PDA

View Full Version : God of War II

Jowy
03-14-2007, 03:19 PM
Anyone else buy it yet? I'm a cheapass and can't afford it but holy-mother-of-christ do I want it.

Captain Maxx Power
03-14-2007, 03:32 PM
Gah, we have to wait until the fuggin' 20 something of April in the EU :mad2:

CimminyCricket
03-14-2007, 03:36 PM
OMFG, I plan on buying at soon as I cash the check I get on thursday, my phone bill doesn't matter, my internet bill doesn't matter, nothing matters, other than the more badass games I own, that God of War 2.
-_-' but that's tomorrow and I don't want to wait that long.

Loony BoB
03-14-2007, 04:03 PM
Looks like Sony copped up $120 million to settle the ol' lawsuit with Immersion and the creators of God of War II have blatantly been talking about how cool it is that the PS3 is going to get rumble. Sony hush hush about it, but this can only be a very good thing as far as I'm concerned.

Now when I have the cash, I'll finally get the kind of product I've wanted.

When I have the cash. :(

The cash. :cry:

EDIT: Oops, clicked new thread instead of reply. *merges with GOWII thread*

Bunny
03-14-2007, 04:05 PM
I will give you the cash if you do that thing with your tongue, BoB.

This is neat.

Loony BoB
03-14-2007, 04:06 PM
What thing with my tongue? I've been known to do a lot of things with my tongue.

PS. link (http://www.gizmocafe.com/blogs/gizmo_cafe_blog/archive/2007/03/14/110675.aspx)

CimminyCricket
03-14-2007, 04:22 PM
I'm not sure if Sony will really pay 120 million dollars just to get a rumble feature in its controllers. Is rumble even needed, unless of course you're into that kind of thing, that aside, I CANNOT WAIT TO GO BUY IT...still.

Loony BoB
03-14-2007, 04:30 PM
They have paid $120million to settle the case. That's fact. As per the link, it would be pretty silly of them to cough up that much cash for the rights to use rumble if they weren't going to continue using rumble.

escobert
03-14-2007, 05:27 PM
So why did they have to pay for the PS3 but the PS2 didn't get sued?

Loony BoB
03-14-2007, 05:29 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immersion_v._Sony

Erdrick Holmes
03-14-2007, 05:35 PM
I never really found rumble to be a useful feature in any game at all, unless it's one of those games where your supposed to press a button or do something when you feel the controller rumble.

Loony BoB
03-14-2007, 05:37 PM
To coin the name of the group behind it, it's all about game immersion.

EDIT: Oh, and.

I hope Sony will keep force feedback controllers in the future.

LunarWeaver
03-14-2007, 05:38 PM
Damn, that's a hefty price to get a controller to vibrate. I'm so jealous of Sony and their richness.

And I'm insanely excited for God of War II. Thankfully, my brother is buying a copy because I'm too poor right now, so I get to swipe his the second he's done. I'm going to rabidly consume every precious moment of it. I loved the first so much it's ridiculous and I expect the same from the sequel.

Erdrick Holmes
03-14-2007, 05:41 PM
BoB: 2004 is that way *points*

Yamaneko
03-14-2007, 06:18 PM
Not to derail this topic even more, but who the hell would complain about having rumble in their controller? It just adds to the experience and if you don't like it every game allows you to turn it off.

Erdrick Holmes
03-14-2007, 06:28 PM
No every game, I don't think.

Jowy
03-14-2007, 06:33 PM
I can't think of one game that doesn't allow you want to turn rumble off.

Back on topic, Kratos is awesome. 8-)

Dreddz
03-14-2007, 08:30 PM
God of War II doesnt deserve this amount of neglect dammit, yes yes, were all happy Sony made up, but there was a topic about this a few weeks ago. Why dont we talk about it there ?

Anyway, God of War II looks great, I loved the first one but am in a little pickle, I never beat it. Ashamed to say, but I got stuck on one of the puzzles in the first game and never went back to it. Maybe I could give it another shot or look it up on Gamefaqs *shudder*

MecaKane
03-14-2007, 08:48 PM
I should try to find a copy of the first one! I had it rented one time, oooh deadly.

Araciel
03-14-2007, 09:46 PM
it's out?
well then...

*saddles up*

Slothy
03-14-2007, 10:32 PM
They have paid $120million to settle the case. That's fact. As per the link, it would be pretty silly of them to cough up that much cash for the rights to use rumble if they weren't going to continue using rumble.

Settling the case doesn't mean they were paying for the rights to use rumble. It means they were sued, they lost, and they had no way around it without either paying or issuing new PS2 controllers at the very least. It's not so bad for them to not have rumble in the PS3 when none of it's games support it, but none in the PS2 when pretty much every game supports it? (For the record though, I think they likely will take up Immersion on their offer to work rumble into the PS3 since so many people like to bitch about it. Frankly, I don't care if it's there or not, but if it keeps people from complaining about the gimmick then so be it).

Back on topic now: Kratos does indeed rock. Can't wait to grab my copy and then finish midterms so I have time to play it a bit. The first one was one of the best action games I've ever played, so here's to more of the same, only better.

Loony BoB
03-14-2007, 11:06 PM

Settling the case doesn't mean they were paying for the rights to use rumble. It means they were sued, they lost, and they had no way around it without either paying or issuing new PS2 controllers at the very least. It's not so bad for them to not have rumble in the PS3 when none of it's games support it, but none in the PS2 when pretty much every game supports it? (For the record though, I think they likely will take up Immersion on their offer to work rumble into the PS3 since so many people like to bitch about it. Frankly, I don't care if it's there or not, but if it keeps people from complaining about the gimmick then so be it).
Apologies for the continuing off topic talk, but as per the Wikipedia article I linked earlier: "Sony will make 12 more licensing payments through the end of 2009 totaling $22.5 million, during which other royalties may also be paid. The agreement also provides Sony with new rights with respect to Immersion's patents." This means that they have full rights to use the patent in whichever way they please, I would imagine - be that PS2 or PS3.

NeoCracker
03-15-2007, 12:24 AM
Awesome Game. More Mythology, controls and leveling weapons are unchanged, more spells and such.

The inclusion on the Sisters of Fate and Prometheus are awesome, in addition to fighting on the flying horse thing.

Am I the only one here who has this game?

Jowy
03-15-2007, 07:00 PM
I think so. :(

I want Pegasus fighting plzkthx.

Peegee
03-26-2007, 11:47 AM
The hype, the story, the character (Dis Iz SpartaaaaAAaaaaAaa), and the fact that he has two swords wielded into his arms attached to chains...*drooool*

The point is, I bought the playstation 2 system JUST so I can play GoW and GoW 2 -- bought them all in one day.

*huggles system*

Also the game is very intuitive and simple. Took me a while to figure out some puzzles but basically I'm flying through.