
Terminator 1 never had the theme of No Fate. If anything it had the theme of Fate. That is why John specifically threw whats his face back in time to bang his mom so he could pop out and actually lead the rebellion that was going to happen. The machines failed so they sent yet another one back in time which means that if nothing changed then judgement day would have happened and nothing in the future would have changed as well.

I argue that T1 was all about Fate now that I think about it.

Having said that I like T3. It had good action and really good flow.

Kyle Reese was John Connor's father and I still think Terminator 3 sucks because James Cameron wasn't the director.

Slothy
03-13-2007, 12:07 AM
I dunno why people say this movie sucked. Sure, it wasnt better than the previous two, but its still an enjoyable action flic.

Agreed. Trying to top one of the greatest action movies ever (Terminator 2) isn't easy, and I can't fault anyone for failing to meet that standard. Frankly though, until I see James Cameron make another sci-fi action movie and prove he still has the magic touch for the genre, I don't think I'll miss him on the series considering the crap he's been putting out for the better part of a decade (as far as major motion pictures anyway).

If I'm not mistaken, I believe I recall that James Cameron thought the film was pretty good (or at least didn't hate it). If the man who created the series is cool with it, then it can't be that bad.