PDA

View Full Version : The Story So Far...

BlackWaltz
03-12-2007, 10:46 PM
Okay first of all i just want to say i am loving this game! Its so addictive and the gameplay is brilliant, being able to explore the open lands like FFXI. People that say this has no story are mental. if anything, it has more of a story than most in the series, i think people are just used deep character back stories. This focuses more on the general point, with the war, politics (very star wars like). Although i must say it can get very confusing at times. I was just wondering if you fans could give me detailed run through of events up to the point where i am (just returned to rabanastre after Shiva)

Thanks and i will look forward to hearing from you guys :p

Setzer Gabianni
03-12-2007, 10:56 PM
I think people's main problems with the story was that it was too short or something along the lines, but that's cool, people think differently 8D. Glad you like it tho =)

BlackWaltz
03-14-2007, 10:30 PM
if no one really knows the story well then does anyone have a link to somewhere that can fully explain in detail of what happened up to the point where i am?

Setzer Gabianni
03-14-2007, 11:05 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=25655

Or you could PM this guy, he's like the Jesus of FFXII 8D

Diango12
03-14-2007, 11:11 PM
The problem that people have with the story wasn't that it was to short but the pacing of the plot was to jumpy. Racking up 200 hours to 1000 hours is unprecidented and in no way does that make a game short!

Simply put the game was so awesome that it seemingly flashed before everyones eyes :D

Hazzard
03-14-2007, 11:12 PM
Gosh...You lot think of Wolf Kanno as some sort of God of XII

But he is kinda cool with all the facts and the knowledge!

Wolf Kanno
03-15-2007, 09:13 AM
You've just finished the Shiva? Lord this will be a long post...

The Prologue

The story begins with the marriage of Lady Ashe and Lord Rasler in the city of Rabanastre. Thus uniting the kingdoms of Dalmasca and Nabradia, two kingdoms that share a vast history of good will and co-existence. Though it may be a marriage of political convience, Ashe and Rasler truly love each other.

But shortly after, Nabradia is invaded by the Archadian Empire. Nabradia and Dalmasca are situated in a small penisula that seperates two powerful nations, Archadian and Rozzarian Empires. These two kingdoms hve been rivals for decades and the world quakes in fear of the idea of the two nations clashing.

Basch brings word of Nabradia's fall to the expanding Archadian Empire. Basch (Captian of the Order of Knights of Dalmasca), Lord Rasler, and King Raminas decide to create a last line of defense in Nalbina Fortress, in order to defend Dalmasca from Archadia. Captain Basch and Lord Rasler head there to lead the troops but all does not go well. The magic paling that protects the city is destroyed and the fortress feels the overwhelming wrath of the imperial army. During the chaos, Lord Rasler is struck with an arrow to his chest and dies. Captain Basch leads the retreat, carrying Lord Rasler's body with him.

King Raminas is summoned to the newly conquered fortress of Nalbina to discuss a peace treaty with the Archadian Empire; though many knew that the treaty would only benifit the empire. Lady Ashe mourns the death of her husband and Captain Basch leads a troop of soldiers to Nalbina Fortress to protect the King.

Here we meet Reks, a new recruit to the Dalmascan army. He wishes to protect his home and his younger brother from the tyranny of the empire. His unit is wiped out but Reks survives due to the intervention of Captain Basch and Vossler. Reks joins their unit while Vossler leaves to help elsewhere. Reks and Captain Basch infiltrate the fortress where they fight tooth and nail to get to the king. Reks leaves the unit to stay behind and protect the unit from a pincer attack, as Basch and his unit storm the main chamber. Reks quickly dispatches the soldier and decides to rejoin the unit.

When he enters the main chamber he finds the unit slaughtered and Captain Basch killing King Reminas. Discovering that he had been seen. Basch approaches Reks, who questions him about the madness of killing the King, Basch tells him that the King betrayed Dalmasca by signing the peace treaty which basically hands Dalmasca over the the Archadians. Basch felt it would be better to kill the "weak king" and fight to the bitter end. Basch then stabs Reks with his sword. As Reks lies on the floor dying, he thinks only of his brother. His last words being his name... "Vaan"

End Prologue

I'll post the rest in a little bit. If there is anything specific you wish to ask or wish for me to elaborate on, feel free. Renmiri also tends to have lots of connections. She may have a link for you.

Also... when did I become a "prophet" in these forums? Um... Thanks?

Setzer Gabianni
03-15-2007, 09:44 AM
Lol..I just see you as like the best debater..a very intelligent poster..so I called you a Jesus 8D.

Um..Reks didn't die there and then, he died later on, because Vaan found out from him about Captain Basch, or so I have heard.

Wolf Kanno
03-15-2007, 10:09 AM
Lol..I just see you as like the best debater..a very intelligent poster..so I called you a Jesus 8D.

Um..Reks didn't die there and then, he died later on, because Vaan found out from him about Captain Basch, or so I have heard.

Oh I understand now. Well thank you. You people have me blushing now...

Also I know Reks doesn't die, but the player is lead to believe this until Vaan brings it up. We then get to see the creepy hospital scene where Reks vanishes... Still trying to figure out if that was literal or symbolic (my guess is symbolisim)

BlackWaltz
03-15-2007, 04:19 PM
wow love the begining part to story! Its like im playing it again lol!

So what was everything that happened next Wolf?

Renmiri
03-15-2007, 05:11 PM
Reks was left alive to tell everyone about Basch's treason, which, I speculate, broke his heart, and that is why Vaan hates him at first. No one would believe Vayne or the empire. They needed a witness. Being the one who had to disgrace his hero made him nutty, I speculate, and he died because he lost his will to live

Wolf Kanno
03-15-2007, 08:21 PM
After Captain Basch's betrayal and the death of King Raminas of Dalmasca, it was reported that Lady Ashe out of grief killed herself. Leaving Dalmasca with no one to lead. The Marquis Ondore (uncle of Lady Ashe) ruler of the Sky City Bhujerba, steps in as head of negotiations between Dalmasca and the Archadian Empire. Due to the recent tragedy, Dalmasca is forced to sign an "uncoditional surrender" to the empire.

Two Years later....

A young street urchin named Kytes explores the Garasmythe Waterways below Rabanastre (Capital city of Dalmasca) in search of someone named Vaan. The person in question is busy killing rats in the sewers. Honing his fighting skill and "cleaning up the vermin infested waterways". Kytes informs Vaan that Migelo wants to see him, but Vaan blows it off cause he knows the old Bangaa only wants him to run some trivial errand for him. Kytes tries to beg Vaan to go see him since Migelo is the only person in Rababnastre that truly helps the countless war orphans created during the war. That and he'll get in trouble as well for being a slacker like Vaan.

Vaan travels to the streets above in the bustling city of Rabanastre. The city is filled with war orphans and imperials. Dalmasca has been controlled by one Imperial overseer after another. In fact the city is getting prepared for the arrival of the new ruler sent from Archadia itself. Lord Vayne Solidor, the emperor's eldest living son. For this reason, Imperial soldiers are a bit more active than usual. They work tirelessly to put the city on a security lockdown in fear of a terrorist attack during the coronation ceremony.

Vaan spots two imperial soldiers giving a street merchant trouble. Vaan decides to take action and "relieves" them of their heavy coin purses. Of course they come to notice they had been pickpocketed and give chase but Vaan knows the city far better and quickly loses them. As he stands at the bridge feeling smug about giving the imperials hell. He runs into Penelo, another war orphan like Vaan, her family took Vaan in after the death of his brother two years ago. Unfortunately, her parents died from illness brought on by the war and soon the two came under the care of Migelo the merchant.

Penelo quickly scolds Vaan, though Vaan feels he's justified. Penelo sarcastically states Vaan's creed "The Imperials have robbed the people, so it's only fair that we take it back." something Vaan feels is the duty of all Dalmascans. During the conversation a huge airship flies overhead and Vaan looks up to it longingly(sp?), "One day, I'll fly an airship of my own. I'll be a sky pirate, free to go where I will."

Penelo tells Vaan he needs to visit Migelo and try to work a bit more honestly. She takes the gil purse he stole "to give back to the people" and tells him to stay out of trouble and check in with Migelo. Vaan grudgenly agree's and heads to Migelo's shop. Migelo is frantic cause he's been comissioned to supply the banquet for the Imperials. Unfortunately, his supplies didn't come in so he decided to get a second set of supplies from Tomaj the barkeep. He sent Kytes to get the supplies but he has yet to return. Since Vaan and Kytes are good friends, Migelo figured he could get Vaan to track him down and see that he completes his errand.

Vaan agree's and heads to the Sandsea (the name of Tomaj's bar). There he finds Kytes glossing over the Clan Notice Bulletin. A new mark had been had been posted, the Rogue Tomato. Tomaj interrupts and explains to them about the nasty creatures that roam the lands causing trouble. Most monsters keep to themselves unless threatened but a few tend attack people on purpose and generally make a nusance of themselves. Clans were created to hunt down these specific marks but anyone can take up the hunts. In fact the Rogue Tomato was posted by Tomaj cause it was the creature responsible for Migelo's original shipment to never come. Tomaj convinces Vaan to take the mark (which Vaan gladly accepts) and sends him outside of the city into the Estersand. He gives Vaan the Clan Primer (which allow him to do hunts) and the Writ of Transit which allows Vaan to get through the security checkpoint at the East Gate.

I'll try to post some more tonight... At least get you to the Nalbina Dungeon part of the story...

Garnie
03-15-2007, 10:08 PM
its ok
i still paly it but i will never be as good as VII was

Renmiri
03-15-2007, 10:33 PM
G.d what a memory WK!

Do you remember why Vossler left Basch and Reks in the Prologue ? We know he was on cahoots with Vayne, but what was his excuse ?
And why did Fran, Baltier and Vaan take Basch with them to Bhujerba ? They needed something from the resistence but I can't remember what... Papers ?

It is for my wiki, I'm writing a little short summary of each game chapter

BTW, if you didn't know, FFXII is a game divided in 10 chapters (Source: Chapters taken from Ultimania Scenario FFXII with subchapters numbered by me).

* 0 - Pre game - Rescue King Raminas before the worst happpens
o 0 - Nalbina Fortress

* Chapter 1 - Get to Royal Palace to get rich
o 1.1 - Rabanastre 1.2 Dalmasca Estersand 1.3 - Lowtown 1.4 - Giza Plains 1.5 - Garamsythe Waterways 1.6 - Royal Palace of Dalmasca

* Chapter 2 - Escape
o 2.1 - Nalbina Fortress 2.2 - The Barheim Passage

* Chapter 3 - Rescue
o 3.1 - Bhujerba 3.2 - Lhusu Mines 3.3 - Leviathan

* Chapter 4 - Get the Dawn Shard
o 4.1 - Ogir Yensa Sandsea 4.2 - Nam Yensa Sandsea 4.3 - The Tomb of Raythwall 4.4 - Leviathan

* Chapter 5 - Investigate Dawn Shard powers
o 5.1 - Ozmone Plains 5.2 - Jahara 5.3 - Golmore Jungle 5.4 - Eruyt Village 5.5 - Henne Mines 5.6 - Paramina Rift

* Chapter 6 - Obtain the Sword of Kings
o 6.1 - Mt. Bur-Omisace 6.2 - Stillshrine of Mirian

* Chapter 7 - The 3 Nethicite Shards
o 7.1 - Mosphoran Highwaste 7.2 - Salikawood 7.3 - Phon Coast 7.4 - Tchita Uplands 7.5 - Sochen Cave Palace 7.6 - Old Archades 7.7 - Archades 7.8 - Draklor Labs

* Chapter 8 What awaits at Giruvegan ?
o 8.1 - Balfonheim Port 8.2 - The Feywood 8.3 - Giruvegan

* Chapter 9 - The Sun Cryst
o 9.1 - Ridorana Cataracts 9.2 - Pharos Tower

* Chapter 10 - Conclusion
o 10 - Sky Fortress Bahamut

Wolf Kanno
03-16-2007, 08:13 AM
[quote=Renmiri;2128331]G.d what a memory WK!

Do you remember why Vossler left Basch and Reks in the Prologue ? We know he was on cahoots with Vayne, but what was his excuse ?
And why did Fran, Baltier and Vaan take Basch with them to Bhujerba ? They needed something from the resistence but I can't remember what... Papers ?

It is for my wiki, I'm writing a little short summary of each game chapter

Also, my memory isn't completely good. I've been referencing the Brady Games guide whnever I forget something. So I'm cheating a bit;)

I'm afraid I can't remember off the top of my head. I believe he was going to hold off the Archadians in another part of the fortress but I can't remember exactly... sorry.

For your other question...

I believe the party goes to Bhujerba to find the head of the resistance and learn the location of Lady Ashe. Balthier and Vaan are there to rescue Penelo though. Balthier does it cause he feels responsible for her being captured. Once again I'm not completely sure but I'm more sure of this one though...

Now where did I leave off...

Vaan searches the Estersand to fulfill his hunt that Tomaj posted. After wandering for a bit (and probably getting killed by the Saurion at least once)Vaan comes upon the Rogue Tomata and slays it. Afterwards he notices a set of flowers and picks them, they seem to hold some meaning to Vaan but what?

Vaan returns to the East Gate only to learn that the Imperials are not allowing anyone to get through until after the ceremony for the new Consul. Luckily Vaan spots Kytes on the other side and Kytes is able to get Migelo to come and "persuade" the guards to let Vaan pass in exchange for some wine.

Soon Rabanastre begrudgenly celebrates the arrival of the new Consul, Vayne Solidore. Vayne stops the ceremony half way through and begins to speak to the crowd. He tells them to stop acting like they are actually happy to see him and though they may have contempt for the empire, the empire is going to do everything to help Dalmasca be prosperous. His stirring speech wins over most of the crownd except for Vaan.

Vaan really gets upset when he witnesses Migelo trying to get chummy with Vayne but Penelo scolds Vaan. She explains that it's because Migelo bribes and acts friendly to the imperials that they soldiers don't give the citizen's a hard time. Vaan still insists that the people of Dalmasca should be revolting and fighting to win back their kingdom. He decides to crash the banquet at the royal palace that evening but he knows that Penelo and Migelo would both try to stop him so he seeks out another person to help him get in... Old Dalan.

Old Dalan is a mysterious man who lives in Lowtown. He seems like an senile old man who likes to entertain children with his stories of the world outside the city, but there is more than meets the eye. The man's stories and knowledge always ring true and he has many connections to important people throughout Ivalice. Dalan seems to encourage Vaan in his quest to fight the imperials as he doesn't have much fondness for them either.

Vaan asks Dalan if there is a way to get into the castle undetected, especially the treasure room. Vaan hopes to liberate Dalmasca's treasure before the Imperials get to it. Dalan tells Vaan that there is a way in and that there is a secret to get into the Royal Treasure room. It requires a special stone that Old Dalan happens to have, but the stone has lost it's power and needs a sunstone to work again. Only the nomads on the Giza Plains know how to make them. Vaan heads out to the Giza Plains.

Once reaching the Nomad village. Vaan meets with the elder of the village. She leads him to a woman who is in charge of gathering Sunstones but she is very distraught cause one of the children who helps her make the sunstones has gone missing. She doesn't have any shadestone which is required to make sunstones but the missing child should have some. Vaan then finds Penelo playing with a group of children. Penelo is finishing up an errand for Migelo and decides upon seeing Vaan, that she needs to stick around to make sure he doesn't get into any trouble.

The two eventually find the child who had twisted his ankle while running from monsters. He hasn't finished making his sunstones yet and talks Vaan and Penelo into helping him. Afterwards, they return to the village, where the boys return makes the nomads ever grateful. They give Vaan and Penelo the sunstone as a thank you gift and the two head back to Rabanastre. The two part as Penelo goes off to watch Migelo's shop. Vaan gives Old Dalan the sunstone and Dalan hands over his stone to get into the Royal Chamber. He tells Vaan how to enter the palace through the Garasmythe Waterway.

As Vaan stumbles around in the waterway, the palace is in full celebration. Of course no one notices the two party crashers sneaking in on a hover bike...

I'm sorry, I'm getting pretty tired so I won't be able to get as far as I wanted.

Setzer Gabianni
03-16-2007, 09:40 AM
its ok
i still paly it but i will never be as good as VII was

You think that deary.

Renmiri..what does cahoots mean? D:

Yuriev's ghost
03-16-2007, 09:57 AM
Allied with.

Setzer Gabianni
03-16-2007, 10:08 AM
Bah, I highly doubt at that point he was allied with Vayne. -.-

Renmiri
03-16-2007, 03:55 PM
Yeah but it was mighty suspicious for him to be AWOL on that particular moment. Just what was he doing ?

Yuriev's ghost
03-16-2007, 03:57 PM
Hero stuff. Not even I'm pedantic enough to need an explanation for that.

Renmiri
03-16-2007, 04:29 PM
You obviously never wrote fan fiction ;)

xtrava
03-16-2007, 04:55 PM
Luke Skywalker eventually turns evil!

Renmiri
03-16-2007, 08:21 PM
No, that was his dad!

BlackWaltz
03-17-2007, 03:05 PM
:D Nice description.

Im a lil further now so you may aswell do the whole story!

Obv i will only read up to where i am to not spoil the story!

Keep up the good work wolf! ;)

Wolf Kanno
03-18-2007, 10:04 AM
While traversing the waterways, Vaan is unaware of another group moving in as well. Apparently the Dalmascan Resistance has decided to crash the party as well. Vossler, former Captain of the Order of the Knights of Dalmasca and Lady Ashe, Daughter of the Late King Raminas and rightful heir to the throne of Dalmasca, are leading a unit of soldiers to try and ambush the Imperials and their new Consul. Vossler has a bad feeling and tries to get Lady Ashe to stay behind and let him and the other soldiers take care of the recapture of the Royal Palace. Lady Ashe refuses, and states she wishes to fight as well to reclaim the Dalmasca that was taken from her two years ago. Vossler caves in and lets her stay to his personal dismay.

After wandering through the Garasmythe Waterway for what seems like forever, Vaan finally finds the underground entrance to the Royal Palace. He finds the palace servants scurrying about trying to keep up with the extravegant feast being held above. Unfortunatly for him, the imperial guards are also standing watch to make sure no one tries to crash the party. Vaan quickly mingles with the servants since many of them are only temps hired by the Palace to help in the feast.

As Vaan tries to get to the main part of the palace he gets stopped by the guards who inform him that the help can't enter until after the celebration is over. A hungry and sympathizing Seeq notices the confrontation and mistakes Vaan for being hungry rather than a thief. The Seeq starts an argument with the soldiers which allows Vaan to sneak by unnoticed.

Vaan wanders about the halls of the palace and eluding Imperial soldiers as he tries to solve the secret to open up the Royal families treasure room. Thanks to Old Dalan's information Vaan finds it with no serious problems. As he scans the treasure room he comes upon a statue of a goddess and finds it hides a fabulous and expensive looking stone. Before he can appreciate his find, he is interrupted by the arrival of "guests". The infamous Sky Pirate Balthier and his Viera partner Fran have also sneaked into the Royal Palace to plunder it of the Royal Families secret treasure... the one that happens to be in Vaan's hands now. Balthier and Vaan get into an argument over ownership of the stone. Vaan refuses to hand the stone over and before Balthier and Fran get the chance to "persuade" him; Imperial soldiers burst into the scene. The trio decides to make a hasty retreat. While they were bickering, all hell has broken loose because of the resistance fighters.

Balthier, Fran, and Vaan battle and run through the palace which has become a war zone. Fran leaves while Balthier and Vaan run throough the battle, both still fighting over the royal treasure. Vayne watches the rebels try to fight their way in and decides a "show of force" is necessary. He orders the Ifrit to fire upon the soldiers in the palace courtyard. Vaan nearly gets killed when the Ifrit's cannon destroys the foundation to the archway he was walking on. He is saved at the last moment by Balthier and Fran, sporting their hover bike they used to get in. But the weight of the three bodies slows it down and makes it start falling to the ground. Mysteriously, the engine begins to fail on them and the three are forced to make a landing. Balthier notices the Ifrit is coming over head and firing indescriminately. He decides the group needs to make an escape on foot to the underground waterway.

The three make an uneasy alliance as they decide to fight together in order to escape. The group notices the bodies of fallen resistance fighters. Balthier speculates that Vayne had used himself and the celebration as a means to draw out the rebels and crush them. Hence the Ifrit being there so quickly...

The three traverse their way through the waterway until they spot a Lady Ashe fighting four Imperial soldiers on a ledge above them. It's quickly apparent she will lose the battle as she is forced to retreat to the edge. Vaan shouts to her, telling her to jump. She reluctantly accepts and Vaan catches her in his arms. The four soldiers dive down as well and the group fight them off. After the battle, Lady Ashe takes advantage of the group not being able to recognize her and introduces herself as Amalia. The royal treasure that Vaan carries glows and Balthier gets a rather bad feeling and wishes to leave quickly. Vaan convines Amalia to join them. She reluctantly accepts once again and now our trio is a quartet. The group fight their way through the nasties of the waterway, including an ambush from a group of hungry Flans and the appearance of a vengeful spirit in the form of Firemane.

Just as the group reaches the large chamber leading to the surface, they are ambushed by the imperial army under Lord Vayne. The group is captured and it's revealed to Vaan and the others that "Amalia" is actually Lady Ashe. Lady Ashe pleads for the safety of the others but Vayne quickly notices the infamous sky pirates. Vaan unfortunately is accused of being an accomplice and is arrested as well. As the group is being led out out of the waterway, Penelo arrives to find Vaan. She tries to run to him but is stopped by Balthier, who hands her his handkerchief, he tells her to hold onto it "...just until I bring Vaan back." As the group is hauled off, an unsavory Bangaa bounty hunter yelling about losing his chance to capture Balthier.

The scene opens with Vaan entering a white room. He carries with him flowers similiar to the ones he found in the desert during his Mark Hunt. Vaan is visiting his brother Reks, who had survived the battle at the Nabudis Fortress. He alone was able to tell the story of Captain Basche's treachery. His mind and body broken from the ordeal, Vaan watches as his brother dies and vanishes...

That will be all for tonight...

Renmiri
03-19-2007, 05:09 AM
Great work WK! :D

Wolf Kanno
03-19-2007, 08:46 AM
I'm going to post an update every few days (hopefully every other) since I do have a few other things to work on. But while I'm doing this project, are there any more requests? Character analysis? Commentary? What ever nonsense comes to mind?...

I'll keep chugging along but remember I'm not allowed to W-Post.

Renmiri
03-19-2007, 03:41 PM
So my post was handy ?

Wee! :D

BlackWaltz
03-22-2007, 09:07 PM
i still need to know really happened wolf! please continue! :p

Wolf Kanno
03-26-2007, 09:37 AM
Sorry for the absence. I have alot going on in my personal life right now and I'm afraid this may be my last post for awhile.:cry: I hope someone picks up the mantle and continues this though (*hint* :shifty: Setzer and Renmiri *hint*)

Anyway...

Vaan awakens to find himself in a dilapitaded fortress. Balthier is with him and explains that they are in infamous Nalbina Dundeon. Though it's not really a dungeon, it's just the basement of the Nalbina fortress sealed off and used as a prison. But this of course does not change the urgency of the situation. Balthier mentions that Fran has gone ahead to search for a way out and that he should not gain the attention of the dungeons wardens, since their equipment has been confiscated.

Vaan wanders about and witnesses the deplorable conditions of the dungeon. Bodies of former inmates litter the place and when Vaan watches a Bangaa be brutally beaten by the Seeq guards he tries to step in. Next thing Vaan knows, he's in a poor makeshift arena, unarmed and going against three Seeqs armed with clubs. Things are looking grim until Balthier jumps in to save Vaan. The two duke it out with the Seeq and are able to actually beat them. Before they are able to celebrate their victory the imperial guard show up with the unsavory bounty hunter from before. Balthier recognizes him as Ba'Gamnan, a ruthless hunter that has been pursuing him for years. Ba'Gamnan has pulled some strings to get a hold of Balthier so he can turn in the bounty.

Luckily, Fran appears on the scene with a way to escape unnoticed though it ends with a magic door she can't open; but before they leave they notice the entrance of another visitor. The Archadian Judgemaster Gabranth. Balthier recognizes him instantly. Vaan asks about the Judges and Balthier elaborates on the Judges keeping order in the Archadian Empire though they are more "executioner" than "judge" these days. Balthier feels the group should use the escape route and follow the Judge.

After a slight detour to grab their equipment, the group sneaks around the fortress dodging imperial soldiers. The group quietly follows the Judges party and see's them open the magic door for them. Following them through they come upon an isolation chamber for solitary confinement of prisoners. The cell hold only one prisoner tied in chains within a cage... former Captain of the Order of the Knights of Dalmasca, Basch Fon Ronsenburg. The man who killed the king and betrayed Dalmasca as well as killing Vaan's brother Reks. Balthier quiets Vaan so they may listen in on the conversation. The Judge removes his helmet to reveal that he shares the same face as Basch. Gabranth asks Basch how he is doing and mentions his connection to Basch. The two are brothers, in fact identical twins. Gabranth tells Basch that "Amalia" has been captured and will be brought from Rabanastre shortly. . After taunting him for awhile, Gabranth leaves Basch.

Balthier and company enter the scene. Vaan quickly attacks the cage Basch is in, screaming about his brother Reks. Balthier calms him down and calls Basch the "Kingslayer". Basch strongly denies the accusation and says he was set up by the empire. Fran feels the presence of the "Mist", she specualtes that if they follow the mist they will be able to find an exit out of their. The group free's Basch and Balthier invites him to join the party. "We could use another sword-arm." he says. Vaan is furious and argues about letting him go but Balthier is able to convince him otherwise. The group follow the mist to the Barheim Passage...

In the passage they meet Burrogh, another prisoner of Nalbina who tried to escape this way before. He gave up though cause the creatures that roam the passage are fierce and lethal. Burrogh seels the party some Tube Fuse which allows them to open the gate into the old tunnels. Here they encounter insect like machines that feed on electricity. As the power goes out the spirits of the dead begin to rise due to the influence of the mist. The group scrambles to kill the insects before they are overun by undead. The group battles it out through the tunnels. Eventually they decide to rest, Basch plunders a corpse for it's armor and weapons, while he explains what really happened two years ago.

Basch explains that his twin brother, Gabranth, disguised himself as him and murdered the king. He then framed Basch who was captured during the battle in the royal chamber. Reks was left alive to tell the tale of Basch's "betrayal" though it was Gabranth who stabbed Reks. Balthier feels the story seems logical but Vaan is not as satisfied and still distrusts Basch. The group moves on and finally meets the source of the insect issue... the Mimic Queen. After quickly dispatching it, the group finally makes it outside into the Dalmsca Estersand.

The group trecks back to Rabanastre. Upon arrival, the group splits up. Basch thanks the group and decides to find the resistance group stationed in the city. Baltheir and Fran feel the whole heist was a bust and decide to seek some entertainment before leaving the city. Balthier warns Vaan to keep a low profile. Vaan decides he needs to sell the royal treasure but feels he should show it to Penelo first.

Vaan heads to Migelo's shop but only meets Kytes when he gets there. Kytes mentions that Penelo hasn't been around in awhile and that Migelo just stepped out. Vaan figures she's off worried somewhere and now needs to find her and apologize. Kytes mentions that Old Dalan has an errand he wanted someone to run for him. Vaan decides to volunteer cause he doesn't want to feel the wrath of Penelo just yet. Old Daln is surprised to see Vaan but is happy to see he is safe. Vaan shows him the reward for all his work, Old Dalan unfortunately can't unload it from Vaan at this time and tells him to keep it safe. Dalan gives Vaan a Sword of the Order and tells him to deliver it to a man named Azelas. He tells him a man named Balzac should know where he is. Before leaving, Vaan asks Daln to help him locate Penelo so he can apologize to her.

Vaan brings the sword to Balzac, who reveals to Vaan the entrance to the Dalmascan Resistance. Vaan walks into the middle of an argument between the resistance members. Apparently a recent arrival has stirred a bit of controversy. The group is arguing about the arrival of Basch. Vossler tries to explain to them about Basch's loyalty and the conspiracy with his twin brother, but the other members refuse to listen. Basch appears on the scene cleaned and wearing new clothes. He asks the others to trust him but they throw him out. Vossler apologizes to Basch, but even Vossler mentions his inability to completely believe Basch's story. Basch recieves the sword that Vaan brought and Vossler tells him it's better to leave the princess' rescue to the resistance. Vaan is annoyed with the resistance, his time in the Barheim Passage has made him see that Basch is not really the villain. Basch decides he needs to find Balthier and acquire "wings". Vaan agree's to help and the two head to the Sandsea.

There they come upon Balthier being chewed out by Migelo. Migelo gives Balthier a note from Ba'Gamnan that tells Balthier to meet him in Bhujerba if he wanted to see the hostage alive again. Migelo yells at Balthier, cause his little "scene" with Penelo at the groups capture made her a target for the bounty hunter. Balthier is concerned about a rescue cause the Imperial army is amassing at the sky city of Bhujerba. Vaan argues that they need to rescue Penelo and Balthier agree's cause it was his fault she got captured. Besides it's "unbecoming for a leading man to not rescue the damsel in distress". Basch asks to go as well as he has some contacts in Bhujerba he wishes to speak to. The group leave for the Aerodrome where they come upon Balthier's airship the Strahl. A moogle crew finishes maitenience as Vaan gapes in awe of the first airship he has ever been on. Balthier promises to show him more of the ship laterand the group heads for Bhujerba...

Hazzard
03-26-2007, 11:26 AM
JESUS...W.K's posts are so detailed!!!

BlackWaltz
03-26-2007, 06:15 PM
i know! cheers wolf! is their anyone else that can continue on wolf's legacy? :p

Hazzard
03-26-2007, 06:48 PM
...Me!

BlackWaltz
03-28-2007, 07:54 PM
Okay cool Hazzard! continue! :D

Renmiri
03-30-2007, 02:09 AM
Sorry for the absence. I have alot going on in my personal life right now and I'm afraid this may be my last post for awhile.:cry: I hope someone picks up the mantle and continues this though (*hint* :shifty: Setzer and Renmiri *hint*)

Sure thing WK!

BlackWaltz
04-01-2007, 12:26 PM
renmiri can you do me a favour and explain the story from bujherba to Stillshrine of miriam. I am have just got there and the last load of the story has really lost me! its so in depth! Can someone please explain!

Thanks

p.s i love this game!! :D

Setzer Gabianni
04-01-2007, 01:00 PM
I would explain, but I confuse myself a lot. Glad you're enjoying this tho <3

Hazzard
04-01-2007, 02:32 PM
Alright, I'll give it out rough and considering I'm not at that age to explain things that thoroughly and in depth, it might not be as simple as you expect.

They went to Bhujerba, because if you recall to the past events of when they had got captured and thrown into prison by the Imperials. They had to escape from Rabanastre, considering that it was not a safe place to reside in, because they had just made their sneaky get away from the Barheim passage and if they were seen in town--they would surely be thrown back into prison.

Bhujerba was a neutral town, and was far away from all the troublesome events happening down in East Ivalice. It was always kept distant and is found in the skies, towering upon the seas. Bhujerba would of been the best bet for Lady Ashe and the others to lay low in, and make plans for a course of action. Marquis Ondore was also there, and goverened the city. He was also Lady Ashe's Uncle and provided hospitality for her and her friends.

But the main reason they were there was because they needed to rescue Penelo, who had been hold captive by the Bounty hunters that despised Balthier and wanted to do an exchange deal. Or something of that sort for the girl they had captured, because they thought she was somehow linked to him. Balthier being the most dashing, and arrogant man that he is--decides to help Vaan and fly to Bhujerba on the Strahl to rescue Penelo.

They also wanted to proclaim that Basch Von Rosenburg was at large, and that he was back on the scene to fight for Dalmasca yet again--but they needed to get the attention of Marquis Ondore, but not risk Basch getting in trouble himself. So they set upon a trick, and thus leading Vaan to impersonate Basch and spread word of Basch to all Bhujerbans.

Hope that helped, and i tried my best!

Renmiri
04-01-2007, 03:24 PM
After they rescue Penelo at the mines they learn that their companion "Lamont" is in fact Larsa Solidor, the younger brother of Vayne Solidor. Vayne, if you remember, was the Archades Royal consul for Dalmasca and first in line for the Archadian throne. That makes Larsa second in line for the throne and a very important and powerful kid. Good thing because our heroes almost get arrested again but Larsa intervenes and they are left alone. Unfortunately, trying to protect her from the Imperial Guards, Larsa takes Penelo with him to Bhujerba's consul palace. The Bhujerba consul is none other than Marquis Ondorre, Ashe's uncle and the narrator of the events of 2 years ago, at the beginning.

Left with no Penelo and no Ashe, our team is back to square 1 and has to find a way to get to Penelo in the consul's palace. They come up with a plan to get invited there: Since the Marquis had lied that Basch was dead, two years ago, they decide that Vaan will go around telling everyone that he is Basch and that Basch is alive. They hope that the Marquis spies will eventually hear about it and bring them to the palace to shut Vaan up.

The plan works and they finally get invited to the palace and talk to Penelo. Unfortunately the Marquis double crosses them and our team gets captured again and taken to the Imperial battleship Leviathan. Larsa is unable to help this time but he leaves a piece of a strange crystal he has been interested in with Penelo. Being taken to the Leviathan proves lucky for Basch because he wanted to rescue princess Ashe and she is being kept there.

Han, Luke, Chewie, R2 and C3PO Balthier, Vaan, Fran, Basch and Penelo ;) cross the huge ship and rescue the princess, battling imperial troops all the way. They leave the Leviathan after a battle with Judge Ghis, who uses some strong magick against them but Larsa's mysteryous crystal sees to completely nullify the attack and they manage to escape.

Back in Bhujerba the group goes back to the Palace, and Ashe asks her uncle about the events of two years ago. Ondorre tells Ashe that he had told everyone she was dead at the request of Vayne Solidor. He now regrets saying it, as it drove a wedge between him and Ashe. "Not at all" says Ashe, and asks her uncle for help to reclaim her throne.

Ondorre points out that she has no proof that she is a princess, since the imperials took the Dusk Shard from her, the proof of her royal blood. Ashe still wants to try but her uncle won't hear of it. He tells her to stay put on the palace while he takes care of things.

Not one to let fate carry her, Ashe tries to steal Balthier's ship and leave but is discovered. She then asks Balthier to "kidnap" her and take her away from the palace. In reality she wants his help to go find another proof of her birthright, the Dawn Shard, being kept among the treasures of King Raithwall. Balthier agrees. Not wanting t be left behind, Vaan and Penelo join Basch, Fran, Balthier and Ashe on this quest to find the Tomb where Raithwall and his treasures are buried.

more later..