PDA

View Full Version : RPG MAKER XP Switches Help

Spawn of Sephiroth
03-15-2007, 01:35 PM
Can anyone tell me how to work the switches on RPG MAKER XP?? For instance, on one of my levels i want to walk in a door and it trigger a monster futher up the map to start running down toward me. That is just an example of what i am looking for but tutorials could be great and any help would be appreciated.:D

Flying Mullet
03-15-2007, 01:54 PM
I haven't used RPGMaker XP, but I can't imagine it's much different than 2000 or 2003.

Set a switch, let's say 10, to OFF. Then set up switch 10 so that when it is ON it plays an animation of the monster running towards you. Then in the game, modify the door opening/changing maps event so that switch 10 is turned on. This will make the monster run towards you. Then, after the monster runs towards you, turn off switch 10 in the "monster running towards you event" so that it doesn't continuously repeat.

oddler
03-15-2007, 09:58 PM
Also, make sure that the page in the event for the monster has the proper conditions set for it to run; i.e. only runs when Switch 10 is ON.

Well, that's sort of what FM said but, instead of setting up a switch, you actually set up the event to run when the switch is active.

Hazzard
03-16-2007, 07:40 PM
Where is it possible to download RPG MAKER XP?

Flying Mullet
03-16-2007, 10:14 PM
http://www.enterbrain.co.jp/tkool/RPG_XP/eng/