PDA

View Full Version : Fafnir, have you killed it, if so how? :P

xtrava
03-12-2007, 07:49 PM
Okay so I'm trying to kill Fafnir, my main 3 party members are level 63, 60 and 60...Is it possible for me to kill him at this level?

I don't seem to even damage him (I know he has a lot of HP but it doesnt seem to go down after many many attacks).

Only have about 3 marks left before the final 50 million HP or whatever it is monster. :P

ValiantKnight
03-12-2007, 07:53 PM
His HP is around 1.5 million and 2million.
Having chronos tears is helpful, and having a beefy character with lots of HP helps.

Are you merely running out of MP then dying or is he killing you outright, or do you fight with him for 5minutes?
What kind of damage are you doing to him?

xtrava
03-12-2007, 08:23 PM
Basically if I get a nice amount of hits in I can see his HP coming off, but I never get to more than say 5 minutes attacking him before I have to retreat to near the entrance because everyones getting KO'ed. Then once cured I come back and its HP has already regenerated to near full, and then perhaps that time fighting it KO's or near KO's everyone very quickly so I dont get to do any damage before I retreat back near the entrance.

If his HP didnt regenerate so quickly this strategy would work, needless to say it would still take a long time, but as it is, Fafnirs HP just regenerates too quickly for my attacks to make its HP slowly but surely drop.

I'm doing damage of like 3-5,000 per hit so not that brilliant.

I guess I'm probably just not quite good enough to defeat him yet, even though I've killed nearly every other level 7 mark. His HP is so huge :P

I'll gambit up a Chronos Tear for next time round rather than selecting it, I already had Sleep gambit set up etc. I'll perhaps try again when Vaan is level 70, hes currently 63.

Wolf Kanno
03-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Fafnir is a real bastard in my opinion. Do you have the Genji Equipment? I know a good strategy and it works better with the Genji gloves.

You'll basically need a rank (I chose Basch) give them the best Samurai sword you have (Beat "Ancient Man of Mystery" and you get the Masamune as the reward.) You'll want to berzerk and haste this character and they will become a combo monster dealing 6-12 hits doing anywhere from 5000 to 9999 points of damage.

Build a similiar "magic" based character using Flare to nail him while he switches immunity. Your third character should be your healer and try to stay away from the group so you don't get caught up in his mega spells. Make sure your casters are using shields so you can block attacks and reduce your damage.

Alternate between attacking and healing. It also helps to bring in a second string team into the beginning of the fight te remove his status buffs and to use quickenings on, that way your main party will have less to deal with. Also be careful, he tends to sneak in status buffs throughout the battle so you need to dispel them quickly so you are constantly doing max damage.

xtrava
03-12-2007, 09:54 PM
Good tips.

I have Genji Gloves, but havnt defeated You know who (Dont want to spoil anything for anyone :P) the second time yet to gain that sword.

I'll let you know if I ever succeed :cool:

rubah
03-12-2007, 10:50 PM
I was level 61 62, so you can definitely do it.

It wasn't difficult. Get one person to keep whatever accessory it is to defend against sleepga when you see he's casting it, then otherwise use hermes sandals or bubble belt or whatever. THe important thing is to never let your players all fall asleep. That happened to me in the first round and it's so frustrating xD keep one or two players hasted berserk'd braveryed, use the second or third to recast buffs (bubble!) keep genji gloves on your first berserker and whatever on the second (It's helpful to make your magic casters berserk so they can rebuild MP), cast slow on him so he isn't haste'd, etc.

It just takes a lot of hitting. It wasn't too difficult though.

xtrava
03-13-2007, 01:58 AM
I must just be rubbish then ;) I did just defeat Gilgamesh though so that'll do me for the day :)

ValiantKnight
03-13-2007, 03:06 PM
slow definately a plus, keep it on him :)
Guarding against the status effects is also key.
Bubble is required.
I am not sure, but I think he pierces shield block, if he doesnt, get a really good shield, possibly a main gauche(for the + evade) and have that player use decoy.

xtrava
03-14-2007, 06:28 PM
Killed him :tongue:

Renmiri
03-14-2007, 07:28 PM
Woohoo! Congrats!

He took me a long time but he went down like a log :D

xtrava
03-14-2007, 09:02 PM
Thanks ^^

Yeah he wasnt nearly as difficult as I first thought, I think its just that the last few times I tried him I couldnt really notice much of a change on his HP bar and just thought I must not be strong enough but today I relentlessly attacked and he never looked like besting me.

:)