PDA

View Full Version : Need advice for Saymor

MikeL Valentine
03-12-2007, 12:36 PM
How the hell can I beat that bastard I'm fighting him for third time I think, on that mauntain with the Ronso (hopefully the last time I fight him)
I tried make all my characters at their limit but it's not enough and he killes me almost with his first turn, first he hits me with the two swords he caries and he attacks two more times with the full-life and I lose, just like that :mad2:

What am I suposse to do should I level-up my characters more or there is something I can do.
Please I need help....

No.78
03-12-2007, 01:03 PM
No.1 Train s'more
No.2 Use aoens
No.3 Buy lots of holy waters, reflect probably helps too
No.4 Buff

Captain Maxx Power
03-12-2007, 01:35 PM
First off Seymour will do his usual thing of casting spells in a certain order. Use the Sensor ability to see the full list in the monster description. Secondly never underestimate the power of Bio. Seymour poisoned will take a very significant amount of damage each time he attacks. Other than that use Aeons to absorb his more powerful attacks (Aeons are useless besides this in this fight since he can instant-kill them and will do so on his next turn), and if all else fails use level around Mt. Gagazet some and try again.

utelektr
03-12-2007, 01:55 PM
Getting prepared: Get all Aeons max overdrive bars. Train Auron to 4000+ HP and buy him a zombie ward armor from Wantz. And make sure Lulu can poison Seymour. He takes 1440 damage from it. And it never hurts to train Yuna so your aeons do more damage. Make sure your hard hitters (probably Auron, Tidus and Wakka) have over 2500 HP. And make sure you have a lot of Holy Waters (heal Zombie with them).

The actual Battle: Start off with Lulu, Auron and any other character you want to do damage with. Have Lulu cast Bio, (alternatively, you could have Rikku throw a Poison Fang) then switch her out put for your hard hitter. Then just keep pummeling him. As soon as you seen Protect, unleash your Aeons' Overdrives on him. If this didn't work, train your hard hitters.

That's my strategy from what I remember of the Flux battle. Feel free to add to it.

Garnie
03-12-2007, 02:11 PM
its easy if you know how. what really helps on the little guy is if you have auto med on your armour! you can do it with remedys and stuff! also i like tidus learning all of aurons stats on the sphere grid so im over 4000 hp by the time i meat him! then just the limets and what not

Sain Cai
03-12-2007, 07:54 PM
I really do not know why people dont use reflect on themselves while battling bosses. Zombie is no problem, if you have reflect, since full life will be, um, reflected! As will every other spell he casts.

Take note of this when you fight other bosses, since it will all be the same

MikeL Valentine
03-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Thanks guys/girls I followed your advises and I beat him quite easily :cool:

Hazzard
03-12-2007, 09:03 PM
Just make sure you train up even more for the bosses following up after him, because they're much more difficult and Yunalesca took me a long time to defeat and you definitely gotta have holy.

utelektr
03-12-2007, 09:13 PM
You don't need Holy for Yunalesca. I beat her easily without it.

ReloadPsi
03-12-2007, 09:36 PM
Every Aeon with a fully charged Overdrive gauge will defeat him. That's not a suggestion, that's a dead on promise.

utelektr
03-13-2007, 02:06 AM
You probably know that depends on the Aeon's strength. If you have Yuna underleveled, the Aeons probably won't go to 9999 damage.

4evarisha
03-13-2007, 04:33 AM
1.Reflect
2.Immunity in your armor to zombie.
3.poison him
4.aeons
5.overdrives
6.magic
7.healing
:)

MikeL Valentine
03-14-2007, 04:22 PM
Just make sure you train up even more for the bosses following up after him, because they're much more difficult and Yunalesca took me a long time to defeat and you definitely gotta have holy.

Hehe when you told me about Yunalesca I was like "oh man give me a break" but she was way too weak to tire me at all, I just needed a few phoenix downs :D

Reles
03-14-2007, 05:50 PM
Every Aeon with a fully charged Overdrive gauge will defeat him. That's not a suggestion, that's a dead on promise.

Exactly.

jammi567
03-14-2007, 05:59 PM
All you really need are:

Dispel
Reflect
Protect
Bio

Put protect on yourself, put reflect on yourself, put bio on him, dispel the effects that he puts on himself, and let bio do it's work.

utelektr
03-14-2007, 08:28 PM
Bleh. Lady Y. isn't that hard. I beat her on my first try.

jammi567
03-14-2007, 09:10 PM
I beat all the bosses on my first try!

lordbolton
03-30-2007, 09:27 PM
I thik I got lucky, but I just started off using all my aeon's overdrives and used bio (i had Yojimbo, tho)!

Shiva_
03-30-2007, 10:33 PM
For preparation:

If you didn't spend time leveling up at the Highbridge, then you will likely have a more difficult time. Best thing is make sure you level up enough until Tidus learns Hastega so fewer turns will be wasted in hasting allies during the battle. Have Yuna's Aeons' Overdrives filled pre-battle as well as their O/D's will help you out.

You should have Zombie Ward armor. An alternative is Auto-Med armor so that Holy Waters are automatically used, but that armor is harder to make. He uses lance of atrophy which inflicts zombie status. He then follows up with Full-Life which can OHKO that ally. You can make Zombie Ward armor with 30 Holy Waters. There's no need to waste turns manually using Holy Waters. Speed is the key in winning the battle.

An important thing is to silence him at the beginning so he can't use Dispel on everybody. Dispel becomes a pain because you will then have to recast your buffs. Rikku should begin the fight with a Silence Grenade for this. Then have Lulu poison him w/ Bio spell or have Rikku use a Poison Fang to do it.