PDA

View Full Version : Answer this for my entertainment.

Jowy
03-16-2007, 05:30 AM
I believe that centaurs can be effective members of modern society in this day and age. If you were a prospective employer would you hire a centaur? Would you discriminate against a centaur? How about go as far as to rally for their freedom? Or would you be a BIGOT and use them for your own personal gain and jump on and ride it around.

Centaurs are badass. 8-)

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-16-2007, 05:33 AM
This reminds me of Harry Potter.

Depends, if the centaurs are like those of Greek Myth than they are all lusty and violent creatures with the exception of Chiron. Or if they are noble race like they are in Harry Potter. If they were the former I would be wary but in either situation I would treat them with respect.

Jowy
03-16-2007, 05:34 AM
We're not talking noble, stuck up asshole Harry Potter centaurs or crazed bloodthirsty centaurs. Just regular guys like you and I. Except for the obvious differences.

LunarWeaver
03-16-2007, 05:37 AM
I would be all about centaur rights. Besides, who wants to be trampled by one. I know who to make friends with.

PyroManiak
03-16-2007, 05:45 AM
George Bush would probably eat any centaur that comes into america so I would make a living of of smuggling centaur immigrants here from mexico/canada and I would ask them if I could ride them to work and school everytime I see one and make them carry me if they refuse...I'd also probably aquire a taste for them because I'd get curious and bite one of them while riding them

Agrias
03-16-2007, 05:45 AM
Centaurs are very cool. I wouldnt discriminate since we all have rights, right? Plus centaurs stem from my homeland, so technically we're all related! :D

Araciel
03-16-2007, 05:46 AM
depends on what business i'm in...if i'm a wal mart manager and i need someone to haul around tvs and whatnot, sure bring on the centaurs...

if i'm running a fine dining establishment, it may not be the best idea to have such a large being serving the wine, his tail whipping about, slapping toupees off the heads of the fortune 500

PyroManiak
03-16-2007, 05:46 AM
Centaurs are very cool. I wouldnt discriminate since we all have rights, right? Plus centaurs stem from my homeland, so technically we're all related! :D

wrong, kids don't have rights unless they are emancipated from their parents in the US...

Agrias
03-16-2007, 05:49 AM

wrong, kids don't have rights unless they are emancipated from their parents in the US...

i'm in canada so your petty US rules dont count! HA! *edit* plus i'm 18 so here thats a legal adult*edit*

03-16-2007, 05:52 AM
We're not talking noble, stuck up asshole Harry Potter centaurs or crazed bloodthirsty centaurs. Just regular guys like you and I. Except for the obvious differences.

Then I would be all for equal rights for them. I mean the only difference is below the waist. Sure it would be different, but the world can learn to adapt and so can they.

Yamaneko
03-16-2007, 06:20 AM
Once our society has brought itself to the brink of extinction it will be useful to round up all the centaurs and use them for meat substance. Those of us who hoard the most will control the power structure. Once order has been restored through the iron fist or hoof, we can procure grazing land to further centaur growth and our own survival.

03-16-2007, 06:25 AM
Wouldn't that be almost cannibalism?

PyroManiak
03-16-2007, 06:25 AM

i'm in canada so your petty US rules dont count! HA! *edit* plus i'm 18 so here thats a legal adult*edit*

but you said we...

Diango12
03-16-2007, 06:28 AM
This reminds me of Harry Potter.

Depends, if the centaurs are like those of Greek Myth than they are all lusty and violent creatures with the exception of Chiron. Or if they are noble race like they are in Harry Potter. If they were the former I would be wary but in either situation I would treat them with respect.

Summoner you're basing you perception on nothing more then preconceived bias formed when you introduced into you're brain the stereotype of Centaurs in Harry Potter and Greek Mythology. Worse yet you're ready to act on those biased; "If they were the former I would be wary."

You're a perfect example of a bigot and I sir am not thrilled...T_T

Yamaneko
03-16-2007, 06:41 AM
Not if we only eat the lower half.

Fonzie
03-16-2007, 07:03 AM
Not if we only eat the lower half.

Smart thinkin' Tex.

Shadow8017
03-16-2007, 08:44 AM
did you get this from that one SNL skit?

Old Manus
03-16-2007, 09:01 AM
It would bring zoophilia to a whole new level.

Bunny
03-16-2007, 12:47 PM
Hell yes, and then I would ride the centaur!

Mitch
03-16-2007, 12:51 PM
I, for one, welcome our new Centaur overlords.

Bunny
03-16-2007, 12:56 PM
I move that we expand this topic to include the integration of Satyrs into our society. Do I have a second?

Jowy
03-16-2007, 01:19 PM
Being the creator of this thread, I fully support Bunny's idea. 8-)

Bunny
03-16-2007, 01:20 PM
In that case, I would hire both a satyr and a centaur and then have them fight for my amusement. It would raise worker moral, of this I am certain.

41-Inches-Wide
03-16-2007, 02:26 PM
I'm not for centaur equal rights. I'm still lobbying for the mermaids.

abrojtm
03-16-2007, 04:12 PM
If by equal rights, you mean slave labor, then sure. Besides, Centaurs would have tons of trouble getting around anywhere--Satyrs too. They couldn't get up steps in a stairwell or make quick turns among other things.

Breine
03-16-2007, 05:17 PM
Centaurs rock quite a bit, so yeah.. I'd fight for their rights and everything :)

Mirage
03-16-2007, 05:46 PM
It would be fun to see them run in the Olympics.

Martyr
03-16-2007, 06:54 PM
Centaurs would be a pain in the ass. They'vew got all the nasty qualities of a smelly, hungry, crapping horse, except that they'd have a human brain and probably want equal rights, etc.

But nobody needs somebody who'se half horse. The arms will be just as human, the brain ain't special.

As far as I can tell, a Centaur would be a hugely defective creature, and I wouldn't want them around me.

Plus, they'd be dangerous.

Problem is that anything with human brain capacity would require equal rights. I'd have to grant a centaur human rights because I have strong ethical standards, but I wouldn't work with them, and I can't see clear any good reason to emply them except as, I don't know... delivery boys who don't need a car?

Hambone
03-16-2007, 07:13 PM
It depends. How big would they be?

PyroManiak
03-16-2007, 07:16 PM
It would bring zoophilia to a whole new level.

that term offends people...I learned that they prefer the term "interspeciary exotica"

blim
03-16-2007, 07:22 PM
if they could do the job i'd hire em without a second thought

Martyr
03-16-2007, 07:42 PM

Well, yeah, but, what can a Centaur do that couldn't more easily be done with a horse or another vehicle that doesn't have feelings or rights?

Madame Adequate
03-16-2007, 08:10 PM

Well, yeah, but, what can a Centaur do that couldn't more easily be done with a horse or another vehicle that doesn't have feelings or rights?

Uh, well, there's everything the upper half of their body could do, which is essentially the same as Humans can do.

Edit: Horses have both feelings and rights.

Martyr
03-16-2007, 08:34 PM

Uh, well, there's everything the upper half of their body could do, which is essentially the same as Humans can do.

Only to a degree, when you consider the tremendous bottom half.
They're too bulky.
Anything that requires more than one person in a tight space will be virtually impossible, and, again, a little unsafe.
We'd have to remodel every building for "Centaur" Access.
They can't drive, so any travel over long distances will nullify their worth. (Remember that centaurs would have human minds and no whips at their back. They can run faster and farther than the average person, but human willpower and freedom always limit that capacity).

The question we need to ask ourselves is: What can a Centaur do?

Well, they could probably do deskwork in a very spacious environment. Namely, their homes. Plus, that would eliminate the commuting problem.
But working from home is mostly an e-myth, and is otherwise reserved for small business owners - Small Business Owners are not looking to be hired by me.

They can use their powerful horse body to pull things. But again, unlike a horse, this is a Centaur who's going to want Workman's Comp, who's going to cry if he gets cut, and who's going to demand a break when he's tired, and, at the end of the day, doesn't have a stronger rear end than a Ford F-250!
I may as well keep my junk trucks or buy a horse that won't whine as much.
So we see that any job like that, very applicable for a Centaur, makes the human part not only useless, but full of problems and expenses. I would not hire a Centaur to pull wire or logs or anything. I'd use machines.

What else can a centaur do? Nothing on a ladder. Electrician work would get them killed. Anything that's hazardous- that big body would create a massive safety risk for everybody. I mean, we're ruling out everything blue collar except for sales representatives.

Can anybody really think of a job that would make a Centaur worth hiring?

Yeah. The right to be jerks. Whether they have feelings or not, they don't care about anybody else's.
Have you ever worked with horses? They're horrible. And I wopuld refuse to assign a horse-chick to every Centaur to make sure it craps in a bag, isn't covered in flies, and has well combed hair.

Peter_20
03-16-2007, 09:45 PM
Centaurs freak me out. :(
I don't know why, but I've always found them eerie.

I wouldn't really consider them real humans, but I would respect them as much as possible.

Old Manus
03-16-2007, 09:47 PM

Only to a degree, when you consider the tremendous bottom half.
They're too bulky.
Anything that requires more than one person in a tight space will be virtually impossible, and, again, a little unsafe.
We'd have to remodel every building for "Centaur" Access.
They can't drive, so any travel over long distances will nullify their worth. (Remember that centaurs would have human minds and no whips at their back. They can run faster and farther than the average person, but human willpower and freedom always limit that capacity).

The question we need to ask ourselves is: What can a Centaur do?

Well, they could probably do deskwork in a very spacious environment. Namely, their homes. Plus, that would eliminate the commuting problem.
But working from home is mostly an e-myth, and is otherwise reserved for small business owners - Small Business Owners are not looking to be hired by me.

They can use their powerful horse body to pull things. But again, unlike a horse, this is a Centaur who's going to want Workman's Comp, who's going to cry if he gets cut, and who's going to demand a break when he's tired, and, at the end of the day, doesn't have a stronger rear end than a Ford F-250!
I may as well keep my junk trucks or buy a horse that won't whine as much.
So we see that any job like that, very applicable for a Centaur, makes the human part not only useless, but full of problems and expenses. I would not hire a Centaur to pull wire or logs or anything. I'd use machines.

What else can a centaur do? Nothing on a ladder. Electrician work would get them killed. Anything that's hazardous- that big body would create a massive safety risk for everybody. I mean, we're ruling out everything blue collar except for sales representatives.

Can anybody really think of a job that would make a Centaur worth hiring?

Yeah. The right to be jerks. Whether they have feelings or not, they don't care about anybody else's.
Have you ever worked with horses? They're horrible. And I wopuld refuse to assign a horse-chick to every Centaur to make sure it craps in a bag, isn't covered in flies, and has well combed hair.That sound just there was the joke being killed.

oddler
03-16-2007, 09:48 PM
They're half-human.

Let them pick which half of the human rights they want. :)

Edit: Same for Satyrs, Mermaids, Harpies, Lamiae, and Lycanthropes.

Psychotic
03-17-2007, 12:33 AM
Exterminate them. Man must win the war against nature at all costs, and they would be a powerful ally for the planet.

PyroManiak
03-17-2007, 12:42 AM
Exterminate them. Man must win the war against nature at all costs, and they would be a powerful ally for the planet.

lol "We don't have to cooperate with nature, nature has to cooperate with us!"

Agrias
03-17-2007, 12:43 AM
well we can always use the centaurs as our servants kinda like in IRobot.....except...without the whole "turn on the humans" thing....:\

Evastio
03-17-2007, 01:15 AM
I'd treat centaurs a lot differently than I'd treat humans. But I'd probably give them the same amount of respect and rights.

PyroManiak
03-17-2007, 01:18 AM
Who am I kidding? I would probably become paranoid and get extremely unstable any time a centaur comes near me...Imagine how scary it'd be if one of them was creeping up behind you

Agrias
03-17-2007, 01:21 AM
Who am I kidding? I would probably become paranoid and get extremely unstable any time a centaur comes near me...Imagine how scary it'd be if one of them was creeping up behind you

you'd hear them though cause they have hoofs...you cant be quiet with hoofs :\

abrojtm
03-17-2007, 01:26 AM
Harpies are the only demi-humans that have enough pros (read: wings) to make up for their cons. Mermaids definitely couldn't make it in society.

Madame Adequate
03-17-2007, 01:34 AM

No such thing as Tauren rogues.

Devilsaurs though...

Mirage
03-17-2007, 01:37 AM
Mer-people wouldn't have to, as they have about twice as much space as we land dwellers have. I think they would make excellent sea-rescue teams though.

PyroManiak
03-17-2007, 01:59 AM

Thats what scared me the four-stepped hooves...its so serial killeristic

Agrias
03-17-2007, 02:04 AM

well its not so scary when you think about it, cause what if a horse walks up behind you in a farm? its pretty much the same except instead of a "neigh' you get a 'hey hey there lil man!' XD

PyroManiak
03-17-2007, 02:07 AM

well its not so scary when you think about it, cause what if a horse walks up behind you in a farm? its pretty much the same except instead of a "neigh' you get a 'hey hey there lil man!' XD

more like...youre in a bath tub and they walk up to the door...then you open the door and check outside:eek: and then he comes from behind you "shank shank..."hey there little man :frust: "