PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever lost a friend?

MikeL Valentine
03-12-2007, 12:49 AM
A few days ago a friend of mine (well sort of friend but that's another story) had a very serious accident, a balcony fell on her and she is in very critical condition, I feel so sad and depressed she is only 17 GODAMNIT!!!........she probably won't make it :cry:

Anyway to the point now, have you ever lost a friend and if yes how did you fight it?

Ko Ko
03-12-2007, 12:51 AM
I have lost a few freinds; but I didn't mourn them.

:( Sorry about that.

Agrias
03-12-2007, 12:53 AM
i never forget about my true friends...heck i never forget about people who made a distinguished appearance in my life anyways. Thats sometimes the problem i mourn even my enemies. They trample me and i just take it...HA! aaaaanyways! you never forget the people you care about most, and there's really no way to, even after they're gone. Lets just hope your freind makes it out ok, i will have her in my thoughts :D

Diango12
03-12-2007, 01:01 AM
True friends are one of the most important people to me. And I only have 2. Everyone else are mere accociates and aquaintences and ive lost many, just not through accident's.

MikeL Valentine
03-12-2007, 01:04 AM
Well because I don't like hiding behind words the acual reason I made this thread was because I don't know what to do if I lose her :cry:

And I'm shy to ask closer persons to me :(

Rocket Edge
03-12-2007, 01:05 AM
Fortunately, i haven't lost any.

That's terrible about your friend, and even worse luck with how it happened. I guess all i can say is i hope she pulls through.

Diango12
03-12-2007, 01:07 AM
MikeL you need to hang in there, dying isn't easy and iam sure you're friend is going to make it. Just support her through it and you've got nothing to worry about.

MikeL Valentine
03-12-2007, 01:17 AM
Thanks for the support you show me guy/girls, I guess the only thing I can do now is hope for the miracle :(

Iceglow
03-12-2007, 01:28 AM
It's a terrible thing to lose a friend I have lost 3 of mine, one in a RTA (car crash), one due to an overdose at a party of drugs and a third committed suicide. I've also lost friends irrevocably due to arguments and even once tore apart my friends in to two factions during an argument I don't speak to them and in their eyes I am dead.

It's terrible yes but at the same time you got to be strong have faith that she'll live, humans are far tougher than we give ourselves credit.

As for what to do, there isn't a day in your life where you will not ask yourself this if the worst comes to the worst my advice will be, seek professional advice and counselling it can help also think would she want you stuck doing nothing all day but crying for her loss? No they wouldn't. I took to going out and having as good a time as possible due to the fact that nothing would have made them happier.

Mogi
03-12-2007, 01:33 AM
Both of my grandmothers died right in front of me, and they were kind of like my friends. I mean, I understand that there is a difference; a big one.
It will be fine.
I'll keep her in my prayers.
=]

Jojee
03-12-2007, 01:36 AM
Three of my friends (well... two friends and an aquaintence) also have died in an car accident, due to weather. It's sad, they're too young, ya know? D: It gets better with time. ^_^

MikeL Valentine
03-12-2007, 01:42 AM
Three of my friends (well... two friends and an aquaintence) also have died in an car accident, due to weather. It's sad, they're too young, ya know? D: It gets better with time. ^_^

Yeah time is the best healer, true.
The problem is that it passes slowly ^_^

Agrias
03-12-2007, 01:45 AM
although me and my brother arent really on talking terms anymore, he tends to get involved in car accidents quite a bit. His first accident, he almost died, along with his boss and a newborn baby and its father that they almost hit. The car spun out of control and his boss got glass in his eye. :\ Luckily spiro only got out with a gash on his elbow. He also almost got into a reaaally bad car accident on the highway. Luckily he hit the brakes on time, but one of the guys in the unlucky car had glass in his neck, and my brother held him as he died.The dude was 22, my brothers age. Thats not a fun experience for anyone to go through and i keep hoping my brother doesnt go through that. Its always hard losing someone close to you. Dont deny yourself the feelings that come with it. Its better to cope with them, and get the m out of your system, otherwise you'll become depressed for a very long time.

Jojee
03-12-2007, 01:45 AM
Well you said she's in critical condition, but she's not dead. :o So hope she gets better. ^_^

MikeL Valentine
03-12-2007, 01:51 AM
Well you said she's in critical condition, but she's not dead. :o So hope she gets better. ^_^

Yeah you're right but it's not her death I'm afraid of it's that she survives, I acually hope she will die, why? because there is a big chance that she won't walk again and it's a real pity she is so young and so bieutiful :(

yanis
03-12-2007, 02:10 AM
Well I haven't lost any friend because of their death, but because I left the place where I used to leave. That's why I can't believe what you are saying could be true, because if your friend survives at least you can talk to her. It really doesn't matter at this point if she walks or not...:(

Leen-Leen
03-12-2007, 02:32 AM
You have to believe she'll be fine, don't give up :D Anyways, if I ever have lost of friend, I actually never knew. I have to keep on moving, and I have to keep on making new friends. Sometimes I lose contact with friends, so I wouldn't actually know.

But as far as I know right now, no, I haven't lost a friend.

*~Lea*~
03-12-2007, 02:42 AM
So sorry to hear that...
But, there is hope even in the most confusing circumstances...
If ur friend makes it then that is amazin..
But if she doesnt u have to find peace in that...in my opinion at least....there must be somewhere better than here...
Knowing she is there u will find peace in urself..
Thats how i got through losing my nan....Knowing shes sumwhere better than here...Whereever taht place may be...
I hope that helps...
xxx

escobert
03-12-2007, 02:46 AM
10 people I have known died within the last year.

Chemical
03-12-2007, 02:46 AM
In highschool a beautiful, smart and energetic young girl named Stephanie Ramadeen died in a car accident.

She wasn't a best or close friend - but we were friends.
It was tragic.

Most of my friends have been lost to time - growing up, changing, moving. Sometimes losing a friend to death seem like it might be easier because losing touch with someone for no evident reason hurts ... but again I haven't really lost someone close to me so this is a hypothetical feeling.

Though I certainly know I regret losing contact with friends over time, especially the ones who shaped me and were so much a part of my life that at those times I really believed in forever.

Yamaneko
03-12-2007, 04:20 AM
I've lost touch with many people I considered to be friends. I've "known" people that have died, but never a friend thankfully. I guess I move on easily. That could be a good and bad thing, I suppose.

tidus_rox
03-12-2007, 05:18 AM
Your friend will make it through.

Nuff Siad.

Shlup
03-12-2007, 05:19 AM
I'm sure your friend really appreciates you thinking of her as dead, or better off dead. Would you really want her thinking that way of you if you were in her position?

Yamaneko
03-12-2007, 05:26 AM
Although not articulated in the most compassionate of ways, his reasoning is sound. No one wants to see a good friend all messed up after all the good, healthy times you shared together in the past.

Meat Puppet
03-12-2007, 08:38 AM
Many of my friends have died. If I give you an exact number, though, it kind of feels like I’m boasting about it or whatever.

MikeL Valentine
03-12-2007, 08:56 AM
I'm sure your friend really appreciates you thinking of her as dead, or better off dead. Would you really want her thinking that way of you if you were in her posi<b></b>tion?

Maybe you are right and to be honest I wouldn't like anyone to think about me at all whether I survive or not is my problem and not even my mother has to do with that.
So I like your point..

Many of my friends have died. If I give you an exact number, though, it kind of feels like I’m boasting about it or whatever.

What do you mean by boasting? I don't get it....:confused:

The Mog Ninja
03-12-2007, 09:10 AM
He means so many have died that if he said it he would sound like he's boasting. Sort of what he said. Anyway I haven't lost any friends thankfully. Or did I... One of my friends may have died a few years ago, but it was probably a dream.

MikeL Valentine
03-12-2007, 09:14 AM
He means so many have died that if he said it he would sound like he's boasting. Sort of what he said. Anyway I haven't lost any friends thankfully. Or did I... One of my friends may have died a few years ago, but it was probably a dream.

You were lucky it was just a dream :D

Kuroneko
03-12-2007, 09:33 AM
I've lost a friend, quite recently infact. I'm going to her funeral tomorrow. It might be hard but as long as you've got good friends and family to support you (And you support them sometimes too), just don't lose hope and you'll be okay. :)

The Mog Ninja
03-12-2007, 09:37 AM
I didn't say they didn't die, I just said I don't think they died. XD

Bunny
03-12-2007, 12:37 PM
I don't have friends. I only have people I want to kill less.

I've, uh, never lost a friend to some accident. But I'd imagine I would handle it about the same way I have when I lost a family member. Death doesn't really effect me all that much.

MikeL Valentine
03-12-2007, 12:48 PM
I've, uh, never lost a friend to some accident. But I'd imagine I would handle it about the same way I have when I lost a family member. Death doesn't really effect me all that much.

Maybe because you don't think much about it...
I can't say that I will cry if she dies because I have forgot what it looks like but surely I won't be very well for some time...

No.78
03-12-2007, 12:51 PM
When I was 5 I moved here so I lost my first best friend then. I wonder what he's like now? All I remember was that he was called Daniel Williams and was ginger... Yep.

Jess
03-12-2007, 04:25 PM
I've lost friends though lack of conversation, and moving homes but never through death, thankfully.

I hope your friend is okay.

Reles
03-12-2007, 05:40 PM
A friend of mine in high school killed himself and I went to his funeral. It's almost unreal. I will probably always feel sad about that.

Other than that, I've had friends move away or I've lost contact with many of them.

Jowy
03-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Sometime in early 2002 my best friend from elementary school commited suicide, and this last November one of my closer friends had an epileptic seizure and passed away in her dorm room. Hurts like hell, it does, but you get by in time and always cherish the memories.

Quindiana Jones
03-12-2007, 06:17 PM
I haven't lost them in that sense. But pretty much everyone I've become best mates with has mvoed away. That sucks.

My dad lost a duckload of friends when he was young. One was ice skating on thin ice, fell through and died. That's the one I can remember best.

Owen Macwere
03-12-2007, 07:55 PM
Yes, it is terrible to lose friends, especially close ones. In just this year I lost two of my friends in accidents, it wasn't too easy to get over it.

I hope your friend makes it alright. :)

MikeL Valentine
03-15-2007, 12:30 AM
I've lost friends though lack of conversation, and moving homes but never through death, thankfully.

I hope your friend is okay.

It has happened to me as well to lose a friend because of luck of conversation but it's not all that hard I didn't really care.

@all
Thanks guys/girls..

SammieBabe
03-15-2007, 10:38 PM
A guy I hung out with in high school died about three years after I graduated. A car accident, I think. We had been out of touch for while but I still think about him when I look at my yearbooks and such.
Another friend I was closer with died about three years ago. He was shot twice in the back of the head in a drug deal gone bad. They were trying to rob him for money he didn't even have. I went to his funeral. I did grieve, but I felt like I didn't deserve to after I saw his mother and family.

Mirage
03-15-2007, 11:01 PM
I've lost a few friends, but only one because of death. The others I just slipped away from.

blim
03-15-2007, 11:18 PM
I lost my best friend at 13 from a heart condition. I still remember him fairly often but not with sadness. And my niece was not alive when born , that one still hurts but gets easier. Ive lost others through drugs and alcohol, some closer than others. It is inevitable that people will die, of course when it happpens it's sad but you just have to get on with things.

Hope your friend pulls through.

MikeL Valentine
03-16-2007, 06:46 PM
And my niece was not alive when born , that one still hurts but gets easier.

My father's sister died only 3 months old, I don't even want to imagine how much it must hurt because I have a young sister 12 years old and I still remember how happy I was when she was born.

Hambone
03-16-2007, 07:14 PM
No. But several have moved away. :(

Fatal Impurity
03-19-2007, 01:43 PM
My friend has a inopperable brain tumour and has had it for about 5 years...i'm just waiting for the call to come telling me he's gone...:(

Bunny
03-19-2007, 01:48 PM

Maybe because you don't think much about it...

Uh, yeah? Death and I have a strange relationship. We know of each other's existence, but none of us care about the other. Not trying to come off as a badass who laughs in the face of death, because I'm not and I don't, I've just never been the type of person to mourn someone's loss.

LoveArya
03-19-2007, 01:48 PM
im sorry about your friend. I had one, and he died of coke and meth and he was 18 years old. i didnt know how to deal with it, i lost a few pounds and then i just couldnt stop crying. i eventually got over, but i'll always miss him.

MikeL Valentine
03-19-2007, 05:42 PM
Uh, yeah? Death and I have a strange relationship. We know of each other's existence, but none of us care about the other. Not trying to come off as a badass who laughs in the face of death, because I'm not and I don't, I've just never been the type of person to mourn someone's loss.

Oh really? Did you ever acually had a friend? :rolleyes2
Sorry about that but you don't seem to care at all and that is called ignorance, no?

Bunny
03-19-2007, 06:52 PM

Oh really? Did you ever acually had a friend? :rolleyes2
Sorry about that but you don't seem to care at all and that is called ignorance, no?

Do not insult my intelligence or resort to such pathetic insults such as that. I have lost friends and family. But I have never mourned their loss because death is a natural occurance. Sure, I miss them and I wonder how life would be were they still around, but that is not exactly mourning in my book.

Regardless, stop whining.

MikeL Valentine
03-19-2007, 08:10 PM
Do not insult my intelligence or resort to such pathetic insults such as that. I have lost friends and family. But I have never mourned their loss because death is a natural occurance. Sure, I miss them and I wonder how life would be were they still around, but that is not exactly mourning in my book.

Insult your intelligence? :confused:

Regardless, stop whining.

Whining?
Hehe well I never said that I would cry or something if that's what you mean (I don't remember what crying looks like) and I myself have already lost friends and family but now it's a defferent case I never morned for anyone and that's what surprised me:

A few days ago a friend of mine (well sort of friend but that's another story) had a very serious accident.....
(I should have probably said it earlier) We are not acually friends we are....well.....rivals but I won't get in details (you probably understand why)

escobert
03-19-2007, 08:25 PM
Apperently one of my friends fathers killed himself in front of him last night. I just can't imagine doing that to my son.

Owen Macwere
03-19-2007, 08:25 PM
There's nothing wrong if someone cries cause they lost someone dear to them. Crying is there for a reason and I don't know why people say "I never cried before" or in your case "I don't remember how crying is" why would you be proud with that?. Crying is part of expressing your feelings and emotions. My apologies, but this is not a matter of prides.

MikeL Valentine
03-19-2007, 11:49 PM
There's nothing wrong if someone cries cause they lost someone dear to them. Crying is there for a reason and I don't know why people say "I never cried before" or in your case "I don't remember how crying is" why would you be proud with that?. Crying is part of expressing your feelings and emotions. My apologies, but this is not a matter of prides.

I don't feel proud that I don't cry, I feel stronger, even if sometimes I really need to I just can't because if I do I make others feel sorry for me and that's something I don't want.

Owen Macwere
03-20-2007, 01:58 PM
Well, no one wants others to feel sorry for them, pity them, but you can still cry when you are alone. All I'm saying is there's nothing wrong in crying at all. That's all.

MikeL Valentine
03-20-2007, 07:33 PM
Well, no one wants others to feel sorry for them, pity them, but you can still cry when you are alone. All I'm saying is there's nothing wrong in crying at all. That's all.

Even alone it's hard for me to cry, it's deficult to explain it.
And yes there is nothing wrong with it, exept if you prefer playing it cool or something :rolleyes2

McLovin'
03-20-2007, 07:36 PM
9 friends all at once because they thought what they were doing was a joke. I moved after that and never spoke to em again. It has seriously left me as a distrustful person.

TyphoonThaReapa
03-20-2007, 07:38 PM
I lost 15 friends they Hurricane Katrina, and still lookin'...

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-20-2007, 07:44 PM
I am fortunate enough to not have lost anyone close to me yet, by death that is. I have become estranged from friends though. We just do not talk as much as we used to and such. It does and does not bother me. For the most part, most of the friends that I grew apart from were never really close friends, I hung out with them in school and such but besides that we did not do much together. Some of them are like "you do not message me as often" or stuff like that (I have most of my friends from High School on MSN) but the thing is, I rarely did message them. I think there is about only one friend I really miss and that is because we grew up together. We were very close and had few things that we did not tell each other. It sucks when you lose someone that close but I guess things like that happen.

I remember being somewhere and watching this comedy thing on someone's computer. In the show there was this serious moment though where they describe friendship. The main character said some friends are like leaves and go away with the seasons thus their lose is normal, then there are a few that are like branches (in other words remains close to you). Then there are those leaves that try to become branches and it is those ones you have to watch for (as in for potential good friends). I think I kinda screwed it up, but still, it was something that stuck with me.

Fatal Impurity
03-21-2007, 01:23 AM
I think it's worse to know someone is going to go and being unable to do anything about it than just straight out losing someone...sure the shock and suddeness hits you pretty bad but it make's it easier to accept and you never have to feel that pain of helplessness...

MikeL Valentine
03-21-2007, 11:47 AM
I think it's worse to know someone is going to go and being unable to do anything about it than just straight out losing someone...sure the shock and suddeness hits you pretty bad but it make's it easier to accept and you never have to feel that pain of helplessness...

EXACLY.......

Bart's Friend Milhouse
03-21-2007, 11:55 AM
I lost a friend of about 9 years about this time 4 years ago

Owen Macwere
03-21-2007, 12:37 PM

Yes, I know about this one very well. It hurts deeper than losing someone suddenly.

Polaris
03-21-2007, 12:40 PM
Yes I have lost a friend... my best friend actually