PDA

View Full Version : Solid Horn

crazybayman
03-16-2007, 12:21 AM
Anyone know where I can get solid horns? (who drops them, and where are they?

For that matter, I'm trying to gather loot, to up my weapons. I've got the other ingredients for the Leering Blade (dark crystals and demon tails), but in this case I can't seem to find solid horns.

I'm at Giruvegan, and am open to going after whatever loot, to get whatever better weapons. What's the most reasonable weapons to go after through loot gathering at this point in the game? (by reasonable, I mean not foolishliy hard and time consuming)

Any tips?

Andamo
03-16-2007, 12:47 AM
Toad type monsters drop various types of horns (Horn, Pointed Horn, and Solid Horn).

When you say you're at Giruvegan, does that mean that's as far as you've gotten in the game or that's where you just happen to be at the moment?

Because the only monsters I know of that you can get Solid Horn's from are the Abaddon and Bull Abaddon, but you won't be able to find them if you're only at Giruvegan, because they're in the Pharos: Second Ascent. Once you complete Giruvegan, you'll end up going there. That doesn't mean there aren't other monsters that drop Solid Horns, I just don't know of any others.

Also, I would suggest stealing to get the Solid Horns, because every time I fought the monsters that had them, they kept dropping Vaccines instead of Solid Horns (but they should drop them as well).

I'm afraid I can't help you with your other question.

Renmiri
03-16-2007, 02:44 AM
See all Bazaar recipes at FF Wiki (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Bazaar_%28Final_Fantasy_XII%29)

It seems you are out of luck, solid horns are only gotten from the Abaddons at the Pharos.

Why don't you do the Ancient Man of Mystery hunt ? You can get the Masamune as a reward

xtrava
03-16-2007, 02:51 AM
Ragnarok for Ixion. :)

crazybayman
03-16-2007, 06:01 PM
See all Bazaar recipes at FF Wiki (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Bazaar_%28Final_Fantasy_XII%29)

It seems you are out of luck, solid horns are only gotten from the Abaddons at the Pharos.

Why don't you do the Ancient Man of Mystery hunt ? You can get the Masamune as a reward
Sweet.....I was just about to do that hunt!

Ragnarok for Ixion. :)
Coo....and I recall getting Save the Queen for one of the other hunts...don't recall off the top of my head....one of the ones in the Nechrol of the Nabudis or the Deadlands

Renmiri
03-16-2007, 08:20 PM
Ixion is at the Pharos tower, same place as the Abaddon frogs with Solide Horns.

But the man of mystery is at Lhusu :D

crazybayman
03-19-2007, 12:38 PM
Ixion is at the Pharos tower, same place as the Abaddon frogs with Solide Horns.

But the man of mystery is at Lhusu :D

The Man of Mystery at Lhusu had to be the coolest boss fights ever.

IMO, at least.

Even the voice acting suited him really well. :up: