PDA

View Full Version : missing person thread

limallama
03-17-2007, 01:39 PM
so, on the very first visit to balamb town, i foolishly challenged this girl to a card game in balamb town square (the entrance, where the car rental is)

after losing the game, she took my ifrit card and i left, thinking i'd win it back when i actually have more than 1 decent card.

so imagine my surprise when i return to balamb with my battle scarred diablos, minotaur, sacred, mobile type-8 and biggs/wedge cards, only to find she has disappeared.

does anyone know where she's gone/ if she'll ever come back?

the ifrit card info still says "area - balamb-town square", but i've searched all over balamb and im pretty sure shes not there.

i know the cards not really important, but it probably holds a sentimental value.

thank you for reading all of that

Da5nake
03-17-2007, 05:15 PM
well let's just say that you will have to go in and out at certain times to battle that person again......... but you know what?..... it's always good to save before challenging anyone. and wow you lost all those good cards. o.O you don't understand the rules to game now do you?.... even though strength doesn't matter when you have the smarts to know about strategy and math. I've lost Pandemona before and returned to that person and got it back after 50, and yes i counted, games with the card holder, at the same time i lost/won Carbuncle, Siren, Ultimecia. but if you lose this early then i can just imagine you losing to the Card Quest members.......

Xurts
03-17-2007, 06:00 PM
well let's just say that you will have to go in and out at certain times to battle that person again......... but you know what?..... it's always good to save before challenging anyone. and wow you lost all those good cards. o.O you don't understand the rules to game now do you?.... even though strength doesn't matter when you have the smarts to know about strategy and math. I've lost Pandemona before and returned to that person and got it back after 50, and yes i counted, games with the card holder, at the same time i lost/won Carbuncle, Siren, Ultimecia. but if you lose this early then i can just imagine you losing to the Card Quest members.......
Ultimecia doesn't have a card, sorry. You should really take your own advice and save before challenging anyone.

limallama, unfortunately, I don't know where she is. If you can't find her, there's always the option of getting Ifrit back from the CC members in Disc 4.

Da5nake
03-17-2007, 06:30 PM
Ultimecia doesn't have a card, sorry. You should really take your own advice and save before challenging anyone.

well i was thinking of the possessor . lol but yeah i meant to say Edea. ^_^ and yeah when ever i lose i restart my position lol but the rules are not to my liking which adds more frustration to card game........ the CC Members are hard i don't like the leader lol she got a few of my cards lol but i also took some good cards from her and got mine back ^_^ after 4hours of playing her >.<

Xurts
03-17-2007, 07:11 PM

well i was thinking of the possessor . lol but yeah i meant to say Edea. ^_^ and yeah when ever i lose i restart my position lol but the rules are not to my liking which adds more frustration to card game........ the CC Members are hard i don't like the leader lol she got a few of my cards lol but i also took some good cards from her and got mine back ^_^ after 4hours of playing her >.<
If you don't like the rules in a certain region then abolish them.

The CC members shouldn't be a problem at all. By the time they become available to challenge you should be able to win easily. No offense, but it sounds to me like you need to develop some more strategy and math.

Da5nake
03-18-2007, 10:47 PM

The CC members shouldn't be a problem at all. By the time they become available to challenge you should be able to win easily. No offense, but it sounds to me like you need to develop some more strategy and math.
well that's true but some rules i don't like. the rule of the cards i don't like is Direct, Diff, All ( i don't like them if i lose lol.) but at times when abolish some rules i get another rule in its place...... like Random. But my math skills are at a stalemate when i use them, i end up going into sudden death or just end in a draw....... but it all depends on the cards i use. (Squall, Zell, Rinoa, Bahamut, Seifer.) But at times the cards come out at random.........

Xurts
03-18-2007, 11:19 PM

well that's true but some rules i don't like. the rule of the cards i don't like is Direct, Diff, All ( i don't like them if i lose lol.) but at times when abolish some rules i get another rule in its place...... like Random. But my math skills are at a stalemate when i use them, i end up going into sudden death or just end in a draw....... but it all depends on the cards i use. (Squall, Zell, Rinoa, Bahamut, Seifer.) But at times the cards come out at random.........
Direct, Diff, All, and One are trade rules. They are different from the actual playing rules. Elemental, Random, Open, Same, etc. are playing rules, and are much easier to manipulate than trading rules.

Whenever you play a card game in a region, you will be carrying that region's rules with you. That is why people will ask if you want to mix rules when you play in a different region carrying rules which are not used in the region you are in. If you play a game in Balamb and then you play a game in Dollet, you will be asked to mix rules because Dollet does not have the rule that Balamb uses, which is Open (this is assuming both regions have default rules). That is why other rules spread after you abolish another, and also why you only want to mix rules when you want to change them in a region.

You use Rinoa? Why? Her top and bottom sides are going to be taken by pretty much anything, and the only times where laying it would be useful is if both her weak sides are blocked. If you are far enough to have Bahamut, then then the cards that are available should be enough to murder any opponent with ease.

xtrava
03-19-2007, 01:07 AM
You can get it by winning it from Martine Dodonna at Fishermans Horizon (this is if you havnt already gotten it that way I guess...)

Although... I think that might be after you give Ifrit to Rinoa's Dad to play him for Rinoa's card in which case you've got an even bigger problem when it comes to collecting cards =[

Levian
03-19-2007, 01:55 AM
Hmm, it should be impossible to lose a card like that, so I'd say come back to Balamb Town after you've progressed a bit in the game. I guess challenging Martine when that time comes is worth a shot too.

xtrava
03-19-2007, 02:24 AM
Hope you can get it! <3 Triple Triad :D

Btw, do you mind if I ask where abouts in South East of England you're from? I'm also South East England, small world. :D

Xurts
03-19-2007, 04:09 AM
I don't think Martine will have Ifrit. Martine's best cards are level 7, and he has Ifrit because you have to lose it to General Caraway first.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
03-19-2007, 11:26 AM
There's a girl wearing maroon near the place where guy fishing is. Try playing other people in Balamb. There's a possibility someone else might have acquired it (remember there are a couple of people whom you can win the Quistis card)

And what's this card info? Does this actually tell you the location of every rare card?

Levian
03-19-2007, 12:35 PM
It tells you where you lost the card, so it won't say anything if you haven't acquired the card in the first place.

limallama
03-19-2007, 09:52 PM
limallama, unfortunately, I don't know where she is. If you can't find her, there's always the option of getting Ifrit back from the CC members in Disc 4.

do the CC members only appear on disc 4? i'm on disc 3 and i've only found Club at the moment.

how do you abolish rules? i'm so sick of random, someone told me to mod all my weak cards when random was on, but i don't have card mod yet, hehe, and it turns out i missed alexander/doomtrain as well, maybe i should just start again...

Btw, do you mind if I ask where abouts in South East of England you're from? I'm also South East England, small world. :D

town called sidcup in greater london, =]

oh, and thanks for all the help everyone =D

xtrava
03-19-2007, 10:40 PM
Cool, I was born in London.

So, no luck with the cards? :(

Garnie
03-19-2007, 11:04 PM
my irit card was lost
i never got it back.

Xurts
03-22-2007, 03:34 AM

do the CC members only appear on disc 4? i'm on disc 3 and i've only found Club at the moment.

how do you abolish rules? i'm so sick of random, someone told me to mod all my weak cards when random was on, but i don't have card mod yet, hehe, and it turns out i missed alexander/doomtrain as well, maybe i should just start again...

town called sidcup in greater london, =]

oh, and thanks for all the help everyone =D
Nope. You have to beat all of them before they'll be in Disc 4.

What you do is play a game in a region with rules that the region where you want to abolish rules does not have. For example, if you want to abolish Random in a region like Dollet, then play a game in a region like Balamb, Galbadia, etc. that uses rules that Dollet does not use. Then, play a game in Dollet. You will be asked to mix rules, say yes. When the game starts, immediately select Quit. After the game ends, you should get a message of either having a rule spread or having a rule abolished. Keep resetting the game until the rule you want is abolished. It will take several resets, but eventually it will be abolished. BTW, there must be at least 1 rule in a region. That last rule cannot be abolished unless you spread something else first.

You can still get Alexander. Just go to the Lunar Crash Site (southern Esthar continent) and play the guy there (I forgot his name). Then use Alexander to get Doomtrain.

Da5nake
03-22-2007, 03:58 PM
You use Rinoa? Why? Her top and bottom sides are going to be taken by pretty much anything, and the only times where laying it would be useful is if both her weak sides are blocked. If you are far enough to have Bahamut, then then the cards that are available should be enough to murder any opponent with ease.
well Rinoa comes at random, i can't do anything about that. I have obtained Bahamut, Triple Triad was easy to get lol.;) well I lost my chance at ever getting Rinoa's dog.... :mad: well i got to waste minimog and Rinoa so they won't come out when i draw cards at random. The card that is hardest most effort put card to get is... Pupu lol. in my opinion lol........ Martine has lost all his good cards to me lol. i lost purposely to the General, and won Ifrit back from Martine after taking all his good cards lol.......