PDA

View Full Version : bangbangswipeswipe

BarelySeeAtAll
03-13-2007, 08:41 PM
i just saw on some youtube thing a glance of rufus shinra when he is shooting kadaj/jenova, and i just realised how horrid his gun looks...does anyone actually know what sort of gun it is?
the meaning of this thread is actually this: what do you think of the weapons on ac and are they particularly wowy?i dont like lozs "dual hound" thingy, i think it looks horrid. Yazoos gunblade rocks, he is so talented with it. Kadajs sword was pretty cool to say the least. Now Sephiroths katana was amazing, it looks so light though, which annoyed me, cos it cant really be too light...but hey
so they were my views on the weapons, what were yours?

Mirage
03-13-2007, 08:58 PM
Most of the weapons in AC are stupid, especially Kadaj's dual-blade katana. First, two parallel blades would disperse the pressure over a larger area, decreasing its ability to cut. Second, the blade continue into the hilt, meaning it would snap much more easily.

Mercen-X
03-14-2007, 05:05 PM
Kadaj: Double-blade

For the whapping, it meets the same criteria as a bo-staff, only it's slightly easier to cut. It wouldn't be able to take much abuse from the First Tsurugi, I'd wager. Which means the battles between Cloud and Kadaj are greatly exaggerated.

Yazoo: Strike-barrel guns

Yazoo doesn't use a gunblade. All three "brothers" use the same style of gun. None of them have a blade on them and only Yazoo is particular to use them. He is quite stylish though, like Irvine from FF8.

Loz: Pulse gauntlet

It's weak how he needs such machinery to actually put up much of a fight. I'm curious as to whether the gauntlet actually allows him his teleport-like speed.

Cloud: Assembling sword "First Tsurugi"

Here was my first impression: Enhanced Sword, Two Ragnaroks, Two Force Stealers, and a Murasame with a doubled handle.
I like the split-blade sword and the split-grip sword, but not the First Tsurugi. It's just . . . obese. I'd have preferred seeing Cloud fighting off Sephiroth with the Hardedge.

Barret: Metal arm transformer

GOD!! I hated that thing! To watch such a gigantic weapon unfold from such a tiny prosthetic? Give me a break. ANYTHING WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER THAN THAT! That's the Japanese for you. Gotta do the blatantly unbelievable with everything anime and vg.

Sephiroth: Masamune

No other person is supposed to be able to wield the Masamune. It was never said that it's just too heavy, no, in fact, it's just uncontrollable. I didn't like that the sword appeared out of nowhere. I mean, it IS the true essence of the Sephiroth we met so many times in-game, but it's just a reminder that we've never been up against the real Masamune.

The Mog Ninja
03-21-2007, 11:04 AM
They were cool.

Mercen-X
04-25-2007, 09:21 PM
As for Rufus' gun . . . weird-looking foldout thing.

Roogle
04-26-2007, 11:58 PM
Many of the weapons in Advent Children were made only for the stylistic effect. I doubt that any of them would fare well in actual combat; though, the exception to this from the main characters of the featurette would probably be Tifa, who uses a pair of simple gloves.

Mercen-X
04-27-2007, 10:41 PM
After they finish remaking Final Fantasy VII for PlayStation3 Turbo, they'll be asked for an uber edition re-release of Advent Children that features classic weapons like the Hardedge and the Cannonball and a better final attack against Sephiroth than that craptastic V5.