PDA

View Full Version : What annoys you when you travel?

Diango12
03-17-2007, 01:56 AM
Well I'll be traveling back to Japan pretty soon and yes I am excited. There's just one thing that bugs me. It seems wherever I go there's always these automated machine announcements practically mollycoddling me! And there everywhere!

let me give you an example: On the bus "don't forget anything when you get off", on an escalator "watch your step", on the beach "remember to wear sunscreen", outside of department stores "beware of fake beauty solicitors", etc etc

I spent a fair amount of the time at the beach last summer, and this was the announcements "The wind has changed direction, please adjust your umbrellas" and "The temperature is now 1/2 degree higher, please apply more sunscreen."...

Topic: What bugs you when you travel to foreign country's?

Vikeve
03-17-2007, 02:00 AM
What bugs me the most is the fact that I don't travel to foriegn countries and I wish I did.:p

I suppose what botheres me the most about traveling is if there is some kind of airplane delay and you have to wait like 3 hours for the plane to arrive.:mad: Or the way my brother makes it so hard on us to travel cuz all he wants to do is spend time with friends and not family so he makes us all suffer.

DarkZalera
03-17-2007, 02:49 AM
What bugs you when you travel to foreign country's?

Foreigners.

Martyr
03-17-2007, 02:50 AM
I don't like having to use publkic transportation when I don't know the language or where I'm going.

A big part of travelling, for me, is exploring, so I get lost a lot. And when you're lost and you don't know the language, things get tough.

Diango12
03-17-2007, 03:31 AM
A big part of travelling, for me, is exploring, so I get lost a lot. And when you're lost and you don't know the language, things get tough.

I love exploring so I uaslly end up roaming the streets until somewhere between 12:00 to 2:00 AM :(

But the most annoying thing is when foreigners suddenly start talking to you in half-assed English. They do it to me every time, like when I was in a record store this guy just pops out and say's "Hello-How-Are-You-Doing-Today." I say "umm Hi iam good you?.." He says "I-Like-You-Very-Much." ookkk.

Usually I get pissed when that happens but I learned to just ignore it and let them have there victory :rolleyes2

Rye
03-17-2007, 03:33 AM
The toilets in Italy are scary.

XxSephirothxX
03-17-2007, 03:36 AM
I really hate airports. Loud, chaotic, stressful, and expensive. The only real upside is the ability to see all sorts of interesting and/or crazy people.

Martyr
03-17-2007, 03:39 AM
I really hate airports. Loud, chaotic, stressful, and expensive. The only real upside is the ability to see all sorts of interesting and/or crazy people.

Actually, in some countries, the airport is the only place you can find a toilet that flushes well :sweatdrop

So they're kinda useful in my book, even though the toilets are not always the, erm, nicest places to be.

Jowy
03-17-2007, 03:41 AM
I hate guarding my luggage with my life.

Agrias
03-17-2007, 03:46 AM
i hate looking like i'm eight cause then pedo's follow me around and it creeps me out. ¬_¬

Diango12
03-17-2007, 04:00 AM
You're snake eyes were ineffective then? ^_^

The toilets in Italy are scary.

The toilets in japan are even scarier, well depends can you adjust to speaking with one?

There's also male urinals in the lady's toilet- why? I don't know. I think its for the mother's young sons who come in with them.

Agrias
03-17-2007, 04:03 AM
You're snake eyes were ineffectivethen? ^_^

lol! i dont haaaaveee snake eyess!! D: they're big! like this O_O
which is another reason why pedo's think im eight :_;

Vincent, Thunder God
03-17-2007, 04:07 AM
-Longer flights tend to cause terrible ear pain due to air pressure.
-My diet tends to get screwed up - it's unbalanced, which leads to... other difficulties...
-I may have trouble getting to sleep if I find the new location uncomfortable, really unfamiliar, or I'm sleeping in a room with someone snoring - my dad always used to do that when I would go on trips with him.

Diango12
03-17-2007, 04:08 AM
lol! i dont haaaaveee snake eyess!! D: they're big! like this O_O
which is another reason why pedo's think im eight :_;

awww you poor baby, iam sorry :sad:

-Longer flights tend to cause terrible ear pain due to air pressure.

God I hate that!

Yuffie514
03-17-2007, 09:28 AM
i travel to Asia a lot, so obviously these things are on the list:

- jet lag and being in my seat for over half the day.
- being able to see the bottom of the toilet.
- the humidity of summer. it's dry heat in Arizona.

Zeldy
03-17-2007, 11:01 AM
I only ever go to hot foriegn countries, so thats something I hate as I strongly dislike Summer and heat.
I hate the fact that planes are so heavy air conditioned. A few years ago, we arrived in Majorca on the hottest day ever recorded, got off the plane and the heat just hits you xD I almost fainted. Huge contrast from leaving Liverpool grey clouded and raining to that.

The language doesn't bother me much, as more or less everybody speaks some English, and there are English bars etc everywhere.
My parents always get non-air conditioned apartments too, so I sleep on the balcony usually, and get eaten by Mosquitos :{

41-Inches-Wide
03-17-2007, 11:03 AM
What annoys me is when my companion goes droopy with jet lag. I am huge on traveling and my companions always need to rest for the day but I'm raring to go sites, stores immediately and I always pester my companions with, "what the hell LET'S go NOW NOW".

Leen-Leen
03-18-2007, 12:02 AM
Jet lag and going on the airplanes, period. I hate airplanes. And also the fact that sometimes you feel so overwhelmed because you have no idea to act or something.

Old Manus
03-18-2007, 12:50 AM
Smallpox

Christmas
08-29-2022, 02:14 PM
People. Why can't everyone just stay at home and post on a FF Forum instead of annoying me? :(