PDA

View Full Version : When You Died...

TyphoonThaReapa
03-13-2007, 04:54 PM
A'yo, when you died, what song would you want to be played at your funeral? I would want Bone Thugs -N- Harmony- Crossroads. The best song ever. Especially at the celebration of my death.:cool:

Loony BoB
03-13-2007, 05:13 PM
The Chicken Dance.

I'm serious.

Renmiri
03-13-2007, 05:14 PM
"Who wants to live forever" by Queen

Rocket Edge
03-13-2007, 05:21 PM
Candy Shop - 50 Cent

Nah okay jokes aside, one could be 'Follow On' by Paul Brady, but there is plenty more. I probably won't have one played though.

Bunny
03-13-2007, 05:35 PM
I don't care. Not like I can listen to it.

TyphoonThaReapa
03-13-2007, 06:05 PM
Ok, lets assume you can listen to it.

Dreddz
03-13-2007, 06:17 PM
The Scientist - Coldplay

Bunny
03-13-2007, 06:25 PM

But it's my funeral. I am dead. Logic and fact state that I cannot listen to a song at my funeral; as I am deceased. I have kicked the bucket.

Plus, I don't plan on being there for my funeral. They'll never find my body.

Nominus Experse
03-13-2007, 06:44 PM
I'll let whoever survived me chose which song(s) to play at my funeral; they are the ones that will hear it, after all.

TyphoonThaReapa
03-13-2007, 07:26 PM

But it's my funeral. I am dead. Logic and fact state that I cannot listen to a song at my funeral; as I am deceased. I have kicked the bucket.

Plus, I don't plan on being there for my funeral. They'll never find my body.

I'll let whoever survived me chose which song(s) to play at my funeral; they are the ones that will hear it, after all.

Guys, you don'y need logic to answer the question. I just want to know what would you like to be played at the funeral? How would you like it if your people played the gayest song you could think of. I know you would be pissed. So please, put logic aside for a sec and answer the question. And by the way bunny, that was pretty funny what you said.

MJN SEIFER
03-13-2007, 07:31 PM
I decided on these when I was about eight:

"If We Hold On" Diana Ross

"Earth Song" Michael Jackson.

Is that ok?

TyphoonThaReapa
03-13-2007, 07:36 PM
I probably can rock with the diana ross. but Michael?! Hell no!!!:tongue: But hey, it's your funeral

blim
03-13-2007, 07:41 PM
Roy Harper - When an old cricketer leaves the crease

or

Chaotic Dischord - F***ing Fun

nozkits
03-13-2007, 07:47 PM
A'yo, when you died, what song would you want to be played at your funeral? I would want Bone Thugs -N- Harmony- Crossroads. The best song ever. Especially at the celebration of my death.:cool:

Thank You My Twilight by The Pillows

or

Lost Air by Art-School

dark enigma
03-13-2007, 07:55 PM
i would like to play send me an angel for scorpion

in fact i feel dead when i'm listining to this song

BarelySeeAtAll
03-13-2007, 07:56 PM
i never really thought about mine...i know my mum wants "dont cry for me argentina" ....i spose my immortal by evanescence would be nice enough xD

TyphoonThaReapa
03-13-2007, 07:59 PM
i never really thought about mine...i know my mum wants "dont cry for me argentina" ....i spose my immortal by evanescence would be nice enough xD

That's not a bad choice. I like that one to.

charliepanayi
03-13-2007, 08:27 PM
Untitled 1 by Sigur Ros, or maybe Nightswimming by R.E.M.

PyroManiak
03-13-2007, 08:46 PM
Prolly either the chicken dance...or a song about necrophilia

NeoCracker
03-13-2007, 08:55 PM
Prolly either the chicken dance...or a song about necrophilia

Then you my friend want "See you in hell" by Stephen Lynch.

Me, I wouldn't want a sad song to be playing. I'd want songs like the Following.

Jason Mraz - The Remedy
Shaggy - Angel (Assuming I have a Wife or Girlfriend when I die)
Weird Al - White N' Nerdy
Stephen Lyncy - Grandfather (If I have Grandkids, they'd best have a sense of humor when this song comes on)
Nightmare Before Christmas - Oogie Boogie's Song
Franz Ferdinand - Michael, Do you want to, Dark of The Matinee and I'm your Villian

That sounds like a good set up to me.

GooeyToast
03-13-2007, 09:07 PM
Untitled 1 by Sigur Ros

Very fine choice, sir.

I'd have to go with 13 Angels Standing Guard 'Round the Side of Your Bed by A Silver Mount Zion. One of the most beautiful, strange, and sad songs I've ever heard.

Nominus Experse
03-13-2007, 09:44 PM
I think that Bunny and I were basically saying, "It doesn't matter (since we're dead), and so we don't care."

I have always felt that funerals were more for those alive than dead, which may seem backwards, but seriously think of the entire procession.

But meh, if you want a song, I'll chose one I would like to hear as I pass into the nether:

A Thousand Paper Cranes, by Mono

A slow, sad song, but with a small glimmer of hope and peace. This song also holds special significance in that it is tied to a small, but very touching, memory involving my girlfriend, myself, and paper cranes.

Mirage
03-13-2007, 10:42 PM
When I died? As far as I know, I haven't died yet ;p.

I'm not sure what music i would play. Maybe the game over theme of some game.

NeoCracker
03-13-2007, 10:52 PM
When I died? As far as I know, I haven't died yet ;p.

I'm not sure what music i would play. Maybe the game over theme of some game.

YEs, will someone please fix the title. It bothers me. Please fix it.

Pete for President
03-13-2007, 11:11 PM
The Scientist - Coldplay

Hmmm good one.

I'd choose;

A Radio With Guts - Tragic Music or
the Arcade Fire - Neighbourhood #1 (Tunnels)

Spammerman
03-13-2007, 11:15 PM
Hawk Nelson-Zero

Fonzie
03-13-2007, 11:15 PM
What no Stairway to Heaven?

Well, I would choose these:

Red Hot Chili Peppers- Snow
Led Zepplin- Stairway to Heaven
Red Hot Chili Peppers- Scar Tissue

Jebus
03-13-2007, 11:17 PM
Raffi - Banana Phone.

*nods*

PyroManiak
03-13-2007, 11:18 PM
What no Stairway to Heaven?

Well, I would choose these:

Red Hot Chili Peppers- Snow
Led Zepplin- Stairway to Heaven
Red Hot Chili Peppers- Scar Tissue

you know stairway had backmasked messages in it lol...I played it backwards myself and found it out b4 they even started posting those youtube tapes...

btw...chad smith=will ferrell lol
and rhcp stole my lyrics for the song snow...I had the heyooooo, now listen to what-I gotta sayoooo in one of my songs I wrote whe n I was like in 3rd grade

Dr Aum
03-13-2007, 11:37 PM
The UFO Ending song (Silent Hill no Uta) from Silent Hill 3.

Fatal Impurity
03-13-2007, 11:38 PM
Just for the irony i suppose i'd have "bring me to life" by Evanescance or Don't damn me by Gun's 'N Rose's becuase of how it fits my life so exactly...

PyroManiak
03-13-2007, 11:43 PM
The UFO Ending song (Silent Hill no Uta) from Silent Hill 3.

did u hear the dog ending scene...lmfao I got that my first run through the game...I was pissed lol

ReloadPsi
03-13-2007, 11:49 PM
Avenged Sevenfold - I Won't See You Tonight

Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name

Bunny
03-14-2007, 12:05 AM
I think that Bunny and I were basically saying, "It doesn't matter (since we're dead), and so we don't care."

I have always felt that funerals were more for those alive than dead, which may seem backwards, but seriously think of the entire procession.

That is exactly what they are for. They are a way for the people still living to say "goodbye" to the one that has passed away. It is a comfort sort of thing, I think. I've never really been interested in having a funeral, myself. I just want to be left alone after I pass on.

I'll play your game though. I want the ultimate funeral song played at mine:

Another One Bites the Dust by Queen.

PyroManiak
03-14-2007, 12:08 AM

That is exactly what they are for. They are a way for the people still living to say "goodbye" to the one that has passed away. It is a comfort sort of thing, I think. I've never really been interested in having a funeral, myself. I just want to be left alone after I pass on.

if you play the line another one bites the dust backwards its:

Its fun to smoke marijuanna...

Bunny
03-14-2007, 12:11 AM
That only enhances how perfect the song is then. Not only is it awesome, it is educational! I had no idea marijuana was fun to smoke! But Queen says it is so it must be true!

HURRAH URBAN LEGENDS

Momiji
03-14-2007, 12:31 AM
I would have to say 'The Great Escape' by Boys Like Girls.

TyphoonThaReapa
03-14-2007, 01:40 AM

if you play the line another one bites the dust backwards its:

Its fun to smoke marijuanna...

That only enhances how perfect the song is then. Not only is it awesome, it is educational! I had no idea marijuana was fun to smoke! But Queen says it is so it must be true!

HURRAH URBAN LEGENDS

You guys are crazy:rolleyes2

Araciel
03-14-2007, 01:44 AM
"Where Eagles Dare" - the misfits version.

NINJA_Ryu
03-14-2007, 05:20 AM
Weird Al - White N' Nerdy

A fitting autobiography.

Wolf Kanno
03-14-2007, 05:36 AM
Damn it Bunny beat me to Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust":mad2:

So I guess I'll stick to more serious choices. Probably "Blue" by Yoko Kanno since it's about the last moments in a person's life as the lay dying. That, or may go with "Heaven's Not Enough" also by Yoko Kanno, since the song really fits me.

Mitch
03-14-2007, 05:41 AM
Europe - The Final Countdown

The Mog Ninja
03-21-2007, 11:10 AM
Maybe the Chicken Dance, or the Macarina or Hit Me Up- Gia Farrel or whatever... um maybe... I dunno, something funny. I mean dying's gonna be awesome!

Germ Hamee
03-21-2007, 12:23 PM
Good Enough, by Evanescence.

PhoenixAsh
03-21-2007, 12:45 PM
I probably can rock with the diana ross. but Michael?! Hell no!!!:tongue: But hey, it's your funeral

If the entire point of this thread was for a chance to use that line, then I bow down in awe.

I dunno what I'd want, it'd depend how I died and my mood, and what happened afterwards. Probably not something sad. I've got AFI's Prelude 12/21 playing at the moment which has a very angsty/ angry/ its not over kinda a feel, which might be appropriate in some situations. On the other hand I love the Goldfinger version of 99 Red Balloons :D. As has been said though, funerals are for the living, let them choose.

Theme tune style songs generally sound good though, something inspirational that builds up maybe. That said, though I wouldn't actually want either, Aeris or Seto's themes from FFVII are quite fitting.

NeoCracker
03-21-2007, 10:02 PM
Cowboy Bebop OST - Yoko Kanno - See you Space Cowboy.

That or Mushroom Hunting.

tailz
03-21-2007, 10:20 PM
metallica - fade to black
" " - hero of the day
nightwish - ghost love score
'' " - ever dream
within tmeptation - memories
offspring - meaning of life

i dont care in wich order these are played, as long as they are played. well actually i was planning on letting al my friends pick on song to describe me :D

Odaisé Gaelach
03-22-2007, 04:48 AM
Oh, wow, I don't know...

Sean Callery - Jack Tells Kim He's Not Coming Back
Sean Callery - The Bomb Detonates
Moby - We Are All Made of Stars

Damn, probably some more too... but those three are ones I'd definitely have. :)

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-22-2007, 09:10 AM
In all seriousness? Mozart's Requiem.