PDA

View Full Version : Names

PyroManiak
03-13-2007, 10:52 PM
Even though having names are extremely efficient and convenient I think people should not be given names...We should be identified by biometric devices according to our fingers/retineses/irises/voice/fart/skin/hair samples/fecal matter sample..And we should be adressed by our formally assigned numbers...and we should optionally be able to choose our own symbol/brand/name for ourselves and be familiarly adressed by those...

The reason I started thinking about this is someone else shouldn't choose our names because I think stars are stupid..Also I think people shouldn't be branded with a named because it takes away some of our natural innosence...Also my essence can't be branded! from that skit lol...and numbers are ,pre ;ole un-brandish and they r just something used cuz they have to...if possible I'd rather we just all not be numbered or named or identified until we are old enough to choose

Roto13
03-13-2007, 10:54 PM
The reason I started thinking about this is someone else shouldn't choose our names because I think stars are stupid.

xD

Jojee
03-13-2007, 10:56 PM
You think stars name their kids stupid names? :p Well I choose to be Super-Monkey-Fight-Glowing-Heart! :3

PyroManiak
03-13-2007, 10:58 PM
You think stars name their kids stupid names? :p Well I choose to be Super-Monkey-Fight-Glowing-Heart! :3

more of a fatalisticality type thing where I think basically...parents suck at naming

Roto13
03-13-2007, 11:02 PM
Compared to what?

Fonzie
03-13-2007, 11:03 PM
We should let the babys name themselves.

PyroManiak
03-13-2007, 11:05 PM

We'd all have the same names..."prrpppp" *crapping ourselves sound*
or "wahhhh" *crying*

and they'd probably have a war and the wahhs wuld die and we'd be at probably alot smaller populations...

...babys naming their selves wouldnt work...babys are just to stupid

blim
03-13-2007, 11:09 PM
We should be identified by biometric devices according to our fingers/retineses/irises/voice/fart/skin/hair samples/fecal matter sample..And we should be adressed by our formally assigned numbers...

The thought of that terrifies me, being addressed by a number is one common method of deindividuation (such as in prisons, and if i recall correctly the holocaust), biometrics to me also raise concerns about who would have access to that info and why.

Although most names are not unique they help to create a sense of individuality, i would much rather be Andy (or Blim) than person no: 678346545

Fonzie
03-13-2007, 11:10 PM

We'd all have the same names..."prrpppp" *crapping ourselves sound*
or "wahhhh" *crying*

and they'd probably have a war and the wahhs wuld die and we'd be at probably alot smaller populations...

...babys naming their selves wouldnt work...babys are just to stupid

I was being sarcastic.

PyroManiak
03-13-2007, 11:14 PM
We should be identified by biometric devices according to our fingers/retineses/irises/voice/fart/skin/hair samples/fecal matter sample..And we should be adressed by our formally assigned numbers...

The thought of that terrifies me, being addressed by a number is one common method of deindividuation (such as in prisons, and if i recall correctly the holocaust), biometrics to me also raise concerns about who would have access to that info and why.

Although most names are not unique they help to create a sense of individuality, i would much rather be Andy (or Blim) than person no: 678346545

you get to choose your own name...like I said if it were up to me we'd be born with some of the things we have to develop over time...like the ability to name ourselves...but we can't and we'd have to use some sort of identification...My message isnt as literal as many of you are taking is and why do people have to be sacrastic all the time...if you want to alienate me and rip my skin off go ahead..

blim
03-13-2007, 11:17 PM
you can legally use any name you wish anyway so if you dont like your given name you dont have to use it, so i'm not sure what the issue is on that score

PyroManiak
03-13-2007, 11:20 PM
you can legally use any name you wish anyway so if you dont like your given name you dont have to use it, so i'm not sure what the issue is on that score

no you can't ...some they'd say was "inapropriate" and I think you can't change your name unless your an adult...or emancipated or something..and they don't allow you to change your name to a symbol unless ur famous like prince...and its not even legal for him

Dr Aum
03-13-2007, 11:22 PM
Also I think people shouldn't be branded with a named because it takes away some of our natural innosence...

I agree completely. All non-numeric names are far too violence-causing, sexually suggestive, and generally liable to result in the child knowing things that, while extremely useful, also make parents feel like they're losing control over their progeny and which therefore should be hidden from children as long as possible. It makes perfect sense.

blim
03-13-2007, 11:24 PM
there was a man who changed his name (legally) to Yorkshire bank plc are facsist bastards with no difficulty ok maybe some words (which i'd better not type [bloody censorship]) would be a problem but most would be ok

my brother was never known by his given name as a child because he disliked it and my niece is known as either her given name, Indigo, or as Angelmouse

EDIT in response to post below: i was referring to in the UK, i am unaware of the process and laws in the US pertaining to this issue (and i dont have time to read your link right now)

PyroManiak
03-13-2007, 11:27 PM
there was a man who changed his name (legally) to Yorkshire bank plc are facsist bastards with no difficulty ok maybe some words (which i'd better not type [bloody censorship]) would be a problem but most would be ok

my brother was never known by his given name as a child because he disliked it and my niece is known as either her given name, Indigo, or as Angelmouse

read this and look at all the bull u gotta go through..and also you cant change your name to symbols/numbers/...and you require first and last name...
http://www.soyouwanna.com/site/syws/changename/changenameFULL.html

I believe there is alot of problem with name changing and we should have 100% control over what we are identified by

Also in general children are never allowed to change their name because they like another one better which is also bull

btw...its more than 1 page so click on the others :P

Bunny
03-14-2007, 12:09 AM
I disgaree.

Then again, I have a rather pleasant name. I'm sorry if your name is Fred or something.

PyroManiak
03-14-2007, 12:10 AM
I disgaree.

Then again, I have a rather pleasant name. I'm sorry if your name is Fred or something.

My problem isnt my name...its that I personally dont want a name,number, symbol or anything for people to identify me as....maybe fire or blood or a unicorn horn to sort of hint out its me but not completely...why should prince be the only one who doesnt need a name...

Bunny
03-14-2007, 12:13 AM
We should be identified by biometric devices according to our fingers/retineses/irises/voice/fart/skin/hair samples/fecal matter sample..And we should be adressed by our formally assigned numbers...and we should optionally be able to choose our own symbol/brand/name for ourselves and be familiarly adressed by those...

You need to think on this a bit more. You completely contradicted your original post.

PyroManiak
03-14-2007, 12:16 AM
We should be identified by biometric devices according to our fingers/retineses/irises/voice/fart/skin/hair samples/fecal matter sample..And we should be adressed by our formally assigned numbers...and we should optionally be able to choose our own symbol/brand/name for ourselves and be familiarly adressed by those...

You need to think on this a bit more. You completely contradicted your original post.

well I went off track a bit steering towards my desire for a life where identification would not be needed...but I didn't think anyone wuld understand me if I said that...and no I did not completely contradict my original post...I went a bit off track but ur making an exageration

Fatal Impurity
03-14-2007, 12:17 AM
Even though having names are extremely efficient and convenient I think people should not be given names...We should be identified by biometric devices according to our fingers/retineses/irises/voice/fart/skin/hair samples/fecal matter sample..And we should be adressed by our formally assigned numbers...and we should optionally be able to choose our own symbol/brand/name for ourselves and be familiarly adressed by those...

The reason I started thinking about this is someone else shouldn't choose our names because I think stars are stupid..Also I think people shouldn't be branded with a named because it takes away some of our natural innosence...Also my essence can't be branded! from that skit lol...and numbers are ,pre ;ole un-brandish and they r just something used cuz they have to...if possible I'd rather we just all not be numbered or named or identified until we are old enough to choose

This already happened...

Its called your Social security/National Insurance number...

There was a guy who called himself (through deed poll) "Mr Sony Playstation" he even had his own chat line that said "Do you want to come and play with my joystick?"...

I'm serious there really was a guy who did that...o_0

PyroManiak
03-14-2007, 12:20 AM
:eep:

if possible I'd rather we just all not be numbered or named or identified until we are old enough to choose...

Another line that proves you are blindly making a huge exaggeration and that I did not contradict myself...I contradiced the only system I think people would even be close to accepting that would get what I desire into play...just as people did not understand in my 59.9 thread....:eep:

Bunny
03-14-2007, 12:28 AM
Okay, nevermind.

Your thought process is light years ahead of mine and I can't even begin to fathom just exactly what you were trying to get across. Then again, I can't really read your mind, so until you can form an accurate wording of what your ideas and thoughts are on any given subject, I am forced to go by what you have provided with me. Which, in this case, was a very big contradiction.

oddler
03-14-2007, 12:31 AM
Let's get rid of middle names. Compromise?

Momiji
03-14-2007, 12:44 AM
read this and look at all the bull u gotta go through..and also you cant change your name to symbols/numbers/...and you require first and last name...
http://www.soyouwanna.com/site/syws/changename/changenameFULL.html

Apparently you've never heard of an old music group called ? and the Mysterians. (The singer literally changed his name to ?).

PyroManiak
03-14-2007, 01:01 AM
Okay, nevermind.

Your thought process is light years ahead of mine and I can't even begin to fathom just exactly what you were trying to get across. Then again, I can't really read your mind, so until you can form an accurate wording of what your ideas and thoughts are on any given subject, I am forced to go by what you have provided with me. Which, in this case, was a very big contradiction.

pretty simple, animals don't brand themselves with names they just recognize eachother by natural characteristics...but don't really "identify" eachother by those things...just recognize this is who I saw/smelled/felt earlier...I think we shuld do it kinda like them and be able to either just be recognized or choose or own symbol/essence/mark/letter(s)/number(s)/etc..

Also please show me my two contradicting lines from what I said and what I saiid to contradict the other statement cuz I cannot pinpoint my self-contradictary lines

oddler
03-14-2007, 01:04 AM
Everyone's name will be Hey You. :choc2:

PyroManiak
03-14-2007, 01:09 AM
Everyone's name will be Hey You. :choc2:

we can adress eachother in other way then voice/eg:eye contact/fingering

oddler
03-14-2007, 01:12 AM
Anyone who dares gain my attention by fingering will recieve painful hurtings.

PyroManiak
03-14-2007, 01:13 AM
Anyone who dares gain my attention by fingering will recieve painful hurtings.

lmfao..ment to say sign language but I guess fingering wuld work

Vikeve
03-14-2007, 01:16 AM
As long as I get number 42.

PyroManiak
03-14-2007, 01:22 AM
As long as I get number 42.

Hows 422126263629322 sound?

theundeadhero
03-14-2007, 07:56 AM
animals don't brand themselves with names they just recognize eachother by natural characteristicsI don't think a fish can tell if the fish in front of him is the same fish that stole his piece of bread a week ago, or an entirely new fish. Once an animal loses contact with another, the next time they meet it's like the first time. They don't remember.

the blue knight
03-14-2007, 09:02 AM
The reason I started thinking about this is someone else shouldn't choose our names because I think stars are stupid.. enough to choose

ond day you will have your own kids and you will name them
this is life and no one will blame you for that:confused:

Bunny
03-14-2007, 12:50 PM
Okay, nevermind.

pretty simple, animals don't brand themselves with names they just recognize eachother by natural characteristics...but don't really "identify" eachother by those things...just recognize this is who I saw/smelled/felt earlier...I think we shuld do it kinda like them and be able to either just be recognized or choose or own symbol/essence/mark/letter(s)/number(s)/etc..

When you meet a person for the first time and they tell you their name, you might keep it locked up inside your head. Then you might lose contact with that person for a few years, but as luck might have it, both of you are walking down the same road at the same time one day. "Hey! I recognize that person there.. what was his name....?" And then it clicks. It clicks because you recognize characteristics about a person. You remember what they look like, more than any name or anything they have done. Whether they were attractive, ugly, or had some sort of anomally about them. You remember natural characteristics before you remember the name in which they go by. You may not remember them exactly, because people change a little bit over time.

A name is just a way for a large group of people (see: human race) to recognize each other without too much hassle. What would be the point of a symbol, or a sequence of numbers? You complain that your name is some sort of brand, but you support use of an actual brand? There is your contradiction.

You can change your name. It is entirely possible. The reason it is difficult is because there is more than just a paper to fill out. There is more to do, more included in changing your name than a simply "I think I'll go by Joe instead of Bob."

Polaris
03-14-2007, 12:55 PM
U can always pay and change your name! ;)

PyroManiak
03-14-2007, 07:31 PM
animals don't brand themselves with names they just recognize eachother by natural characteristicsI don't think a fish can tell if the fish in front of him is the same fish that stole his piece of bread a week ago, or an entirely new fish. Once an animal loses contact with another, the next time they meet it's like the first time. They don't remember.

not exactly...Some animals are capable of recognizing one another for its entire lifetime...eg:
wolf packs/ chimpanzees / I even seen an example of a chimp mother that recognized its dead child years after it had died..and recognized him instantly...and reacted different to if it were just any other dead chimp

Okay, nevermind.

When you meet a person for the first time and they tell you their name, you might keep it locked up inside your head. Then you might lose contact with that person for a few years, but as luck might have it, both of you are walking down the same road at the same time one day. "Hey! I recognize that person there.. what was his name....?" And then it clicks. It clicks because you recognize characteristics about a person. You remember what they look like, more than any name or anything they have done. Whether they were attractive, ugly, or had some sort of anomally about them. You remember natural characteristics before you remember the name in which they go by. You may not remember them exactly, because people change a little bit over time.

A name is just a way for a large group of people (see: human race) to recognize each other without too much hassle. What would be the point of a symbol, or a sequence of numbers? You complain that your name is some sort of brand, but you support use of an actual brand? There is your contradiction.

You can change your name. It is entirely possible. The reason it is difficult is because there is more than just a paper to fill out. There is more to do, more included in changing your name than a simply "I think I'll go by Joe instead of Bob."

I support use of an actual brand...if the person wants to be have that brand...Personally I'd rather not have a name or symbol...no contradiction there... Yeah but we should have the right to change our name to whatever it be...even if its nothing... if we want...not if the goverment accepts the request