PDA

View Full Version : Loot

Renmiri
03-15-2007, 01:33 AM
One of the things I love on XII is the loot system. I just love knowing it is better to pwn a skeleton than a hyena. Treasure chests are dumb luck, but loot takes knowledge.

I also love "mixing" Demon Eyes, Charge Gizzards and Wind stones to get a brand new item on the Bazaar. I feel like a witch (a beatiful witch ;) ) mixing eyes of newt in her cauldron.

What do you guys think ?

Psychotic
03-15-2007, 01:40 AM
Yeah, loot is much better than treasure chests. For the most part, treasure chests have really crappy items that hardly sell for anything. I probably should start using a Diamond Armlet but I don't really care enough to.

crazybayman
03-16-2007, 12:43 AM
Loot by far.

All too often have I hopefully opened a chest to find a potion. oooooohh, so exciting.

The would be one of my few complaints about this game. Things to be found in chests. I would personally like to see chests yield something more worthwhile.

Albel
03-16-2007, 01:49 AM
I like the loot but you dont really get much money for them and I would prefer the monsters to just give you money. But receiving loot is more realistic.

xtrava
03-16-2007, 01:47 PM
Loot backwards is tool.

:cool:

Bunny
03-16-2007, 02:25 PM
Loot backwards is tool.

:cool:

Going inside out from left to right it is otol.

Which is close to O'Toole.

Which is the last name of Irish actor Peter O'Toole (http://imdb.com/name/nm0000564/)

Who is an amazing actor.

Therefore, the loot system is amazing.

No.78
03-16-2007, 03:41 PM
Loots not exactly new to FFXII, all FFs have had monsters dropping items... Just now, we can choose to pick up the pixelated loot icon or not!

xtrava
03-16-2007, 03:47 PM
Fo sho.

Bunny
03-16-2007, 03:50 PM
Loots not exactly new to FFXII, all FFs have had monsters dropping items... Just now, we can choose to pick up the pixelated loot icon or not!

And loot has become the almost sole source of income. That's kinda new.

Renmiri
03-16-2007, 04:27 PM
And the Bazaar "recipes" are new too, right ? I just love combining eyes of newt demon eyes, Snake skin, rainbow eggs and stuff to make new items :D

No.78
03-16-2007, 04:33 PM
Yeah bazaar is new, but loot is one of the major money making things of FFXI too...

xtrava
03-16-2007, 04:43 PM
FFXI is online, this isnt ;)

I personally think they should have just called it Final Fantasy Online or something, rather than 11...It's not the same as the single player console series, although FFXII has heavy influences from it. When playing FFXII I feel like I'm playing Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic :P

Xurts
03-16-2007, 05:07 PM
I think Loot is a great addition. It's much better than having enemies drop Gil. I don't really care about mixing Loot, I just sell it whenever I get a bunch.

xtrava
03-16-2007, 05:09 PM
Same here, if it happens to make something cool in the Bazaar so be it. Currently got 700,000 gil :)

If I kill a certain mark (Behemoth King) thats another 500,000 gil for the reward :D

xtrava
03-16-2007, 07:12 PM
Hurray. Defeated that mark. I have a cool 1.2 million gil now =]

Paul
03-16-2007, 07:45 PM

I personally think they should have just called it Final Fantasy Online or something, rather than 11...It's not the same as the single player console series, although FFXII has heavy influences from it. When playing FFXII I feel like I'm playing Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic :P
regardless of your own personal requirements for what makes a game part of this series, Final Fantasy XI IS a part of this series, and the idea of collecting loot to get items that you can sell comes from that. also the items you mix to form better items comes from FFXI's crafting system, using 3 or 4 useless items such as leather skins or iron ore to craft a weapon or armour or whatever else.

a lot of FFXII takes ideas from FFXI and applies them to a single player universe. you can't just write FFXI off if the single player games are following in its traditions.

Nominus Experse
03-16-2007, 07:47 PM
I only wish that there was a sub-category of loot called God Dammit, Keep This!, so as not to be half-way fucked later on in the game.

Renmiri
03-16-2007, 08:17 PM
Hurray. Defeated that mark. I have a cool 1.2 million gil now =]

Buy Canopic Jar :D

xtrava
03-16-2007, 09:08 PM

regardless of your own personal requirements for what makes a game part of this series, Final Fantasy XI IS a part of this series, and the idea of collecting loot to get items that you can sell comes from that. also the items you mix to form better items comes from FFXI's crafting system, using 3 or 4 useless items such as leather skins or iron ore to craft a weapon or armour or whatever else.

a lot of FFXII takes ideas from FFXI and applies them to a single player universe. you can't just write FFXI off if the single player games are following in its traditions.

Woah calm down. Sorry if I offended your love child FFXI geez...

I never EVER wrote FFXI off, I've played the game thanks, a lot, so dont go around telling me what it is as though I'm a clueless piece of dirt you wiped off your shoe. All I said is that I dont think it should be in a series of games that are all single player, simply because it doesnt make much sense.

I'm not saying that I wouldnt want FFXI to be made, of course I would! It's a great game and in my opinion is the best in that particular genre which is now overshadowed by the mainstream popularity of WoW...

Dont worry, I'll keep my opinions to myself in the future, I mistakingly assumed this was a forum where each person can have their own thoughts and views without being TOLD what to think or do.

Renmiri
03-16-2007, 09:18 PM
Dont worry, I'll keep my opinions to myself in the future, I mistakingly assumed this was a forum where each person can have their own thoughts and views without being TOLD what to think or do.

It is, we love debate. XII fans here are just a tad touchy after a troll visited last week :rolleyes2

Aurons_Desciple
03-16-2007, 09:29 PM
Is it true than you can get a Diamond armlet at 'Fields of Eternity' in Tchita, because i've been trying for 3 hours and when the chest does appear (rarely) it's just a couple 1000 gil :confused:

xtrava
03-16-2007, 09:36 PM

It is, we love debate. XII fans here are just a tad touchy after a troll visited last week :rolleyes2

But he was touchy about FFXI for my PERSONAL view, which wasnt even derrogative towards FFXI in any way shape or form. :rolleyes2

Xurts
03-16-2007, 10:49 PM
I only wish that there was a sub-category of loot called God Dammit, Keep This!, so as not to be half-way smurfed later on in the game.
Agreed.

Paul
03-16-2007, 11:42 PM

I never EVER wrote FFXI off, I've played the game thanks, a lot, so dont go around telling me what it is as though I'm a clueless piece of dirt you wiped off your shoe. All I said is that I dont think it should be in a series of games that are all single player, simply because it doesnt make much sense.

I'm not saying that I wouldnt want FFXI to be made, of course I would! It's a great game and in my opinion is the best in that particular genre which is now overshadowed by the mainstream popularity of WoW...

don't take everything so personally. you're free to voice your opinion all day, and i'm free to disagree with it.you said FFXI should be separate from the series, i gave you reasons why it shouldn't. no forum users were harmed in the discussing of this item. i wasn't trying to imply you don't know anything, i was just stating reasons why FFXI does belong in the series.

Formalhaut
03-17-2007, 01:01 AM
I love the loot system. Im reeling in gold more than in my FFX! I like the bazaar goods too. BTW i bought the unassuming surcoat, I selled the items required to get it again but it aint showing up. Why is that?

Renmiri
03-17-2007, 01:51 AM
Uh... You should sell ONLY the items needed for it, no more, no less. Otherwise the AI may combine a different item for you.

xtrava
03-17-2007, 02:49 AM

don't take everything so personally. you're free to voice your opinion all day, and i'm free to disagree with it.you said FFXI should be separate from the series, i gave you reasons why it shouldn't. no forum users were harmed in the discussing of this item. i wasn't trying to imply you don't know anything, i was just stating reasons why FFXI does belong in the series.

Err no...I said my personal views. You stated things as though they were fact, when actually they are just your opinion. I never stated anything, merely said what I felt, wheras you told me things which you believe to be true but might not be. Thats the difference.

Anyway I'll go.

Northcrest
03-17-2007, 04:40 AM
Well I love loot because at the Sochen Cave Palace alone I got about 80,000 gil just by selling all of loot. Who knew that the Maggoty Flesh appears a whole lot and sells worth more than 1,000 gil a pop.

Skyblade
03-17-2007, 04:37 PM
I enjoy the loot system, but I'm not sure about the bazaar. There is no in-game list of what is needed to get what item, and the important loots are not mentioned in the game. That system could use a little more refinement, but apart from that, I'm happy with the looting and pillaging.

BTW, are there any one time only loots that should be saved? I was under the impression that every item of loot could be obtained even late in the game, as long as you know what monster drops it.

Renmiri
03-17-2007, 04:47 PM
I enjoy the loot system, but I'm not sure about the bazaar. There is no in-game list of what is needed to get what item, and the important loots are not mentioned in the game. That system could use a little more refinement, but apart from that, I'm happy with the looting and pillaging.

BTW, are there any one time only loots that should be saved? I was under the impression that every item of loot could be obtained even late in the game, as long as you know what monster drops it.

No, the Great Serpent Skin and some others are one time only.

There is not one single loot item that will prevent you from completing the game, but there are several that will prevent you from getting cool weapons and/ or armor.

You shouldn't sell:
*Arcana and High Arcana - very often used on Bazaar recipes, hard to get
*Feystone - very often used on Bazaar recipes, hard to get
*Zodiac gems (those Taurus, Capricorn.. gems you get) - very often used on Bazaar recipes, hard to get
*Great Serpent Skin - Gives you better prize at a sidequest but you can complete it without it
*Teleport Stones - Very handy, much better than walking miles to each spot

Paul
03-17-2007, 05:22 PM

Err no...I said my personal views. You stated things as though they were fact, when actually they are just your opinion. I never stated anything, merely said what I felt, wheras you told me things which you believe to be true but might not be. Thats the difference.

Anyway I'll go.
you don't have to go anywhere. it's fine for us to disagree, and i can just see the moderators rubbing their hands "oooh conflict". yes we're all adults here.

anyway, the only fact i stated was that FFXI is part of the series. because square made it and they have given it a title which makes it part of the series. then i mentioned similarities between FFXI and FFXII to back up WHY FFXI does belong in the series, including the loot system. i didn't mean to offend you.

everyone else: sorry for de-railing the thread a bit. chin up.

Renmiri
03-17-2007, 05:49 PM
For punishment for derailing the thread you will have to eat a Behemoth steak garnered with Ghysal Greens ;)

gudkid
03-21-2007, 01:47 PM
what would happen if i happen to sell the Great Serpent Skin?

DK
03-21-2007, 02:07 PM
I only wish that there was a sub-category of loot called God Dammit, Keep This!, so as not to be half-way smurfed later on in the game.

Yep, this, among with the license board, just seems to be one massive marketing tool for the FFXII guide book, imho. There's literally no way of knowing about that crap by just playing the game, so yeah. But SE can go screw themselves. I will just steal their information from gamefaqs, ho ho ho.

Roto13
03-21-2007, 03:22 PM
Wait, you actually have to sell two kinds of loot at the same time for new bazaar items? I thought it just kept a record of what you've already sold.

I hate that. I don't like loot any more.

Bunny
03-21-2007, 03:50 PM
I'm pretty sure it saves your information.

Danielle
03-23-2007, 09:28 AM
Loot rocks. Where I am right now, I need a lot of money. I sell loot and go crazy in shops. Partly because I have extreme shortages of pheonix downs...:(

No.78
03-24-2007, 12:03 AM
It's quite funny actually, when stuff like maggoty flesh and mysterious goo sells more than a more practical item, such as a pretty stone, or a crystal :P

THANKS FOR DEFEATING THIS HUNT!! HERE, TAKE THIS!!

*you recieve a cup of malboro ooze*

Vaan: D:
Lady: :)

Remedy
03-24-2007, 07:29 AM
up to now 29 votes for loot- but hey, can I mix things together !!
maybe after some time in the game.
cheers ^^

chrisguapo69
03-24-2007, 03:53 PM
I hate loot. I have over 4 million Gil and nothing useful out there to spend it on. I already have the Wyrmhero blade but I have already given up on the Tournesol.

Formalhaut
03-28-2007, 04:13 PM
its not loots fault theres nothing to spend on. Jeez, thats your problem.

If I had that much, id buy 99 of all cureative and offenceive ITEMS, not weapons.

Renmiri
03-30-2007, 02:59 AM
Use the Turtleneck Choker (?) so it lets you cast magick using gil instead of MP. You will get rid of your gil fast!