PDA

View Full Version : Elemental Fear

Hazzard
03-12-2007, 11:33 PM
:(

I suffer from this. I hate when they show up. Why? Because it messes up my party and makes me have to waste my MP on quicknings. How do you feel about this nasty little buggers? Do they really get under your toes???:mad2:

BlackWaltz
03-12-2007, 11:45 PM
every time i see one i :skull::skull::skull::skull: myself and run, thats why i love them, i fear them!

Nominus Experse
03-12-2007, 11:46 PM
They give a lovely amount of Exp. and LP; thus, I love them madly

Garnie
03-12-2007, 11:54 PM
*GARNIE FLEEING
RUN AWAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

Madonna
03-13-2007, 12:13 AM
If you are not into pissing off Elementals and Entites, refrain from casting any magick around them. If they sense Mist, they start looking for blood.

I enjoy hacking up an Entite or two in search of rare drops.

Diango12
03-13-2007, 12:18 AM
Pfft after you get far enough in the game they just become a nuiscence

rubah
03-13-2007, 01:11 AM
R2 is a marvelous button until you get to a Level.

PuPu
03-13-2007, 01:21 AM
They really are a problem in the beginning of the game, when usually the thing that causes them to attack you is usually when your party does:

1. Using magick around a group of enemies when an elemental *conveniently* shows up.

2. A gambit using something such as Cure when a party member is at low health when one happens to be around.

3. Gambits such as Ally:Any > Protect that your party accidentally uses when you are walking by an elemental.

These were usually what happened to me when I got them angry at me.
Elementals are somewhat of a nuisance and potentially dangerous to me, but I could usually just use the magick element that they are weak against or string some Quickenings. Now Entites are the problem for me, since their attacks are MUCH more powerful than that of elementals; for example, while a Storm Elemental can cast Silence and Thundara, a Mardu Entite can use Silencega and Thundaga. They also have much more HP as well, so much that I can't kill them even with good strings of Quickenings from both my parties.

A word of advice to those who are not easily able to beat them:

Use R2, go into "fleeing" mode and RUN when you see them, just to be 100% sure you don't end up accidentally using magick against them due to either other enemies or gambits.

xtrava
03-13-2007, 02:07 AM
Haha yeah, I used to feel the same...I never fought them ever. I do now though, havnt found one thats very difficult anymore, but 20 levels ago I'd always flee :D

look_out_below
03-13-2007, 03:08 AM
I can fight most of them now the only one i have not tried fighting against recently is the Salamender one in Yensa Sandsea. Those ones annoyed me greatly when i was first trying to get across that area with their firaga cast. Its like "Wow look at the minature sun coming towards me. I bet i can get some cool loot off it. BLAST. GAME OVER.......stupid sun."

Ko Ko
03-13-2007, 03:30 AM
I ALSO SUFFER FROM THIS.

I never fight elementals!! TOO SCARY.

Shiva_
03-13-2007, 09:25 AM
I had an Undin Entite that literally OWNED me one time. It was in a ringed section of the Pharos Tower. It was right after I had fought a boss, next door to the section where I fought him.

The strange thing about this Entite was that it was aggressive/hostile to begin with. I DID NOT use magic around it nor did I do anything to provoke it. It simply started messing with me as soon as I saw it (bar was red). First thing it did was cast Sleepga at everyone, and this put all of my guys to sleep. Then it spammed Waterga until everybody was dead. I had no time to flee as soon as it started using Sleepga.

When my active party died, I switched my reserves in, and the Entite continued its Waterga spamming. This killed two of my other guys, and Ashe was the only one left alive. I luckily flee'ed away from it with her. I managed to flee all the way back to the save crystal I had saved at before the boss.

All of the other Entites and Elementals have only attacked me if I used magic around them. One exception was Vagrant Soul, but he's a rare game.

Remedy
03-13-2007, 10:19 AM
well, don't cast magic around elements.
don't heal your party when you're near an element even if U were hit by other monsters.
unfair isn't it !

Formalhaut
03-13-2007, 02:58 PM
Luckly, I am not at that stage in the game where they show up. BUT I am SH**ING my self though.

ValiantKnight
03-13-2007, 03:01 PM
I kill elementals soon as I can... after the tomb usually.
Entites are another story, pumping out 2000+ damage in the form of thundaga, plus using sleepga and silencega, both of which I don't have a defense against at the moment. I can easily kill elementals, but Entites are a 20/80 split.. 20% chance i'll kill them, 80% chance im dead.

kurosaki_ichigo
03-29-2007, 09:46 PM
I used to be scared of elemntals and entites as well but then i levelled up and got my revenge. Haste, beserved and bravery vaan at level 86 with tournesol and destroyed that elemental muahah! Revenge is sweet

Melodies_of_life
03-29-2007, 10:19 PM
I used to run away from all the elementals, but now I am at a higher level and I'll fight the smaller ones.... I still haven't gotten the nerve to fight the really big ones yet though..... but when I get more levels I'll give it a wack...

Renmiri
03-30-2007, 02:39 AM
Elementals are very easy: Use Reflect and they can't damage you. Entites are an entire different story though

Shiva_
04-02-2007, 04:57 AM
If you see one, always turn gambits OFF so a spell won't get cast at all. Your buffs are often automatically recast while you're walking and not fighting, and you don't want this to happen if you see an Elemental or Entite.

If you end up making one hostile, equip everyone with Nishijin Belts right away as they protect from sleep. Then, flee.

With those Entites, Sleepga is what will really get you in trouble as Entites use only magic, and attack magic doesn't wake up your characters (the only time where you may get woken up is if surrounding mobs physically attack you, but don't count on that). Entites, Elementals, and other magical creatures often ignore magic evade so their status spells will always hit at a 100% rate unless you have an accessory that makes you IMMUNE to a given one.
Silencega isn't as bad because you are still mobile, and once you're in another section and out of the Entite's sight, you can then take care of the silence status with something like Self > Echo Herb gambits and/or Esuna.

If you want to try to take on Entites at lower levels (e.g. for purposes of farming for Feystones and stealing Halcyons for ingredients for certain powerful weapons, filling bestiary, etc):
1) Make sure everybody has Nishijin Belts on. This makes it so his Sleepga doesn't effect you.
2) Keep Bubble up on everybody at all times using the Bubble spell.
3) Have Self > Echo Herb gambits to get rid of silence status quickly anytime he uses his Silencega spell.
4) Be prepared to use Charge anytime he uses Fear (this drains your MP). Depending on where you are in the game, you may have a Self: MP<10% gambit you can use for Charge. If you don't have this yet, just use Charge manually. 5) Keep everyone Shell'ed to reduce damage from his elemental magic attacks. The Shell Shield can be useful for an ally as it gives Auto-Shell.
6) Most importantly, know how to defend against elemental attacks by using the proper armor/helmet/shield/accessory to resist/immunize against a given element or to absorb damage from it.