PDA

View Full Version : Best Place to get EXP in world 3?

Unthinkable
03-15-2007, 06:20 AM
As the title says, where is the best place to get EXP in world three?
I'm trying to get my party at a high enough level to beat omega and shinryuu.

Frostwake
03-15-2007, 02:53 PM
The castle right before the N-zone where you fight TwinTania.. in the room behind the throne you can fight 2x Iron giants which give 20 K exp (or 5K divided by all chars), that or the room with the stairs that connect to the entrance below, in which you can average about 15 K per fight... its still way too low IMO, which is why I never even got my characters to lvl 50

Oh and if youre thinking about the 2 iron giant thing, my strategy for fastest killing is have 4 mimes and 1 of them with lvl 6 summon... Then use leviathan and have everyone mime.. Easy 5-6 K damage to both (they seem to be weak to water, so Levi >>> Bahamut)

Flying Mullet
03-15-2007, 03:12 PM
In FFV, job abilities are more important than levels. If you're having problems beating Omega and Shinryuu, you need to try a different strategy. Using brute force with more levels won't work.

PuPu
03-16-2007, 01:32 AM
If you are trying to beat Omega and Shinryu for bragging rights, use the strategies listed below;but please, if you want a challenge, don't use the strategies listed below, as they are VERY cheap ways of killing them that people use all the time.

Omega:
1. Using Spellblade Thundaga/!Sword Bolt3.
2. Using X-fight/!Sshot.
3. Casting Stop. (Though it only works if you Reflect it off one of your own characters, since Omega has Auto-Reflect)

Shinryu:
1. Using Dragon Lances.
2. Having all your characters Jump in addition to using the Dragon Lances.
3. Casting Berserk.

A VERY cheap glitch in the SNES/PS1 version:
- Using !Mix with a Maiden's Kiss and Holy Water, causing them both to be put into Berserk status no matter what their status immunities are.

Though what you should almost ALWAYS do is:

-Equip Fire Rings against Omega to absorb his Atom Ray attack.
-Equip Coral Rings against Shinryu to absorb his Tidal Wave attack.
-Set the battle time to "wait" (optional)

Good luck beating them. :)

Unthinkable
03-16-2007, 03:16 AM
In FFV, job abilities are more important than levels. If you're having problems beating Omega and Shinryuu, you need to try a different strategy. Using brute force with more levels won't work.
I've mastered all jobs besides necromancer, I just want to challenge myself and not use the easy strategies against them.