PDA

View Full Version : I hate this game...

Light Mage
03-13-2007, 04:24 AM
I hate this game... it consumes my life!

It's too addictive. I can't stop playing, even when I manage to tear myself away for a few days, it summons me back and I get engrossed again.

Still, I wish the music was a little more catchy and memorable, I've only recently realised how important music is to making a game truly great!

"Zelda: A Link to the Past" had it, "Secret of Mana" had it, and so did "Final Fantasy VII"... ah well.

Does anyone else think the music isn't as good as it could/should have been?

Garnie
03-13-2007, 04:33 AM
well i got to admit. its not the best ff. but it does drag you back for more. the music i think is quite catchy my favs are as follows
lowtown music
giza village/estersand post
ozmone plains

nice music no?

Light Mage
03-13-2007, 04:43 AM
Oh yeah, the music in Lowtown always gets me dancing in my chair! :D

Garnie
03-13-2007, 04:45 AM
do be do be do do......
meh i cant hum in writing
DAMN YOU MOZART!!

Lynx
03-13-2007, 04:56 AM
the empires theme sounds cool. its one of my favorite songs in all of final fantasy.

music is very important to a game in my opinion. thats one thing i liked about ffvii the music fit it perfectly.

Gabranth
03-13-2007, 06:27 AM
i like the westersand music. and the empire's theme isn't that bad either.

Setzer Gabianni
03-13-2007, 07:28 AM
Dalmasca Estersand
Empire's Theme
Challenging the Empire
Bhujerba
Jahara, Land of the Garif
Boss Battle
Clash on the Bridge
Sorrow (Imperial and The Resistance version)

some of the greatest songs

LunarWeaver
03-13-2007, 07:59 AM
I praise it for giving me Esper Battle. I'm also oddly addicted to Boss Battle, but only the soundtrack's version. I swear to the Great Jubbah they are different. The game loops out this nice booming part. Or I'm a crazyman and imagining things. It's one of those two, just pick one.

Shiva_
03-13-2007, 10:00 AM
It was really addictive for a while there. I was spending many hours per day playing it (up to 8 at times). However, I've been able to moderate the amount of time I spend on it, and I now only play it every few days, few hours or so each time I play it.

My favorites:

Pharos - 1st
Pharos - 2nd
Pharos - 3rd (also Clash of Swords)
Boss Battle
Nabreus Deadlands
Salikawood
Battle For Freedom
The Feywood
Paramina (sp?) Rift
Ozmone Plain
Giza Plains
Eruyt Village
Stillshrine
Sochen Cave Palace
The Mosphoran Highwaste
Archades
Cerobi Steppe
Crystal Grande
Nalbina Dungeon
Nalbina Town
Barheim Passage
Lowtown
Infiltration
Estersand
Westersand

I think the Final Fantasy XII soundtrack is one of the best since Final Fantasy VI. Final Fantasy IX is the other.

Setzer Gabianni
03-13-2007, 10:16 AM
<3 I love you.

Does one like Upheavel at all? Or Rabanastre? :D

Yuriev's ghost
03-13-2007, 10:35 AM
The music in the game is alright, but unlike pretty much every other FF game I couldn't call a single track to mind after playing it. The only exception was the symphonic poem "Hope", which was fairly memorable.

Icerose2300
03-15-2007, 04:01 AM
The Music is like the music of FF VI, Minus lowtown. I don't know about Lowtown's music I kinda don't like it.

Renmiri
03-15-2007, 04:47 PM
Lowtown has bossa nova beat to it :D Annoying to me cause I grew up in Brazil and that is all the old people listen there. But kinda reminds me of home...

Paramina rift is good. Balfonheim Port's is good too, but too short.

The rest is just too bland to me. I put it on mute and fire up the stereo :love:

No.78
03-15-2007, 07:34 PM
Salikawood :O