PDA

View Full Version : You are locked in from the inside. Can you get out?

JKTrix
03-14-2007, 05:38 PM
I've been playing this for about 10 minutes, got it off Kotaku.

http://www.jigsaw.x0.com/sphere_e/index.html

Point n' click sort of game, find a way to get out.

I haven't yet, but it's supposed to be possible.

ljkkjlcm9
03-14-2007, 05:55 PM
I've found a lot of stuff, but have no idea what stuff means, or what to do with these items

THE JACKEL

Larahl
03-14-2007, 06:11 PM
It's hard as hell, I had some achievements, but now I'm stuck.

JKTrix
03-14-2007, 06:15 PM
couple of tips -- not major spoilers by any means, but if you're the type who wants to do *everything* yourself, I'll hide the text.
-each book on the desk says something different. I just did something with one of the books that made some progress

-You can click under some things--like the couch/futon. you can also click to the side/behind some things, like the flower pot to the left of the futon and to the right of the futon itself.

I still haven't finished it. Quite challenging.

ljkkjlcm9
03-14-2007, 06:23 PM
HAHA I got it!!!!

THE JACKEL

Levian
03-14-2007, 07:06 PM
I've done something with two of the books, found a bunch of pearls, but now I'm kinda stuck. Haven't opened any drawers and haven't opened the box in the open drawer. ;o gonna have to fiddle around some more :D I love these types of games.

I really have no idea what that brown thing in the inventory is, so that might be a problem.

edit:

opened box
opened two drawers

Stuck at some catapult thing now.

KentaRawr!
03-14-2007, 07:19 PM
This reminds me greatly of Crimson Room.

edczxcvbnm
03-14-2007, 07:25 PM
Awesome game. I am addicted. Now back to work :erm:

JKTrix
03-14-2007, 07:52 PM
HAHA I got it!!!!

Provide tips!

I stopped right where Levian is stuck as well. I am at work after all :P

I think the brown thing in inventory may be a frog.

ljkkjlcm9
03-14-2007, 08:04 PM
HAHA I got it!!!!

Provide tips!

I stopped right where Levian is stuck as well. I am at work after all :P

I think the brown thing in inventory may be a frog.
Good thinking with the brown thing... the third book provides tips for that.

otherwise you're stuck at...
Go to the hanging plant, and look in the corner, you can see an outline. Zoom back out and click where that was. Now solve that little puzzle for another key and go from there.

Good luck!

THE JACKEL

Zeldy
03-14-2007, 08:08 PM
wtf.

I just clicked something on the green wall and like wtf xD Oh! Jackal answered that~
This came confuses me and is addicting ;___;

MikeL Valentine
03-14-2007, 08:24 PM
What are all those balls for? :confused:

Oh and something else can I combine things?

ljkkjlcm9
03-14-2007, 08:34 PM

the balls will become useful

you can zoom in on items and try using another item on the zoomed in item

THE JACKEL

JKTrix
03-14-2007, 08:39 PM
Combine: Sort of. If you click the magnifying glass on an item, it will display in the middle of the screen. If you pick the right item from the inventory while this is on the screen, you can do things with it. Some items.

I just got the other key, thanks for the tip. I thought I was supposed to go *out* that door though, was a little disappointed. Though it means the game is not over!

Timster
03-14-2007, 08:40 PM
i'm stuck at the catapult as well... and the thing in the wall and other stuff... man i suck at this...

MikeL Valentine
03-14-2007, 08:41 PM

THE JACKAL

I found that the box has a small hole on it but I can't put a ball inside it like the books say :confused:

Timster
03-14-2007, 08:50 PM
what about the brown thing when you've put it in the glass of water and it's dissolved or something? and what's up with the catapult it won't stick, i mean the other part...

ljkkjlcm9
03-14-2007, 08:50 PM

THE JACKAL

I found that the box has a small hole on it but I can't put a ball inside it like the books say :confused:
well.. that's not what the book says

what about the brown thing when you've put it in the glass of water and it's dissolved or something? and what's up with the catapult it won't stick, i mean the other part...

Well, what would you do with dirty water? And did you pick up the screws you took off the grate? Technically you don't need the BALANCE, not catapult, as long as you know the "numbers" of the balls, at least that's how I thought of them

THE JACKEL

Zeldy
03-14-2007, 08:56 PM
How do you get the water and the screws? ;_____;!

MikeL Valentine
03-14-2007, 08:57 PM

THE JACKAL

well.. that's not what the book says

Well, what would you do with dirty water? And did you pick up the screws you took off the grate? Technically you don't need the BALANCE, not catapult, as long as you know the "numbers" of the balls, at least that's how I thought of them

THE JACKAL

Ok I think it says that there are two holes on the box right? and I have found them
Now how do I use items because I wasn't able to use a single one of them.

edit:
oh I see I found the use of the box

Timster
03-14-2007, 08:57 PM
figured out what to do with the water, and yes i got the screws but when i tried to screw the thing together it wouldn't work and what's up with the frog...:confused: talk about confusing game, but fun, and annoying yet interesting:p :D

ljkkjlcm9
03-14-2007, 08:58 PM

you need the screwdriver from one of the locked drawers

THE JACKEL

Zeldy
03-14-2007, 09:00 PM

you need the screwdriver from one of the locked drawers

THE JACKAL
:o

Im still stuck on that little puzzle on the blue wall xD I only know what red is.

Timster
03-14-2007, 09:11 PM
aaaaaw... i've constructed the balance, and i'm stuck balancing the balls does anyone have a hint?

PhoenixAsh
03-14-2007, 09:19 PM
Ack, I'm missing one ball. I've got 3 white, 3 green, 2 black and 1 pink out of the hanging plant . Any tips on how to find the last one?

ljkkjlcm9
03-14-2007, 09:19 PM
COMPLETE WALKTHROUGH TO AVOID QUESTIONS:

First turn right, then zoom in on the table
grab green ball from leaf of plant, and brown mud from pot
Zoom under table, grab black ball and kitty picture(varying border color)
Zoom out then click on couch
Lift left backing, take rod then white ball
click under couch, take red pencil
Zoom out, click to right of couch, grab green ball
Grab box, Click on top to make a hole, then side to rotate, then bottom to make another hole
Zoom out, Turn left back to desk
Zoom in on desk, click to right of desk, grab paper in pipe, click on paper to unfold
Zoom out, click on top book for info about later, second book for the box you already did, bottom book for square color(varies each playthrough) and use red pencil to draw the flower, also take note of the orientation of the rip
Click under desk, place box on the light to see butterfly(varying colors)
Zoom out, bottom drawer
Dark light dark
light light dark
light dark light
open box take key
zoom out, open green handled drawer, take screwdriver
Zoom out, turn right, zoom in behind plant all the way to the grate
Take white ball, unscrew it, take off plate, take screws and key
Zoom out, turn right zoom on small nightstand, grab white ball
open bottom drawer, take glass
unlock top drawer, zoom in, take bird picture
Zoom out, turn right twice
Click plant, use hook on plant to reveal red ball and take it
note the lines in the corner, zoom out, click on the wall to zoom, click on the box
Zoom in, these part changes every play, take note of the colors
Cat pic border, Bird head, Butterfly, and the box in the book pointed at the flower(the flower is not necessarily red)
Solve puzzle, get key
Turn towards the door, open with key
enter, zoom into corner. Take green ball on planet, wooden thing, black ball, and toilet paper,
zoom out, turn on sink
fill glass with water, put mud in the glass
wet toilet paper, zoom out, turn to the plant, zoom in to the side, wipe of green mark with wet toilet paper
Numbers: 3, 6, 7, 5
Zoom out, return to bathroom
Empty glass into sink, zoom into glass, take out frog, click on frog to see his two red feet
zoom in on toilet, press the numbers above, take red ball and key
Zoom out, turn to desk, unlock top drawer. Take card telling you how much gold ball equals, and the book hinting at the hanging plant you already got.
Turn to green wall, click on flower painting, place frog on the red flowers, then click on frog
See the equations and remember them
Zoom out, go to nightstand to the wooden thing
place the 3 slot wooden thing on side, click on base, insert screws
now balance the balls to find their weights and such
for quick reference
Red < White < Green < Black < Gold
Go back to the ball equations
top row is red=red
second is black = white+green
third is white+white=green+red
fourth is green+green+black=white+gold
click circle in upper corner
Zoom out, hatch on ceiling, click on it, then use hook to pull down stairs
Click on stairs... you're out!

THERE... I think that was everything

THE JACKEL

PhoenixAsh
03-14-2007, 09:37 PM
Thanks a lot I thought to wet the paper with a glass of water, didn't think to try a tap:rolleyes2

Necronopticous
03-14-2007, 09:44 PM
I beat it rather quickly.

Fun stuff, makes me nostalgic for the old Myst/Riven days.

Jebus
03-14-2007, 10:03 PM
Woo! I did it, and without the walkthrough.

Also That's not a catapult.

Levian
03-14-2007, 10:33 PM
Status update:

Been to the bathroom, found use for brown thing, now fiddling around with the catapult again. Looks like it's not doing me any good, though. Gonna have to find a way to use the brown water me thinks

Mirage
03-14-2007, 11:59 PM
Cat pic border, Bird head, Butterfly, and the box in the book pointed at the flower(the flower is not necessarily red)
Figuring out this sentence is almost as hard as the game itself...

JKTrix
03-15-2007, 12:23 AM
If you had the items he mentioned, you'd be able to put it together.

I just remembered this game, and I finished it now. Groocylicious

Mirage
03-15-2007, 12:28 AM
I was mostly referring to the last part of it, "the box in the book pointed at the flower". the rest isn't too hard to figure out, and I could bruteforce the entire thing if I had two or more of them nailed down.

ljkkjlcm9
03-15-2007, 02:04 AM
Figuring out this sentence is almost as hard as the game itself...

Sigh, I spend the time to go through the game in the most efficient manner, while still getting everything, and typing a walkthrough of it, and all I get is criticism.... sigh... such is life!

THE JACKEL

edczxcvbnm
03-15-2007, 03:11 AM
I had that picture puzzle thing in the wall figured out but I never found the butterfly...I eventually HAD to find it though because even if you get the right code the game will not let you proceed because you guessed and thus didn't find all of the clues which you apparently need to do. What bull:skull::skull::skull::skull:.

Necronopticous
03-15-2007, 03:16 AM
That's weird. I didn't find the duck and I was able to guess it.

ljkkjlcm9
03-15-2007, 03:30 AM
I had that picture puzzle thing in the wall figured out but I never found the butterfly...I eventually HAD to find it though because even if you get the right code the game will not let you proceed because you guessed and thus didn't find all of the clues which you apparently need to do. What bull:skull::skull::skull::skull:.
Uhm, no you don't need to find it, I can guarantee you that, because I've done the game so many times trying to cut down on what I had to do.

THE JACKEL

Rostum
03-15-2007, 07:04 AM
Too easy. Though I'm used to point and click adventure games. :D

Tasura
03-15-2007, 07:37 AM
Gateway (http://fizzlebot.com/gdc1/cgdc1.php?puzzleID=16) and Gateway 2 (http://mirror2.cgdc2.fizzlebot.com/?puzzleID=2) are also fun point+click/puzzle games.

Deborah
03-15-2007, 10:48 AM
I did it!! YAY! It took me awhile but it was fun!! And of course I had a friend to give me a few clues!

gottolovetheffgirls
03-27-2007, 12:07 AM
ahh crap im addicted to it know thanks a lot