PDA

View Full Version : St. Patricks Day

Rocket Edge
03-16-2007, 03:20 PM
It's that time of year again folks. Does this holiday mean anything too you, if so what will you be doing to celebrate the day?

I myself will be watching the Ireland V Italy rugby game, followed by watching the local parade, then going for drinks with a group of my friends. Green hairspray is also a must!

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/3078/stpatricksday2kd1.jpg

Happy St. Patricks Day!

Jowy
03-16-2007, 03:24 PM
I have no Irish heritage at all, nor do I really have the desire to go get smashed out of my gourd tomorrow.

I think I'll just enjoy a quiet evening inside. <3

Bunny
03-16-2007, 03:46 PM
I'm going to dye my skin green and get mistaken as an alien.

CimminyCricket
03-16-2007, 03:55 PM
I don't have any irish in my family at all, but that won't stop me from going out and doing something stupid with my drunk friends.

Lost Number
03-16-2007, 04:03 PM
Being irish, I will go out, get fucking pissed, and sing songs. Badly. Then come back in here and sing the national anthem in this thread with everyone, like I did last year. And this year, i'll also find that picture of me in the silly hat and put it in the album.

Rocket Edge
03-16-2007, 04:08 PM
Being irish, I will go out, get smurfing pissed, and sing songs. Badly. Then come back in here and sing the national anthem in this thread with everyone, like I did last year. And this year, i'll also find that picture of me in the silly hat and put it in the album.
I think it is necessary mo chara. :monster:

abrojtm
03-16-2007, 04:08 PM
I am contemplating going to Savannah, GA--they have a <b>huge</b> St. Patty's Day party/night life. They even dye the river green.
If not, I will be drinking green beer and other green alcoholic beverages well into the night.

CimminyCricket
03-16-2007, 04:10 PM
Yeah, savannah does have a bad ass st. patrick's day party thing goin' on for them. I miss living thirty minutes away from there. Now I live at least a day and a half away.

Rocket Edge
03-16-2007, 04:11 PM
I am contemplating going to Savannah, GA--they have a <b>huge</b> St. Patty's Day party/night life. They even dye the river green.
If not, I will be drinking green beer and other green alcoholic beverages well into the night.
Green food colouring ftw. At least thats what i'll be putting into my beer. :greenie:
http://www.londonproject.co.uk/uploads/green_beer.jpg

Spammerman
03-16-2007, 04:29 PM
It means a lot to me, seeing as every St patricks day, Im a year older.

Garnie
03-16-2007, 04:35 PM
the hileday means that me fellas got to work and i get the pc lol
but i dont care

edczxcvbnm
03-16-2007, 05:14 PM
I am very Irish so I talk this day up like there is no tomorrow. South Side Irish parade in Chicago was last weekend.

Erin Go Bragh!

LunarWeaver
03-16-2007, 05:53 PM
I give the day a general thumbs up, but then sit around doing nothing. I am a party monster, somebody just stop the madness.

DK
03-16-2007, 06:28 PM
Copious amounts of Guinness fgj

Lost Number
03-16-2007, 06:46 PM
4 kegs of guiness right from the gate for St Pats...not that import crap, the real stuff they serve there. Its thick enough to float a spoon in. Whats so ironic is that america celebrates with these stupid parades and stuff...nah, none of those around here. Unless you count everyone going home at closing time. Erin go bread and cheese!

black orb
03-16-2007, 07:07 PM
>>> That green beer looks tasty..

Rocket Edge
03-16-2007, 07:12 PM
>>> That green beer looks tasty..
Theres no better time to be drinking it than at the moment mr. orb. :monster:

Shauna
03-16-2007, 07:13 PM
I'm not doing anything today. Despite having Irish blood. :D

Well, I'll watch Comic Relief tonight. ;D

PyroManiak
03-16-2007, 07:17 PM
I colored my privates green with washable markers...just because I have no green sweat pants...so I improvised

The funny part is I had a physcial and the doctor laughed and then we had an akward silent moment...which was pretty creepy

Masami
03-16-2007, 07:29 PM
I have a little bit of Irish blood in me, but I've never really celebrated St. Patrick's Day. Other than wearing green so I wouldn't get pinched. :p

We're going out to drink tonight, but we'd be doing that anyway.

Dreddz
03-16-2007, 08:56 PM
Ive only ever celebrated St Patricks day once, and that was last year. It was fun, will celebrate it again this year too.

Mogi
03-16-2007, 09:08 PM
I haven't done anything today, nor am I.

I have nothing to do.

oddler
03-16-2007, 09:11 PM
The brother is getting a keg of Heineken to celebrate. I'll watch and make fun of those who partake. :)

edczxcvbnm
03-16-2007, 09:12 PM
I wonder if Darby O'Gill and the Little People will be on Television? The movie is awesome.

Mitch
03-16-2007, 10:21 PM
Yeah I'm pretty Irish so I'll be getting my drunk on.

Agrias
03-16-2007, 10:24 PM
i'm greek so i dont get to party :_;

they should make a greek day where we all smash plates and drink while dancing to greek music! OPAAHH! :D

Gabranth
03-16-2007, 10:25 PM
my friends and i are having an all-day keg and an all-night keg. in the underground fort that we built. no joke.

kikimm
03-16-2007, 10:26 PM
I will be enjoying a relaxing night at home. Unless my friends decide to call me. Besides pinching, though, I don't think we'd be doing anything remotely St. Patty's day oriented. Just the way I like it. I'm glad it's not on a school day this year.

edczxcvbnm
03-16-2007, 10:40 PM
So who else is making Corn Beef?

Yamaneko
03-16-2007, 11:03 PM
I'm going out drinkin' to celebrate the end of a tough quarter. I guess being St. Patrick's is an added bonus. Or an excuse.

Rocket Edge
03-16-2007, 11:07 PM
i'm greek so i dont get to party :_;
If you wear green, drink guiness, & listen to songs from Flogging Molly your as good as any Irish lass!

Provided you can hold your drink. :beer:

I'm going out drinkin' to celebrate the end of a tough quarter. I guess being St. Patrick's is an added bonus. Or an excuse.
In many eyes thats all it is, one big excuse too go drinking all day.

Not that people have any problem with that here. :p

Moomba Misstress
03-16-2007, 11:10 PM
I'm going to a party tomorrow with friends, though I don't drink much cause of my stomache, but I plan to watch my partially Irish friend get sloshed... and then drive his drunk ass home. xD Its gonna be a great time. :moomba:

KentaRawr!
03-17-2007, 01:50 AM
So who else is making Corn Beef?

ME! Along with cabbage. Except my Mom is making it. >_>

Some idiot today in school said "You have to wear IRISH green for people to not pinch you!" I wanted to punch him in the face. Hard.

Madame Adequate
03-17-2007, 01:57 AM
Haha, my friend's birthday is today.

Sooo, let's do a brief math equation here.

St. Patrick's Day + College-age birthday party = Hmmm... ya think maybe some drink might be involved?

Edit: And yeah, I consider myself Irish. British too, but Irish is more... predominant, I guess. 'cause I always liked it more there. Northern Ireland this is.

Slade
03-17-2007, 05:48 AM
Yes it does mean something to me, and not because of the drinking either. My primary school was called St Patrick's School and we were always told that it was a very special day. I guess that just stuck with me. I'm not a religious person but I still feel that this is a pretty special day.

:p :D :rolleyes2 :greenie:

Shadow8017
03-17-2007, 05:53 AM
Im part Irish and I just turned 21 last month.

Do the math :D

Callisto
03-17-2007, 07:44 AM
I have a very small amount of Irish blood, but it's enough of an excuse to drink it up this weekend. That and the fact it's a weekend. In reality, just being a weekend is good enough of an excuse for me.

Mitch
03-17-2007, 09:06 AM
Work can go screw itself.

Go Guinness!

Dagga
03-17-2007, 10:08 AM
Bring on the Parade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in it hahahah

Madame Adequate
03-17-2007, 11:42 AM
I have a very small amount of Irish blood, but it's enough of an excuse to drink it up this weekend. That and the fact it's a weekend. In reality, just being a weekend is good enough of an excuse for me.

The way people are, I think you're "Irish enough" if your grandad had a pint of Guiness. He didn't even have to like it. :p

Lost Number
03-17-2007, 01:31 PM
The way I see it, calling yourself British and Irish is contradiction in terms, due to the usual stuff about invasion and wars and stuff. Thats the reason i've officially forfeited my British nationality, so i'm pure irish. Still cant speak the language for :skull::skull::skull::skull:, mind.

Onto more St Paddys related issues, HAPPY ST PATS ONE AND ALL! (cept the british) AND I WILL SHOOT THE RADIO NEXT TIME I HEAR B*WITCHED.
I also have no head for my drink, as I only took a teeny bit of vodka last night and my head hurts. Hair of the dog, as they say, so, see youse all later.

Madame Adequate
03-17-2007, 02:13 PM
The way I see it, calling yourself British and Irish is contradiction in terms, due to the usual stuff about invasion and wars and stuff. Thats the reason i've officially forfeited my British nationality, so i'm pure irish. Still cant speak the language for :skull::skull::skull::skull:, mind.

Aye, but I'm talking about Northern Ireland, which is a different situation to the Free State. Plenty of people there consider themselves both Irish and British. Kinda the same way a lot of people consider themselves both English and British.

Grow up and join the rest of us in the 21st century. The wars are over now. Or you can continue to taint everyone's day by being a parochial bigot with a grudge.

Jings
03-17-2007, 05:12 PM
There are plenty of people in Northern Ireland who consider themsleves Northern Irish and British, I don't really see how that's a contradiction in terms. Like MILF said there are people in England, and Scotland for that matter, who see themselves as English/Scottish and British. Forfeiting your nationality because of the past? That sounds very clever.

Anyway, St Patricks day. Just another day in my books I'm afraid.

DK
03-17-2007, 06:16 PM
The Irish cricket team are definitely into the spirit of things today, kicking Pakistan's arse all over Jamaica, I love it.

edczxcvbnm
03-17-2007, 06:19 PM
Anyway, St Patricks day. Just another day in my books I'm afraid.

That is just because you are from the evil empire XD

Bart's Friend Milhouse
03-17-2007, 07:32 PM
St Patrice's Day, more like

~*~Celes~*~
03-17-2007, 09:15 PM
Kiss me...I'm Irish ;)

Sorry, I was just kidding ^^; I am part Irish though. Must be why I'm short.

Moon Rabbits
03-17-2007, 10:01 PM
I'm going out drinkin' <s>to celebrate the end of a tough quarter. </s> <b> because... er... </b> I guess being St. Patrick's is an added bonus. Or an excuse.

Catloaf
03-18-2007, 12:22 AM
Okay so everyone who feels like really haveing a unique "Irish" drink tonight should try this:

*The Irish Car Bomb*

1/2 Oz. Jameson's whiskey or the like

1 Oz. Bailey's Irish Cream or such

1 Pint Stout Beer (Guinness I suppose)

Mix the Jameson's and Bailey's together in a shot glass, then drop the mixture into the pint glass. Chug. Do it fast, because the mixture will congeal, but if you are a true Irishman (ie a fast drinker) then you will be treated to a suprisingly tasty -though very rich and rather intoxicating- beverage.

DK
03-18-2007, 12:37 AM
Ireland dumped Pakistan out of the World Cup in one of the most tense and exciting matches I've seen, definitely their day today.

Lost Number
03-18-2007, 01:26 AM

Aye, but I'm talking about Northern Ireland, which is a different situation to the Free State. Plenty of people there consider themselves both Irish and British. Kinda the same way a lot of people consider themselves both English and British.

Grow up and join the rest of us in the 21st century. The wars are over now. Or you can continue to taint everyone's day by being a parochial bigot with a grudge.

Gladly. And i'm from Northern Ireland. And i've had that section who consider themselves british and irish march past my house screaming about how they will kill me. I am not overly fond of them.

Now, I'm a little late, but I can still do this...probably.
Sinne Fianna Fáil
Atá faoi gheall ag Éirinn
Buíon dár slua
Thar toinn do ráinig chughainn
Faoi mhóid bheith saor
Sean-tír ár sinsear feasta
Ní fhágfar faoin tiorán ná faoin tráill
Anocht a théam sa bhearna bhaoil
Le gean ar Ghaeil chun báis nó saoil
Le gunna scréach faoi lámhach na bpiléar
Seo libh canaig Amhrán na bhFiann

And i'll get the picture up soon fellas.

Jojee
03-18-2007, 02:17 AM
I forgot all about it and so did all my friends and roommates :p

Ki Ki
03-18-2007, 08:45 PM
Irish CARBOMB!!111 =-o

Chemical
03-19-2007, 04:37 AM
St. Patti's usually means making out with my toilet.

Araciel and I went out with some of my friends to a couple of pubs and drank a bunch of beer.

I deffinately kissed my toilet that night.

Shlup
03-19-2007, 04:49 AM
My bestest friend is very Irish, so I often party with her family. We have corned beef and cabbage and green drinks.

But this year she got married! So yay! I actually was in charge of setting up the reception while the family was at the ceremony (waiting outside the Mormon temple, since they couldn't go in anyway).

And then I went to a party.

Nominus Experse
03-19-2007, 05:06 AM
I had sex, a Stout, cabbage soup and corned beef, and played Diablo. 'Twas a fine day indeed.

escobert
03-19-2007, 05:09 AM
I did the same things I do everyday.

Rocket Edge
03-19-2007, 03:29 PM
Wouldn't have been a paddies day without. :monster:

Bunny
03-19-2007, 03:31 PM
I woke up in somebody else's yard.

I do not know who this person was.

Thanks friends.

CimminyCricket
03-19-2007, 03:38 PM
lol, my st. patrick's day involved:

Redoing a crap ass computer;

Playing Diablo;

Working;

Playing Diablo;

Watching my friends get ABSOLUTELY smurfed up.

I enjoyed it.

theundeadhero
03-19-2007, 11:47 PM
I drank alcohol in the front yard of the colloseum. That Rugby game was in town, but I wasn't so interested in it. Last year I was in Savanah.

Callisto
03-20-2007, 05:40 AM
St. Patti's usually means making out with my toilet.

Araciel and I went out with some of my friends to a couple of pubs and drank a bunch of beer.

Been there...done that. They even reserved the room for me the next party. Ah well, made out alright this time. Least I could still walk with no assistance. :D

Casey
03-20-2007, 12:25 PM
well i went to a party friday and got pissed drunk and high and didnt really get any sleep until 10am in the morning, st patricks day. i made out with this one girl for hours on the floor, woke up and asked myself what the hell i did. was puking in the kitchen sink. then road home in the car puked some more. then i went home and went to sleep, and had a hung over all night... so i slept most of the night until sunday morning. it was fun... yeah. i got really depressed and regreted what i did. because i went against my morals, but then again it was because of me being drunk and having impaired judgement. ive been over it.