PDA

View Full Version : Internet explorer 7

Owen Macwere
03-13-2007, 08:34 PM
Ok, I just downloaded the new exploror, so I was wondering if anyone else has done so. how can I get the main menu to display you know the upper tape that holds (file, edit, veiw..etc.)?.
I'd apreciate any help cause I really want this menu back.

Forget it, I got help. Thanks.

Peegee
03-17-2007, 04:22 AM
IE 7, though some people wouldn't like it, is vastly different than IE 6 and below.

I think I'm obligated in some way to suggest you try out www.firefox.com

Owen Macwere
03-17-2007, 09:44 AM
Oh, I do have firefox, but dad uses explorer and since I upgraded the menu went away so I was worried he'd get mad or something. I got the menu back though, thanks to iceglow. And thanks to you.

JKTrix
03-17-2007, 12:36 PM
if IE7 is that much different than IE6, you may be better off showing your dad Firefox. If he has problems with IE7, you can play dumb and say 'I don't know, I use this other program. It's easier."

Discord
03-18-2007, 02:46 AM
IE 7, huh. Well, it looks a little different and has a couple of new features, but that's it. It's primarily for Vista, which in return looks nothing like XP and 2k either.

I never really got what this love for Firefox is about though. Fine, it has the shiny tabs and the funky search function, but otherwise... Never had any problems with IE to change the browser (which doesn't mean that I never tried it).

PS: I think the author's problem is solved.:p

ValiantKnight
03-18-2007, 05:56 AM
Firefox = return to simpler time, ability to turn off bells and whistles.

More protected from some of the spyware and viruses as well.

/shrugs.. i just like it better, don't know why.