PDA

View Full Version : Praised shows you just don't like.

Breine
03-15-2007, 03:48 PM
Are they any critically and publically praised TV shows out there you just don't like?

For me it's probably Prison Break. Everybody just keeps on talking about how cool the show is, but I just don't like it.. at all. I've tried watching it several times, but I just don't think it's that good. It's funny when I tell people that I just don't find it any good, and they're all like "Gasp, oh my God etc. etc."

Anyway, what about you?

ljkkjlcm9
03-15-2007, 03:51 PM
I didn't even know that show was hyped

But for me there are a few. Survivor was never big to me, Lost, 24, Heroes.... I guarantee there are more.

THE JACKEL

Yuriev's ghost
03-15-2007, 03:51 PM
Cheers isn't funny.

Urgh

Loony BoB
03-15-2007, 04:22 PM
Ugly Betty.

Breine
03-15-2007, 04:24 PM
I didn't even know that show was hyped

THE JACKAL

It is very much here in Denmark.

I just remembered some other ones. I've never liked Seinfeld or Frasier either.

Bunny
03-15-2007, 04:35 PM
Seinfeld, Fraiser, and Friends all had a few laughs but it is no where near deserving the praise that it gets or received when it was new. The only good season of Survivor was Survivor: Pearl Islands because of Rupert Boneham and Jon Dalton. I consider that season to be the pinnacle of Reality Television. It won't get better.

And pretty much every talked about show nowadays. But I don't really watch much television anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Roto13
03-15-2007, 05:01 PM
Ugly Betty. I just don't find it funny.

I find Seinfeld more annoying than funny. The characters are all too picky and whiny.

Yeah. Survivor is a stupid premise.

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-15-2007, 05:16 PM
I hate Seinfeld. I never liked it. Also Trailer Park Boys. A lot of people back home like the show, I think its stupid.

Dreddz
03-15-2007, 06:08 PM
Family Guy, Prison Break, Ugly Betty, Green Wing.

Shine On...
03-15-2007, 06:28 PM
The War At Home. THE worst show on television.

Burtsplurt
03-15-2007, 06:41 PM
Ugly Betty, Frasier, Will and Grace, Cheers. Most American comedies, in fact. I quite like Friends, though.

Callisto
03-15-2007, 08:56 PM
Every reality show that they have out there. I don't have to watch someone on TV acting like an ass. All I have to do is look around me.

The Real Dark Messenger
03-15-2007, 10:17 PM
Survivor, 24, Twin Peaks, Shark, Gilmore Girls and some others shows.

Rocket Edge
03-15-2007, 10:25 PM
Survivor & 24.

No.78
03-15-2007, 10:56 PM
Skins, 24, Family Guy, South Park etc

jrgen
03-15-2007, 11:40 PM
etc
Seconded.

Captain Maxx Power
03-15-2007, 11:47 PM
Lost. Confusing, thinks-its-smarter-than-it-really-is meandering mess of a show. Seriously, Abrahams has metaphorical ADD when it comes to his work.

Madame Adequate
03-16-2007, 12:03 AM
Desperate Housewives.

Callisto
03-16-2007, 12:21 AM
Desperate Housewives.

I don't get what the fuss is over that show. Boring as all get go.

Kirobaito
03-16-2007, 12:57 AM
Yeah, but I didn't think that got any positive criticism. I thought it was universally hated.

Prison Break, Survivor, and Seinfeld are the main ones I just don't get. I've tried watching all three, but don't find them entertaining/funny.

Shadowdust
03-16-2007, 07:42 AM
CSI and all of its offshoots. It simply doesn't interest me. Even worse is that so many friggin' people love it that all of the shows that I do enjoy that are pitted against the CSI machine get cancelled after a few showings.:mad2:

Slade
03-16-2007, 10:26 AM
Probably 'Ugly Betty' and 'Heroes'. I'm usually into anything to do with comics and super heroes but 'Heroes' is just plain cheesy in my opinion. Then again, I've only watched a couple of episodes, but that was enough for me. I'm not a big TV fan anyhow.

Madame Adequate
03-16-2007, 10:57 AM
I absolutely guarantee that you have misestimated the value of Heroes and should watch a bunch more episodes.

Xander
03-16-2007, 03:33 PM
Lost :p I just find it..uninteresting.

Shine On...
03-16-2007, 03:55 PM
Yeah, but I didn't think that got any positive criticism. I thought it was universally hated.
Yeah, but every teenager in sight praised that show for its 'witty; topics. Sorry kids, but homophobia is hardly witty.

Lost :p I just find it..uninteresting.
*GASP!* :eek: Xander, you take that back! I thought you were cool... :mad:

Rocket Edge
03-16-2007, 04:04 PM
CSI and all of its offshoots. It simply doesn't interest me. Even worse is that so many friggin' people love it that all of the shows that I do enjoy that are pitted against the CSI machine get cancelled after a few showings.:mad2:
Yeah, i find those type of shows completely boring.

Breine
03-16-2007, 05:19 PM

Yeah, CSI, and all of the spin-offs, has never really been my cup of tea... And I don't even like tea that much so there you have it.

Bunny
03-16-2007, 05:44 PM
Yeah, but every teenager in sight praised that show for its 'witty; topics. Sorry kids, but homophobia is hardly witty.

I praised it for the pretty daughter.

Griff
03-16-2007, 06:30 PM

Yeah, CSI, and all of the spin-offs, has never really been my cup of tea... And I don't even like tea that much so there you have it.
CSI is the FF7 of crime drama. It has it's moments but is still completely overrated.

Hambone
03-16-2007, 07:31 PM
Survivor, Lost, House, most ABC series.

MoonsEcho
03-16-2007, 07:34 PM
Seinfeld immediately jumped into my mind when I read the topic. Honestly, I never have understood why everyone raved over that show year after year. -_-

Slothy
03-16-2007, 08:16 PM
Although I like CSI, I'll agree it's overrated. CSI: Miami is complete and utter crap if you ask me. The only good thing about it is Emily Proctor. CSI: New York shall be spared my wrath however since it features Gary Senise.

Slade
03-17-2007, 05:56 AM
I absolutely guarantee that you have misestimated the value of Heroes and should watch a bunch more episodes.
Okay, well I'll believe you and I will watch some more episodes. I enjoyed the part about the comic book artist and the bit with those two Japanese guys but the rest just kind of seemed 'same 'ol', same ol'' if you know what I mean. But I'll give it another shot and watch some more episodes.

Germ Hamee
03-17-2007, 07:32 AM
I'm going to have to agree with Shadowdust on CSI. I have a grudge against that chain of shows for being responsible for a lot of good (better) shows being cancelled.

Another one is The Sopranos. I don't get it.

Wolf Kanno
03-17-2007, 08:01 AM
Every reality show that they have out there. I don't have to watch someone on TV acting like an ass. All I have to do is look around me.

Best (and most accurate) post!!!

Honestly, I hate most television sitcoms, reality shows, and crime drama series. So obviously just open up a TV guide and that will be my response. I have better things to do than watch television anyway...

Madame Adequate
03-17-2007, 12:01 PM
Okay, well I'll believe you and I will watch some more episodes. I enjoyed the part about the comic book artist and the bit with those two Japanese guys but the rest just kind of seemed 'same 'ol', same ol'' if you know what I mean. But I'll give it another shot and watch some more episodes.

Good man! It really picks up once you watch the first few episodes and things begin to come together. I wasn't overly enamored with the first couple myself, but once I got into it... wow.

The Unknown Guru
03-20-2007, 08:46 PM
I really don't like Lost that much. It's pretty cool, but the whole thing just keeps getting crazier and crazier with no end in sight. "Oh yeah, the numbers mean this, and this means that, which means that we have to use junk to build a super-radio that calls Spiderman so he can beat up Mysterio to save us all!"

I'm just not liking it.

*puts on flame-retardant suit*

The Real Dark Messenger
03-20-2007, 09:13 PM

Good man! It really picks up once you watch the first few episodes and things begin to come together. I wasn't overly enamored with the first couple myself, but once I got into it... wow.

I have to agree. The first couple of episodes weren't that great, but now I just can't wait until the next episode. It's a really good show.