PDA

View Full Version : De Ja Vu?

dragontamer
03-12-2007, 01:26 PM
Is it just me or do some of the songs sound famillier?

the menu theme, just the piano riff in the backround that sonds spookily familier to the one used in a ffx promoting trailer. (the trailer in question can be found on the ffx bonus disk "beyond final fantasy")

The chocobo theme was that of ff8.

the "danger" theme played during your escape from the palace was also from ff8, i think when you were trying to run from the black widdow spider near the start of the game. it might have been a litle later though.

there may have been more but i havent played all of the ffs so tell me íf there is more.

to be honest, i dont mind the old songs, its a nice reminiscence, dont you agree?

Rabidewok
03-12-2007, 01:27 PM
Yeah I agree, its all good though. I'm just waiting for them to replay the music during the Sin's attack on the "dream like" world that tidus lived in before he came to the real world.

Paul
03-12-2007, 01:58 PM
Is it just me or do some of the songs sound famillier?

the menu theme, just the piano riff in the backround that sonds spookily familier to the one used in a ffx promoting trailer. (the trailer in question can be found on the ffx bonus disk "beyond final fantasy")
this is something that has been happening in the series since FF1 in the early 1980s...

the title piece has actually been the title screen for pretty much every final fantasy game in the entire series (i think there was a shortened version in 8 and 10). then the music as you load your save game has been in every final fantasy title to date i think... usually in the ending, but appears randomly.

The chocobo theme was that of ff8. and 2, and 3, and 4, and 5, and 6, and 7, and 9

there may have been more but i havent played all of the ffs so tell me íf there is more.there's probably a lot more. i know when you defeat a boss, the music is the same as the music you usually get when winning a battle in most of the other games.

Fynn
03-12-2007, 02:25 PM
The only tracks that Sakimoto recycled for this part are "Prelue", "Final Fantasy", "Victory Fanfare" and "Clash on the Big Bridge". The Chocobo Theme is actually a new remix, though the original melody is there, of course.

Paul
03-12-2007, 02:36 PM
every FF has a different remix of the chocobo theme.

Hazzard
03-12-2007, 07:23 PM
which FF do you think has the best Chocobo Riddim?

Yeah, the opening music is from FF4.

Zeromus_X
03-12-2007, 07:30 PM
...And FFI, III, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, and X. :)

Diango12
03-12-2007, 08:26 PM
When I heard Gilga's theme come on I died XD

xtrava
03-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Err, they always do this pretty much...

Chocobo music ftw...Although its not as spirited in 12 as it is in others :(

Fynn
03-12-2007, 11:15 PM
I liked the XII Chocobo Theme! It sorta reminded me of greek music, because it's jumpy, sorta dissonant and a bit... 'drunk' :p

farplaner
03-14-2007, 02:33 PM
The Salikawood music sounds very similar to Zanarkand Ruins in X-2. I think it's just composer signature, not a copy.

KasaiDraco
03-14-2007, 04:01 PM
More like De ja n00b.

Renmiri
03-14-2007, 04:45 PM
More like De ja n00b.

Awww. Be nice, will ya ? Some people don't live and breath FF 24 hours a day, you know ?

KasaiDraco
03-14-2007, 09:12 PM
i was just joking. lol.

QuistiDan
03-14-2007, 09:55 PM
the garamscythe water way music is from ff X-2(the maze under Seymour mantion if my memory doesn't fail me) :mog:

Roto13
03-14-2007, 09:56 PM
The only tracks that Sakimoto recycled for this part are "Prelue", "Final Fantasy", "Victory Fanfare" and "Clash on the Big Bridge". The Chocobo Theme is actually a new remix, though the original melody is there, of course.

And a couple of songs that were taken from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.

Mirage
03-14-2007, 10:32 PM
The Salikawood music sounds very similar to Zanarkand Ruins in X-2. I think it's just composer signature, not a copy.
Kinda hard when the games didn't have the same composers.

the garamscythe water way music is from ff X-2(the maze under Seymour mantion if my memory doesn't fail me) :mog:
Nop.

farplaner
03-17-2007, 06:13 AM
[QUOTE=farplaner;2126632]The Salikawood music sounds very similar to Zanarkand Ruins in X-2. I think it's just composer signature, not a copy.
Kinda hard when the games didn't have the same composers.

Fine, call me on it why don't you! :p Still, the music does sound very similar.

Renmiri
03-17-2007, 04:08 PM
It sounds familiar because it is. The XII composer used a lot of "trademark" songs from other FF games such as Prelude, Battle on the Bridge, etc... A homage to FF you might say. And you are a FF expert for having noticed. N00bs wouldn't know any songs! :D

farplaner
03-19-2007, 10:32 AM
It sounds familiar because it is. The XII composer used a lot of "trademark" songs from other FF games such as Prelude, Battle on the Bridge, etc... A homage to FF you might say. And you are a FF expert for having noticed. N00bs wouldn't know any songs! :D

:love: :D