PDA

View Full Version : Cloud moving to ps3?

Garnie
03-13-2007, 01:27 PM
hey guys! just a quick question.couple of weeks ago i saw a awsome tech demo for the ps3 which was a remake of the begining for final fantasy VII. do you lot recon that square might actully do it!

check out the vid heres the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNcYgnQpN0k

Raebus
03-13-2007, 01:31 PM
Now, instead of answering with a long rambling sentence that'll most likely be ignored by most die hard fans who want a remake on the ps3, I'm going to bang my head against the desk and the amount of times I bash my head in and the amount of blood that comes the said bashing head in = The amount of times I say "no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no".

Their won't be a remake, not yet.

Garnie
03-13-2007, 01:34 PM
but their could be though. that was my question.

Raebus
03-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Well, okay. Of course their'll be a remake when money is involved and by then I'll have completely lost respect for the company that brought me such memorable times. Greed > Everything else.

crono_logical
03-13-2007, 01:40 PM
Cloud might well end up as a cameo character in some random PS3 game though :p

Riana
03-13-2007, 01:42 PM
I remember seeing this from someone's journal.

I suppose the thought of a remake has crossed their minds countless times. I mean along came Advent Children and Last Order, Core Crisis etc etc. It really wouldn't surprise me if they did a remake cuz maybe many fans have demanded it.

Ever since the evolution of the PS2 & PS3, my guess is fans want a better version of FFVII to play. Look how they developed a version of FFVI for PS1 and now they've done another for the Gameboy/DS. They put FFIII on DS too.
Graphics on FFVII weren't too fantastic around the time of the PS1, maybe they put this into consideration.

I just hope it doesn't affect the story or the gameplay, or anything else that made this title one of my favourites. :(

Raebus
03-13-2007, 01:42 PM
Hopefully he'll be the cameo character who dies horribly then, or raped, they both sound so promising. - Crono.

Why I think a remake of ff7 would be pointless:

It'll still be the same game and it will still use the same outdated battle system because fans don't like change, they'll get into a hissy fit if something gets altered.

Crossblades
03-13-2007, 03:12 PM
SE has already said that there is no remake planned

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=85401

Elly
03-13-2007, 03:43 PM
mein god that video is like almost 2 years old and way back then S-E said no it is only a lil movie to show off the graphics of the PS3, that they would not invest the money on re-making the game from the ground up while the original is still available on store shelves, so when no more coppies are available then you can get your hopes up but untill then it's an emphatic NO from S-E...

Sain Cai
03-13-2007, 06:01 PM
Maybe they will make a FFVII-2 for PS3, with Tifa, Yuffie, and Marlene:rolleyes2

Northcrest
03-13-2007, 06:11 PM
I've heard so many threads like this but sadly no they are not going to do a remake of FFVII for the PS3 unless out of nowhere someone can poof up a little mula for the reincarnation of Final Fantasy VII. Plus this forum would be packed with questions about the FFVII remake if there was going to be one.

Zora
03-14-2007, 04:34 AM
They did this with FFVI for the DS, and there was no FFVI for the DS (but the GBA). It is nothing but Square literally giving a demostration of the PS3. :p

Aerisfanatic
03-14-2007, 04:06 PM
dont worry they will remake it look at the nes,snes ff games that there remaking and it seems that there working there way up, if there gonna reamke those games chances are that there gonna remake their most popular game ff7, but they said if they do its gonna be a while cause they have other projects on the go

Ryushikaze
03-14-2007, 05:07 PM
And think about the difference between the level of effort in remaking an NES or SNES game for GBA, and the effort involved in taking FF7 and making it look as good as the promo tape all over.

The Crystal
03-14-2007, 06:41 PM
SE said that if they decide to remake FFVII, it will take 5 years to do it. And in an interview, Kitase(i think) said that if they remake it, SE want Nomura to be the director, or something like that. These informations are examples that SE is thinking about it. If they aren't interseted in remaking FFVII, why they would waste their time thinking in an estimate of how many years they would need to do it? And why they would talk about Nomura as a director?
SE is interested in a remake. They just don't have time in the moment, because of other projects(FFVII:CC, FFVII:ACC, FFXIII Fabula Nova Crystalis, etc). When these projects are over, they will probably do it.

Melodies_of_life
03-14-2007, 07:39 PM
If they are even thinking about remaking it why didn't they start thinking about it years ago so they could have released it when the ps3 came out?

Comet
03-14-2007, 08:17 PM
Is it me, or did I see this video like 6 months ago?

Garnie
03-14-2007, 08:48 PM
yeah probablly. iv been uner a rock for like mounths. FFVII wouldent be at total loss if it was remade i think. sure the game would be the same but look at it this way. who wouldent buy it most of us would!

f f freak
03-14-2007, 09:07 PM
I personally didn't like that video. Heck they've already changed most of it. So no. I wouldn't like a remake. Unless it was portable.

Garnie
03-14-2007, 09:08 PM
they only changed the stars and cloud bit. it twas only ze demo!

jammi567
03-14-2007, 09:09 PM
If they are even thinking about remaking it why didn't they start thinking about it years ago so they could have released it when the ps3 came out?
actually, the ps3 isn't out everywhere, so that would be unfair to other people who haven't had the chance to get one yet

Garnie
03-14-2007, 09:14 PM
i guess thats a point but it would help sony to shift a few more ps3's if it did. id buy one for any ff game that comes out( as long as it wasnt as bad as XII)
.. but i still play it though!

f f freak
03-14-2007, 09:15 PM
they only changed the stars and cloud bit. it twas only ze demo!

They also didn't give you the close up of Aeris. I didn't like it. I don't like Aeris either but she still deserves the close-up. It's not AC for frigs sake.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
03-15-2007, 02:55 AM
I liked the way they showed her in the demo. Fell in love with her all over again. And what they did was just skip everyone else getting off, but what Cloud did was pretty accurate.

Considering FFI-VI have been remade, we'll see about FFVII. Square-Enix said they were working on other stuff instead, so I'm not worried about it right now, but yeah a few years down the line, who knows? Hopefully they don't do it instead of FFXIV, though. (Yikes, FFXIV, that's a scary thought since that's so far in the future.)

Zora
03-15-2007, 03:25 AM
I liked the way they showed her in the demo. Fell in love with her all over again. And what they did was just skip everyone else getting off, but what Cloud did was pretty accurate.

Considering FFI-VI have been remade, we'll see about FFVII. Square-Enix said they were working on other stuff instead, so I'm not worried about it right now, but yeah a few years down the line, who knows? Hopefully they don't do it instead of FFXIV, though. (Yikes, FFXIV, that's a scary thought since that's so far in the future.)

Well in the far future FF30 would be a scary thought. The ERSB would take on look at the title and assign it an AO rating. Why? Well Final Fantasy XXX does look like a XXX rated game.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
03-15-2007, 11:35 AM
i fnid it hard to believe that you've only just seen this video? it's been out for like a year

besides, square have said that IF they wer to remake ff7, it wud take at least 7 yrs so we'd be talking ps4 or 5 by then

chrisfffan
04-06-2007, 11:40 PM
they will do remake the game its just a question of when

psyniac_123
04-10-2007, 06:37 PM
AAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

they will do remake the game its just a question of when

Very RRRAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

Hazzard
04-10-2007, 07:13 PM
Yeah, baby!

Garnie
04-10-2007, 07:21 PM
ok its officail. they are doing it!
i cant remember which site it was on but they are defenetly doing it!

Levian
04-10-2007, 08:54 PM
That does sound like a reliable source. :D

Nothing is official and there's lots of rumours flying about, so I'll close this for now. Maybe they'll make one in the future, but they're not making one at the moment.