PDA

View Full Version : WTF? The bosses are murder!!!

Renmiri
03-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Here I am, happy as a clam with my party's 8,000 HP (With bubble belts) at level 64 when I start looking closer at the bosses HP in the guide.

WTF ? Demon Wall #2, at level 17 already had 10,000 HP. No wonder it was such a hard battle!

It only gets worse and by the time you get to Golmore jungle the bosses are in the hundred thousands HP and 999 MP :eek:

I didn't realize the stats were so uneven! No wonder a 20,000 HP damage quickening chain barely made a dent on that Elder Wyrm on Golmore...

This game is thougher than I thought.

:D :D :D And I so pwned it :D :D :D :

Sergeant Hartman
03-12-2007, 05:15 PM
Not too hard and not too easy :hat:

Diango12
03-12-2007, 05:22 PM
:exdee:

I thought the bosses were easy, after over leveling my vaan he pretty much carried the whole party on his back go Vaan

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r29/Diango123/Penelo_and_Vaan_by_Sumii.jpg

Wuggly Blight
03-12-2007, 07:16 PM
The bosses on the average are murder indeed....

Nominus Experse
03-12-2007, 07:23 PM
You have three characters - of course it has to be uneven! If it wasn't, the bosses would be even easier than they already are.

Angel_from_hell
03-12-2007, 07:28 PM
I think the marks are harder than the bosses in the main story, and I didnīt find the both Demon walls any hard at all they where easy. But I think that the bosses have to much HP on a far to small levle.

rubah
03-12-2007, 10:57 PM
I think it's just fine. There's a good mix of high HP marks and bosses and ones with handicaps, which forces you to strategize somewhat.

Pete for President
03-13-2007, 12:06 AM
I think it's just fine. There's a good mix of high HP marks and bosses and ones with handicaps, which forces you to strategize somewhat.
agreed! (so far)

Roto13
03-13-2007, 12:12 AM
It's like this in every Final Fantasy. No, it's like this in every RPG except things like Pokemon where it's one-on-one and everyone has similar stats.

Aurons_Desciple
03-13-2007, 01:24 AM
Waaaaaaaaaay too much HP, 100,000hp when your character only have 1,500 is just ridiculous

Dragonface
03-13-2007, 01:31 AM
As the sayings goes 'Enemies with high HP, must use Demi magics'. In other words: Cast alot of 'Demi' until their HP is low, then go attack then the way you want.

PuPu
03-13-2007, 01:32 AM
High HP really doesn't matter unless you are talking about Yiazmat. It only means that you can't beat them in about 20 seconds with just lucky chains of Quickenings.

Okay sure, Demon Wall #1 did have more than twice the amount of the second one, but what was really hard was beating it before it rammed you into dust.

Demon Wall #2 was only annoying for me because of things such as Telega, Blindga, and Chain Magick, not it's high HP.

Elder Wyrm was hard because of his damn Sporefall attack which inflicted a whole ton of statuses on you.

Really, if it were still ATB, then the HP would definitely be ridiculous. But since you are able to attack almost every two seconds, it's not. After all, when you were only able to do about 100 damage, Firemane and Mimic Queen had about 4000 HP; I don't suppose you think that was also unfair do you?

Shiva_
03-13-2007, 09:39 AM
Some optional bosses and marks have well over 1 million HP.

There's this one with 50 million. Fortunately, you can leave and come back, and he won't replenish his HP for the most part.

Renmiri
03-13-2007, 03:14 PM
After all, when you were only able to do about 100 damage, Firemane and Mimic Queen had about 4000 HP; I don't suppose you think that was also unfair do you?
I did when I read the stats! Vaan and my party barely had 100 HP at the time. The darn things had 40 X my party's HP.

It didn't feel so bad because I had leveled up to 10 before going to the castle but if you just stroll along after you get the sunstones (which you barely need level 3 to get) I'd be pulverized.

The dungeon fiends are all around your level but the bosses all have 40, 50, 100 X higher HP. And you only have 3 guys to battle them!

Waaaaaaaaaay too much HP, 100,000hp when your character only have 1,500 is just ridiculous

QFT

Although I'm feeling such a gamer after realizing I pwned them all :love: :love: :love:

Melodies_of_life
03-13-2007, 03:42 PM
OMG Forget the bosses in the main story line has anyone tried to defeat these two Yiazmat or Omega Mark XII?

Yiazmat is the worst one with 50,112,254 HP it is the biggest pain in the butt ever! Next to that it would have to be Omega Mark XII with 10,370,699 HP.

Right when I get down to almost killing them they kill me.!.!

Renmiri
03-13-2007, 03:54 PM
Yes, there is also the hell Wyrm and some other baddies with million+ HP

No.78
03-13-2007, 05:56 PM
The difficulty is perfect <3

Shiva_
03-13-2007, 08:26 PM
Yiazmat is the worst one with 50,112,254 HP it is the biggest pain in the butt ever! Next to that it would have to be Omega Mark XII with 10,370,699 HP.

Omega Mark XII's HP has been watered down in the US version. He only has 1 million HP in it.

Mirage
03-13-2007, 08:59 PM
How boring :(.

rubah
03-13-2007, 10:04 PM
As the sayings goes 'Enemies with high HP, must use Demi magics'. In other words: Cast alot of 'Demi' until their HP is low, then go attack then the way you want.

Gravity, you mean? I think the only time gravity based magic was worth anything was when it was called demi xD

Nominus Experse
03-13-2007, 10:09 PM
Not to mention most bosses are Immune to such Gravity based attacks.

Aurons_Desciple
03-13-2007, 10:37 PM

ROFL

Renmiri
03-13-2007, 10:42 PM
Necrohol golems :eep: Almost kicked my party's beehive :mad:

Shiva_
03-14-2007, 12:10 AM

There's a mark later in the game where you can use Reverse + Renew to kill him quickly. Using Renew on a mob when he's in Reverse status will bring his HP right down to 1. After doing that, then attacking him once will kill him.

After I defeated that one mark really quickly with Reverse, Renew, then Attack, I kinda thought I could defeat some other marks and bosses easily with this method.

Unfortunately, most marks and bosses are immune to Reverse status. Undead bosses/marks are immune to Renew, Raise, Arise. Some of the tougher undead foes later in the game are immune to those as well.

Ko Ko
03-14-2007, 02:13 AM
I have never found the bosses to be difficult: but the characters always die fast ; _ ;

Diango12
03-14-2007, 02:56 AM
Well now that I think about it, the "god or devil" mark was really difficult, he kept me on my toes.
:moomba:

Nominus Experse
03-14-2007, 05:31 AM

There's a mark later in the game where you can use Reverse + Renew to kill him quickly. Using Renew on a mob when he's in Reverse status will bring his HP right down to 1. After doing that, then attacking him once will kill him.

After I defeated that one mark really quickly with Reverse, Renew, then Attack, I kinda thought I could defeat some other marks and bosses easily with this method.

Unfortunately, most marks and bosses are immune to Reverse status. Undead bosses/marks are immune to Renew, Raise, Arise. Some of the tougher undead foes later in the game are immune to those as well.

Hence the word "most". :p

Wasn't the mark Rodeo to the Death? Or was that the one where you used Reflect prior to entering battle since he immediately casts Invert?

God... I need to play through this game again...

Shiva_
03-14-2007, 08:49 AM
Hence the word "most". :p

Wasn't the mark Rodeo to the Death? Or was that the one where you used Reflect prior to entering battle since he immediately casts Invert?

God... I need to play through this game again...

It was the Visitor On Deck one. That was the mark on the airship. I can't remember if he used invert as he didn't really get a chance to do anything since I defeated him really quick.

I used my leader to cast Reverse on it and then had my 2nd person begin casting Renew while Reverse was 2/3's or so through the charge process. After that, I had my 3rd person attack or use magic. You have to get the timing of Reverse and Renew right making sure Reverse sticks on him. For me, Reverse happened to stick on him upon the first casting of it.