PDA

View Full Version : How to Become a Legend

Martyr
03-13-2007, 10:22 PM
Sometimes, a great man may wage war to pull a nation from slavery or oppression.

Sometimes a great man may work for his whole life to build a device that rockets society into a high tech future.

Sometimes, evrybody knows who you are and what you did because you have done something so mind-bogglingly stupid that the event must be recorded on an eternal slab.

I was just eating cake.
I had cut the slice with a razor sharp, cerrated knife.
Instead of washing a fork, i decided to just eat off the knife.
And then there was a brief moment, where there was a particularly large amount of cake on the kinfe, and I realized that I was sticking this razor sharp tool of shredding pretty deep down my throat.
Calmly, I took it out, not forgetting to clean it of it's cake, and I thought to myself, "Martyr, you could have just killed yourself! Or, at the very least, lost a very useful epiglottis."

So I had to run over to the computer and post it.

The question is:

Have you ever, during a time in your life where you would consider yourself competent, done anything quite so stupid that you could have accidentally killed or seriously wounded yourself for the sake of something like... eating cake with a knife instead of a fork?

(Or did you kill or seriously injure yourself?)

I want to know.

Madame Adequate
03-13-2007, 10:24 PM
Yes, I killed myself when I was sixteen years old.

PyroManiak
03-13-2007, 10:28 PM
Sometimes, a great man may wage war to pull a nation from slavery or oppression.

Sometimes a great man may work for his whole life to build a device that rockets society into a high tech future.

Sometimes, evrybody knows who you are and what you did because you have done something so mind-bogglingly stupid that the event must be recorded on an eternal slab.

I was just eating cake.
I had cut the slice with a razor sharp, cerrated knife.
Instead of washing a fork, i decided to just eat off the knife.
And then there was a brief moment, where there was a particularly large amount of cake on the kinfe, and I realized that I was sticking this razor sharp tool of shredding pretty deep down my throat.
Calmly, I took it out, not forgetting to clean it of it's cake, and I thought to myself, "Martyr, you could have just killed yourself! Or, at the very least, lost a very useful epiglottis."

So I had to run over to the computer and post it.

The question is:

Have you ever, during a time in your life where you would consider yourself competent, done anything quite so stupid that you could have accidentally killed or seriously wounded yourself for the sake of something like... eating cake with a knife instead of a fork?

I want to know.

so many times,in so many ways that, if this makes you a legend...

this makes me a legend amond godly legends that godly legendize in a legendly fatalistic type of godly way where they rape eachother with rubber chicken heads and pray to the legendary gods of cheese if they could legendize my legendly godful legend that makes me a legend amond godly legends that godly legendize in a legendly fatalistic type of godly way where they rape eachother with rubber chicken heads and pray to the legendary gods of cheese if they could legendize my legendly godful legend to forever be a legend in the universe of sovereignty with enteties that entirely legendize essences of my bieng of a legend...twice

blim
03-13-2007, 10:28 PM
last week i was chopping veg and just missed the cable for the washing machine that i had stupidly left running across the chopping board. that was very close. I also once electrocuted my nads while climbing an electric fence (that was actually quite pleasant)

Martyr
03-13-2007, 10:29 PM
Yes, I killed myself when I was sixteen years old.

Anecdote, please!

Fatal Impurity
03-13-2007, 10:33 PM
I've done many stupid things...such as joining this site...but seriously though, im too lazy to get a fork so yeah ive done something stupid like eating off a knife plenty of times. It just goes to show that if your careful that it doesnt matter what you do.

Mum
03-14-2007, 03:40 AM
You mean like cutting through the cord while using the electric hedge trimmer...

er,

no.

I'm a legend because I have input into young people's lives, thereby making a difference.

Shlup
03-14-2007, 03:50 AM
I have a scar. Not gonna go into it.

Yamaneko
03-14-2007, 05:50 AM
I ran down a hill while my hands were in my pockets. Good times? Nah.

Nominus Experse
03-14-2007, 05:57 AM
Dude, I'm going to jump out my two-story window onto the trampoline that has missing springs! LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL....

I wish I was high or drunk at the time of this endeavor, because frankly, it would then give me an excuse as to why I would do such a stupid thing.

Yamaneko
03-14-2007, 05:58 AM
My brother once contemplated jumping off the roof of our house into our pool below. He looked down and chickened out.

escobert
03-14-2007, 06:17 AM
Yes I do stupid things. Everyone does at some point or another.

Bunny
03-14-2007, 12:42 PM
I climbed a tall tree to jump into a pool that was a good 8-10 feet from the tree.

I missed the pool completely.

Iceglow
03-14-2007, 03:43 PM
I let my mates shove me down the side of a big hill in a shopping trolley, stupidly realising too late that this hill ended in a VERY BUSY at all times day and night junction. I was lucky, I only got hit by a moped the rider was more hurt than me and he got up and rode off.

CimminyCricket
03-14-2007, 03:55 PM
I was riding my bike with my friends down a long, noticeably steep hill when I decided that it'd be a great idea to stand on my bike and jump at my friend and tackle him off his bike into the grass.
I stood up on my bike and jumped at him, but because he was peddling and I wasn't I had slowed down enough that as I flew at him he just whizzed by and I flew, which as I was told later looked rather strange seeing as they weren't expecting it, straight into the ground by myself.
So, instead of me tackling someone, what they saw was me jumping off my bike straight into the ground.

Also,

I ran down a hill while my hands were in my pockets. Good times? Nah.

I laughed out loud on that one because I've done that too, only I was possibly older and didn't even think of the possibilities of falling or the need of balance.

MikeL Valentine
03-15-2007, 12:24 AM
The question is:

I want to know.

No I was always a very logical person and I know what I'm doing.

Ko Ko
03-15-2007, 02:44 AM
Once I decided to go down a hill on my crutches when there was ice everywhere and my torn ligament was still tender and fat.
But I wanted to go to school so I wouldnt become stupid.

Agrias
03-15-2007, 03:21 AM
i smacked my head on a diving baord and almsot broke my neck. i got away with two black eyes a slight skull fracture above my left eyebrow, broken nose, scratches all over the left side of my face and a neck brace for two weeks :D

Verisimillipede
03-15-2007, 03:34 AM
I jumped out of a plane, which crashed, killing everybody on board.

I should not have fallen out.

Christmas
09-25-2022, 11:42 AM
I still hang out here after all these years. :(