PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Game, Any tricks or just luck?

ValiantKnight
03-15-2007, 09:52 PM
While I am progressing and just unlocked upstream, some of these codes come by quite fast and if going vertically seem almost impossible.
Just have to be faster at memorization or is there any assistance in this frustrating game?

Perfects being the only thing to unlock new areas it seems, I doubt I will get to the end unless upstream is the end.

Garnie
03-15-2007, 10:01 PM
dont even know how to get to that side quest:confused:

Renmiri
03-15-2007, 10:45 PM
It's a HUGE sidequest and it gives you the Lu Chang's badge which only works to give you the Wyrmhero blade... But you can only get that after you defeat Yiazmat so it is a wee bit too little too late.

For those who want to complete 100% of the game though... Have fun! :D

xtrava
03-15-2007, 11:17 PM
You dont have to memorise them, just press the buttons that it is :greenie:

Yeah its easy to make a mistake, but its not hard to re-do it and get it perfect enough times to unlock the new areas. :)

Gabranth
03-15-2007, 11:45 PM
it just takes a lot of skill and patience.

chrisguapo69
03-16-2007, 03:08 AM
What I did was practice the different moves from the book. You're fingers get accustomed to the different button sequences if you practice them first before doing the fish hunt sidequest.

If you're gonna just rely on you're reflexes without practicing, then good luck.

Upstream and midstream are easy so you don't have to practice those. Before you go upstream, practice the button sequences from the book. You'll be amazed at how easy it is! You don't even have to look at the screen anymore, once you see the sequence, you're fingers know where to go.

Ko Ko
03-16-2007, 04:35 AM
Some one tell me where this side quest IS.

Renmiri
03-16-2007, 07:18 AM
Dalmasca Estersand, the village by the Nebra river

Here is a summary of it (http://ffproject.net/forumwiki/index.php/FFXII/Quests/Fishing)

xtrava
03-16-2007, 01:46 PM
I'm a stepmania pro so I guess things like this dont seem AS difficult to me as they might to others hah :p

Dont hate me for saying that :D

Ko Ko
03-16-2007, 09:20 PM
Thank you Renmiri ^__^