PDA

View Full Version : Amazing soundtrack

Setzer Gabianni
03-14-2007, 03:43 PM
Just thought I'd say that, it's my 2nd favourite after XII, IX comes third. Anyone agrees this kicks arse?

Yuriev's ghost
03-14-2007, 04:01 PM
Not really. There are a few decent tracks in there but the more prominent ones that you'll be listening to for the majority of the game (battle theme, world map, most of the location music etc) are fairly repetitive and monotonous.

Probably one of my least favorite soundtracks, behind FFV and FFXII.

Frostwake
03-14-2007, 04:28 PM
Not really. There are a few decent tracks in there but the more prominent ones that you'll be listening to for the majority of the game (battle theme, world map, most of the location music etc) are fairly repetitive and monotonous.

Probably one of my least favorite soundtracks, behind FFV and FFXII.

Are you kidding? Who doesnt love "Clash on the big bridge" from FFV? its an epic! I also really like the battle theme... And I agree FFVIII has awesome soundtrack, specially boss music and of course, the last ultimecia form

Setzer Gabianni
03-14-2007, 04:29 PM
Oh, isn't that called The Extreme? If so, I so totally <3 that one, one of my top 3 faves, along with Man with a Machine Gun and Balamb Garden.

Mirage
03-14-2007, 04:35 PM
A Premonition, The Extreme, The Legendary Beast, and Maybe I'm a Lion are all great. Then there's Find your way, Liberi Fatali, Junction, the Lunatic Pandora music (forgot the name), the battle and boss themes are also good, imo.

Psychotic
03-15-2007, 01:31 AM
Not really. There are a few decent tracks in there but the more prominent ones that you'll be listening to for the majority of the game (battle theme, world map, most of the location music etc) are fairly repetitive and monotonous. Yeah, I agree with this.

My favourite FFVIII song is probably Unrest, although I've yet to see anyone else who likes it. I'm also fond of the Ultimecia's Castle music.

Yuriev's ghost
03-15-2007, 01:54 AM
Are you kidding? Who doesnt love "Clash on the big bridge" from FFV? its an epic!
One half-decent theme song does not a good soundtrack make.

Which is kind of my point with the FFVIII soundtrack as well.

Setzer Gabianni
03-15-2007, 09:49 AM
Where does do you hear Unrest? o.o

chrisfffan
04-06-2007, 11:36 PM
yea i agree the soundtrack is great

Comet
04-07-2007, 12:47 AM
The Landing and Premonition are my favorite music pieces in the game. I also like the Ending Theme, not to mention The Extreme!

Xurts
04-07-2007, 02:00 AM
FF8 has great music, much better than 12's. I don't don't know what SE was thinking when they had someone other than Nobuo Uematsu do the music. Fools.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
04-07-2007, 02:32 AM
Some of the music encaptivates the atmosphere tremendously well (eg when Balamb is under seige). My favourite soundtrack out of all the FF's I've played

psyniac_123
04-07-2007, 02:03 PM
My favourite FFVIII song is probably Unrest, although I've yet to see anyone else who likes it. I'm also fond of the Ultimecia's Castle music.

I have yet to find anyone who likes Drifting as much as I.

Also mcuh love for Force Your Way, Blue Fields, The Man With the Machine Gun, the ragnarok flight theme, Shuffle or Boogie, Lunatic Pandora, the final boss themeS and Breezy!

FF8 has great music, much better than 12's. I don't don't know what SE was thinking when they had someone other than Nobuo Uematsu do the music. Fools.

Nobuo sort out left and is more free-lance-y now I think. Also, practically the entire game is done by different staff (the same people who made Tactics, as if it wasn't obvious)

Xurts
04-07-2007, 04:55 PM

Nobuo sort out left and is more free-lance-y now I think. Also, practically the entire game is done by different staff (the same people who made Tactics, as if it wasn't obvious)
:(

Takara
04-07-2007, 06:19 PM
A few tracks are good, but I found the rest of the soundtrack to be boring. Blue Fields comes to mind.

Discord
04-07-2007, 10:43 PM
The Green Fields was simply the worst track ever. You run and run and run over the map and it plays and plays and plays until you just throw the controller against your stereos. I hated it.

However, the others were very nice. The piano version was the best though.

Shotgunnova
04-09-2007, 07:53 AM
FFVIII's soundtrack was a big letdown for me, especially coming off FF7's (which is about the only thing I'll give it kudos for). Many tracks just have that static, go-nowhere feel and worse, aren't very memorable because of it. Stuff like Breezy, Man with the Machine Gun, Waltz for the Moon, FH's Theme...those all dandy highwater marks; the others just can't compete with 'em. Not saying the other tracks aren't pleasant in some ways, but it's so easy for them to run together into background noise. Considering there's four discs worth of material and so few highlights, it just seems like an uneven attempt to me.

Enjolras
04-09-2007, 12:03 PM
I personally believe FFX has the best music, by quite a decent margin. FFVII's would compete if it had the same sound quality.
Not many tunes in FFVIII stood out to me, and some were actually quite monotonous and grating.

Kanshisha
04-09-2007, 02:33 PM
i deffinetly enjoyed the FF8 Track.... im actually currently listening to the songs: Only a plank between one and perdition, SeeD, Attack on dollet and The stage is set.

Hazzard
04-09-2007, 08:47 PM
OK, on real talks this game and VII has the best soundtracks. Also X, and surprisingly XII because of it's new flavor to the whole series, in types of the theme music. I love the boss music as well, that's the best. VIII is the best though, and you can't really deny it.

Mirage
04-09-2007, 11:50 PM
i deffinetly enjoyed the FF8 Track.... im actually currently listening to the songs: Only a plank between one and perdition, SeeD, Attack on dollet and The stage is set.

Listening to four songs at once? I'm impressed!

Hazzard
04-10-2007, 12:01 AM
What about the winter place?

Darth Anarcus
04-10-2007, 12:40 AM
Isn't it great? Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec is one of the few CDs which I can listen to the entire way through. Usually I only do that with my first listening, and then for each consecutive listening I only listen to my favorite tracks. So it's high praise if I can listen to the entire CD every single time.

Mirage
04-10-2007, 02:00 AM
If it hadn't been for that annoying whining at the end of the "Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec" song on that album. I hate that part.

The song played at that "winter place" would be "Find your way".

Kanshisha
04-10-2007, 03:26 AM

Listening to four songs at once? I'm impressed!Lol it does sound good all at once :D nah i have it in my play list :D

rubah
04-10-2007, 03:28 AM
I am a sucker for several of the tracks.

Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec
Man with the Machine Gun
The Stage is Set
The Oath
etc.

Mirage
04-10-2007, 03:30 AM
You should have more than 4 tracks in your playlist.

Kanshisha
04-10-2007, 03:46 AM
You should have more than 4 tracks in your playlist.Well i have more songs but they're the ones im currently listening to.... i tend to listen to the balamb garden song sometimes, especially when im bored..

Zeromus_X
04-10-2007, 04:11 AM
This is one of my favorite soundtracks as well. :) I really love Blue Fields, Silence and Motion, and Compression of Time.

Roto13
04-10-2007, 04:25 AM
I love it. A lot of it is really nice and easy to listen to, like Blue Fields.

McLovin'
04-10-2007, 05:19 PM
It is really awesome.

At first Balamb Garden's theme gets annoying but when I was gone from Garden for a really long time and then the story finally came back to it, the music was like a sigh of relief...

SeeDRankLou
04-10-2007, 09:23 PM
This would definately be my favorite of all of the FF soundtracks. It has more good tracks on it than any other soundtrack by far. There are some better songs on other soundtracks, but the consistency of good tunes on the FFVIII soundtrack is what makes it the best for me.

Except for Hunter's Chance from FFIX (which suffers from only being played once during the whole game while not being a final boss battle music), this has the best battle music of all of the FF's in all of it's aspects. Several nice and sometimes artsy town and character themes. And a commonality of a good theme over several songs that kind of tied the whole soundtrack together. It's my favorite.

Hazzard
04-10-2007, 10:05 PM
Alright yeah, I admit it, after listening to Eyes on Me, I've came to the conclusion that FF8 is one of the best in the series and has the best soundtrack!!!