PDA

View Full Version : Happy EoFF Anniversary To Me!!

Evastio
03-16-2007, 02:57 AM
It's been one year since I've joined the EoFF Forums. So that means it's my EoFF Anniversary!! :D

I think. :confused:

Anyways, do you celebrate or pay any special attention to the exact date you joined EoFF? Do you remember what it was first like?

Agrias
03-16-2007, 03:00 AM
i came on eoff in '02. i dont remember when..i forgot cause i went idle for two years and learned to draw and the like. :\
BUT! happy eoff anniversary! :D

Xaven
03-16-2007, 03:08 AM
I do believe I remember my first day. I posted in TT's FFVIII Trivia thread. I had the grey Griever avatar that's in the defaults. Hmmm. Lovely.

January 3, 2005.

Martyr
03-16-2007, 04:08 AM
I'm pretty sure I came in and plastered posts all over the FF1 forums.

I was so excited to see real live computer people who cared about and understood Final Fantasy like I did.

That was before Origins and the abomination that has been referred to as "GBA Version."
Abominable Desecration of Final Fantasy was speculated to be a title that wouldn't do well in retail stores.

I also liked the blue EoFF Classic background which reminded me of FF blue. I mean, I had a ball.
Then I got hooked.
Then I realized that my reliigious fanaticism was giving me a bad name.
Then I realized that it wasn't, it was giving the forums character.
Tried to quit. Couldn't do it. Too weak. I needed to level up.
So I went to college.
No comp. No online except in public.
I'm not man/geek enough to chat on Final Fantasy Forums when girls I want to date are hanging around.
Now I'm back.
I'll want to quit sooner or later, maybe.

Ah, but what began as a brief recollection of my first day has become a beief timeline of the major events, as I can recall them in an instant, of my EoFF history.

I hope you all enjoyed the story.

I'll self publish it in hard cover soon. March of '09.

Memiors of a Martyr.

Ya'll just wait.

Leen-Leen
03-16-2007, 04:25 AM
Actually, I don't really pay attention to the date. I do remember what it was like, though. I was probably all over the FFX forums, probably. But I can't exactly remember ...

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
03-16-2007, 04:50 AM
I don't think I actually posted the day I joined. I think I just browsed the Eyes on the World and Eyes on Each Other threads. After a while though, I posted in one of them and in the Chrono Trigger/Cross. Pretty much sums it all up.

Yamaneko
03-16-2007, 05:11 AM
I remember it 'cause it's the day before Aaron Freed's birthday. It gives me something to smile about because I know the next day there will be a thread wishing him a happy birthday and then he will come and post in it, late as usual, and then continue on his way down to the feedback forum and bitch about how something or other regarding staff policy needs remedy or that the forum needs some hack they have over at Fool's Gold. Then I have to hear Shlup or Hsu bitch about how The Man is bitching and if my "stfu's" don't get through to them I'm left with a headache. All in all I don't really welcome mid August.

Leeza
03-16-2007, 05:30 AM
But Yams! I joined 8 days after you. It was a great time. :)

Rye
03-16-2007, 11:29 AM
It's been 4 years. My anniversary is December 7th, 2002. I don't really make a big deal out of it though, just a mention in LJ.

Polaris
03-16-2007, 11:32 AM
05-04-2004

but I was before with another name! ^^ but I don't pay any kind of attention!

Vikeve
03-16-2007, 12:25 PM
I joined sometime in the summer and I can't escape.:( This is my first message board thingy Ive ever went on so I was conbugled. I know that I looked through all of these ff forums but I didn't feel like posting in them. Then I saw they had a general chat area and then I started being a postig whore and I still probably am a posting whore so yeah.

Bunny
03-16-2007, 12:56 PM
I joined two days before Mr. Yamaneko's fifth anniversary.

Xander
03-16-2007, 01:29 PM
I am nostalgic of when I first joined and how I was pretty stress free and not doing too much but college and playing FF games. XD I miss that time a bit! It will be four years in a few months. But I dont celebrate it or think of it at the time. xD I used to enjoy it a lot more than recently (probably more due to my own interests than this place), but I dunno if it'll ever be quite the same again for me! But I also cant imagine never coming here again :)

Rocket Edge
03-16-2007, 02:22 PM
27/10/05

I think i had a little shindig in my usernotes.

Owen Macwere
03-16-2007, 02:42 PM
I joined at 17 April or is it 18? of 2006, hasn't finished a year yet.
And about my first day, well, they were horrible, I'm so lucky to be still here. :D

No.78
03-16-2007, 03:40 PM
I can't remember when I joined but when I did I was like "omg this forum is full of overly opinionated lunatics!!! GET OUT OF HERE NOW WHILE YOU STILL CAN" But, I didn't, and now I like it.

Have I... Have I become, one of them?

CimminyCricket
03-16-2007, 04:01 PM
it was my anniversary 11 days ago, I guess I didn't notice, can we share this thread? :cP
Yes, I remember my first time here, I had just joined and I believe that the elections were going on and I didn't what the hell all that was about so I didn't really post anywhere as I was kinda confused, but I did enjoy reading the majority of the slogans that members had going. (I think this was eoff, I was trying out a bunch of random forums at the time.)

Evastio
03-17-2007, 01:12 AM
Wow. I'm suprised you didn't close this thread and say these kind of threads aren't allowed.

kikimm
03-17-2007, 01:15 AM
WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY, EVASTIO?

Also, I don't give it much thought. In fact, I am sure I will forget until a few weeks after my anniversary has occured. Horrible of me.

Leeza
03-17-2007, 02:21 AM
Wow. I'm suprised you didn't close this thread and say these kind of threads aren't allowed.
I think someone is getting paranoid. :)

I Don't Need A Name
03-17-2007, 01:56 PM
haha i remember when i first joined as Final-andy on 19-01-2005. ahh the good old days. i was all over the ff X and X-2 forums all the time. also the people i spoke to have all left now though :(

NeoCracker
03-17-2007, 07:44 PM

5:1 odds you would have closed it if I had made it, just like you closed my "I'm new here" thread. :mad2:

Anyway, don't really care for the date. Only fond memories for making moves on Del and Miriel getting all uppity about me putting moves on her man.

Jowy
03-17-2007, 07:45 PM
It was raining outside the day I registered. I remember there being too many people for my liking and not posting like ever. 8-)

Evastio
03-18-2007, 04:44 AM
The first day I joined EoFF it was during the night and it there wasn't much posting going on. I usually stuck to posting in the FF Forums rather than General Chat since I was more used to them.

Wasn't there a rule against anniversary threads?

Yamaneko
03-18-2007, 05:23 AM
Yeah, but you're asking a question so it's legit.

Leeza
03-18-2007, 05:37 AM
Yeah. What Yams said. :)

If you had said only:

<i>It's been one year since I've joined the EoFF Forums. So that means it's my EoFF Anniversary!! </i>

...then it would more than likely be closed. But, you expanded on your statement and have given the thread a topic for discussion. :)

Kirobaito
03-18-2007, 05:52 AM
July something. I used to know it. This summer will be 6 years. I don't remember on the day or anything, usually.

Leeza
03-18-2007, 05:56 AM
July something. I used to know it. This summer will be 6 years. I don't remember on the day or anything, usually.
<a href="http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=1473">June 29th</a>. :)

I know mine is August 19th, but I never really think of it as a day that I need to remember. :cat:

Kirobaito
03-18-2007, 06:12 AM
<a href="http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=1473">June 29th</a>. :)

I know mine is August 19th, but I never really think of it as a day that I need to remember. :cat:
June 29th is close enough to July.

Jojee
03-18-2007, 06:40 AM
I don't really pay attention but I can just ask Raistlin when he joined, cos' he sure keeps track :p

It was December 1999 sometime :(

Faris
03-18-2007, 06:43 PM
I don't particularly care, I just think "It's been what, 2-3 years?"

yanis
03-18-2007, 07:51 PM
My join date is April 16th 2006. I was just a lurker (for 5 years) who wanted to post something...then I just kinda disappeared.
I think my real join date is February 9th 2007!!!;)

This is kinda my Anniversary too!!! It's my 100th post!!!:D

escobert
03-18-2007, 08:24 PM
No I don't because I don't know the exact date I joined :p

abrojtm
03-18-2007, 10:33 PM
Mine was last Tuesday, I probably celebrated by posting at least once somewhere around here.

We should get cookies for five years.