PDA

View Full Version : Neon Bible

Pete for President
03-13-2007, 11:06 PM
Neon Bible, it's the Arcade Fire's brand new album. So, who of you guys have it, opinions anyone?

Peronally I think it's a great runner-up for their first album 'Funeral', but it might have lost a bit of the magic-touch they had earlier.

Discuss!

Necronopticous
03-13-2007, 11:17 PM
It's pretty good. Funeral spoiled me.

farplaner
03-14-2007, 02:14 PM
Sorry, I haven't heard them. The title "Neon Bible" alone, though, almost makes 'em worth checking out.

Cz
03-14-2007, 03:45 PM
It's no Funeral, but that was to be expected, so that's hardly a disappointment. The new version of No Cars Go is better than the old, which was a pleasant surprise, and it's probably the best thing on the new record. Intervention, Keep the Car Running and Black Wave are all pretty good songs, but nothing really blows me away like the first album did. It's still the best record of the year so far, though, and a respectable follow-up to Funeral.

Reles
03-14-2007, 05:55 PM
I love it. I love the new sound, it's a lot darker than anything they've ever played. They're experimenting with what is it...the pipe organ? I love all of the songs so far, I can't complain yet. But yes, Funeral was definitely a masterpiece and it's kind of hard to top that.

charliepanayi
03-26-2007, 10:19 PM
It's not as good as Funeral. But then it was never likely to be. I do think it's still a good album, just not sure how good yet. I think Intervention is fantastic though, as are Black Mirror and Antichrist. But these were the ones that stood out on first listen and nothing further seems to be proving exceptional as I keep listening to it. That said nothing is especially bad on the album either I feel, though Black Waves is a bit flat for me.

But I would say even an Arcade Fire running at 70% quality is still likely to be better than a lot I'll hear this year. Mind you, this is already looking like a very good year so I may have to go back on that statement.

Aurey
03-27-2007, 12:04 AM
Eh. I found it mostly boring, a couple of songs are okay, though. I wasn't all too excited for it, anyway. Funeral is still a great album, haven't listened to it in a while though. Geez.

Spammerman
03-27-2007, 12:08 AM
Man, I really thought this was about a Neon Bible.

Moon Rabbits
03-27-2007, 12:26 AM
Funeral is to Neon Bible what Owen Pallett is to Arcade Fire.

Way better.