PDA

View Full Version : average levelling

i_like_ff8
03-16-2007, 09:26 PM
im trying to get the items for squalls lionheart
im in the training centre just before the secret area scene, ive been fighting t-rexaur for ages andhe wont drop any dragon fangs, i went to draw from him and suddenly noticed i could only draw fire and thunder,
but the guidebook says once you are levels 20-29 you draw fira and thundara and he drops dragon fangs,
squall is level 22 and quistis 21, but zell is only level 10 and selphie is 9
do i have to level them above level 20 to get dragon fangs?does the average level of monsters match squalls level, the entire party or the party im using

TheSpoonyBard
03-16-2007, 09:40 PM
Enemies will either be 80% or 120% of the average level of your three active party members.

Mirage
03-17-2007, 12:21 AM
Or +/- 20%, if you want.

Garnie
03-17-2007, 12:22 AM
im not sure maybe you should come back later when your other guys are lvled

i_like_ff8
03-17-2007, 12:46 AM
im not sure maybe you should come back later when your other guys are lvled

yeah thats what ive been doin now and im quite close, instaed of leaving for timber i went to the training centre and killed squall so he wont go over 30 or the dragon fangs wont be dropped be T-rexaur anymore:mog: Zells on level 19 and selphie 18 so im real close, but then again i heard it takes ages for dragon fangs to be dropped:mad:

i_like_ff8
03-17-2007, 02:31 PM
this is really getting annoying, ive been battlling t-rexaurs for almost 3 hours, ive been using the card command so i dont get exp and then wont go over level 30
and i still havent recieved 1 dragon fang!!:mad2: ! all i keep getting are thoses damn dino bones:mad:
does anyone know why they arent dropping any???

Mr. Revolution
03-18-2007, 04:30 AM
T-Rexaur? That's not a good way to get dragon fangs. Nope. What you want to fight are Grendels. They're found in the forest right before you reach Galbadia Garden (where you get hit by the dream sequence). Unfortunately, they only drop 'em when you're below level 20.

Frostwake
03-18-2007, 05:43 AM
T-Rexaur? That's not a good way to get dragon fangs. Nope. What you want to fight are Grendels. They're found in the forest right before you reach Galbadia Garden (where you get hit by the dream sequence). Unfortunately, they only drop 'em when you're below level 20.

Yep, just wanted to add that if you grind the mountain while in that forest you ALWAYS 100% fight grendels... so you can accumulate dragon fangs very easily

cloud21zidane16
03-18-2007, 02:44 PM
i take it youre not under level 20 anymore so you cant fight the grendels, just keep fighting the t-rexaurs eventually theyll drop dragon fangs, when they do drop them they usally drop lots at a time

Da5nake
03-18-2007, 10:57 PM

Yep, just wanted to add that if you grind the mountain while in that forest you ALWAYS 100% fight grendels... so you can accumulate dragon fangs very easily
rofl well that's a lost cause like cloud21zidane16 said "just keep fighting the t-rexaurs eventually theyll drop dragon fangs"
lol wow unless you want to restart the game it's totally up to you if you want to spend that time gaining back below level 20 and getting the fangs earlier than spending more than 3 hours in the training center..........