PDA

View Full Version : New Spring Anime Season

JKTrix
03-12-2007, 03:28 PM
Here I present a catalogue of sorts, these are all/most of the anime starting in Japan this spring. I don't know what most of them are, but I saw at least 4 anime based off of video games: Devil May Cry, Blue Dragon, Shining Tears and Idolmaster (Xenoglossia)

There are two in particular that I have my eye on, The Skull Man and Darker Than Black. Only because they're being made by BONES, creators of the awesome RahXephon/Eureka 7/Full Metal Alchemist etc.

Whereever you get your anime from, keep an eye out for these new shows.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v729/snow-chan/nextseason.jpg

Edit: Pic too big, made a link instead.

Tasura
03-12-2007, 03:56 PM
There are a couple there that look worthy of spending time/space on, mainly the one's you mentioned, plus a couple of others.

Roto13
03-12-2007, 06:42 PM
What can you tell me about "Over Drive"? :P

Dreddz
03-12-2007, 06:52 PM
The Skull Man should be entertaining, Im wary about the rest.

TyphoonThaReapa
03-12-2007, 07:11 PM
A'yo, Devil May Cry is gonna be tight son!!!:cool:

JKTrix
03-12-2007, 08:37 PM
What can you tell me about "Over Drive"? :P

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/overdrive/

Kids on bikes. Could be interesting, the art looks decent at least.

I'm quite wary of Devil May Cry. However, it is being produced by Madhouse, who also recently did Death Note and is famous for Trigun and the Ninja Scroll movies.

I don't know about Blue Dragon. I'm afraid it'll spoil the story of the game for me, but I might be drawn into it nonetheless.

Something I've been doing lately is downloading the first episode of almost anything I can find. However, this is 50 brand new shows... I might pick up Ninja Turtles just for kicks.

Marshall Banana
03-12-2007, 10:51 PM
The music for Darker Than Black is done by Youko Kanno. That's reason enough to watch it, I think! =O

Moon Rabbits
03-12-2007, 10:57 PM
Neat, too bad I can't read the titles of most of these.

Fifth one down the first column looks cool, so does the seventh one down the second column. Unyuuuuuuu~ and a Claymore anime~!!

JKTrix
03-13-2007, 02:58 AM
The music for Darker Than Black is done by Youko Kanno. That's reason enough to watch it, I think! =O

Holly freaking crap, I did not know that. I was going to watch this anyway, but that just elevated its status to 'frothing demand'.

I just finished watching Escaflowne for the first time over the weekend. I'm in a Yoko Kanno groove right now.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-13-2007, 03:27 AM
Romeo x Juliet actually looked pretty cool, I'll be checking that out. May also look into the video-game based ones.

NeoCracker
03-13-2007, 03:29 AM
There are a few coming out I want, namely Beat and Fate/Stay Night(Even though I've already seen it), and hellsing ultimate. None of those ones you listed really seem interesting to me.