PDA

View Full Version : try these challenges.

boys from the dwarf
03-17-2007, 05:34 PM
Any random relatively unheard of video game challenges that you know of?

for gun games like time crisis, play the game using only one hand and also, one foot. its quite fun.

you can make it so you can change for foot and hand or you could go for endurance on just one foot and one hand. i did it for a while on vampire night but i got a bit bored of it.

there are loads of fun challenges if you just use imagination.

a fun thing to do with FFs or just about any other RPG is the make it so each character has a specialized class and is only allowed certain abilities and items. that wouldn't work on FF1 ( or at least not very well.) it would work best with FFs like FF7,8 and 10. theres a guide on gamefaqs for FFXII where there are suggestions for classes and what there limits are on the licence boards which seems interesting.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/459841.html

i hope we can make some fun out of this thread.

Shin Gouken
03-17-2007, 07:04 PM
Hmmm i was thinking of testing myself with a new and exiting challenge.... but tbh one hand gaming and class restriction aren't what i'm looking for. what else you got?

Slicksword45
03-17-2007, 07:38 PM
Knife only in res evil 4? :D

boys from the dwarf
03-17-2007, 08:02 PM
one weapons challenges are good.

there are all the challenges we hear about regularly in the forums so something new.

i dont have anything right now.

Shin Gouken
03-17-2007, 09:10 PM
Knife only in res evil 4? :D

that sounds awesome :D however i don't quite have what it takes. Ive seen knife challenges for previous resy evil games, they always look good

Slicksword45
03-17-2007, 09:42 PM
I tryed a "Old" weapons only challange in Res. Evil 4. I got to chapter 2-2 before giveing up.

the conditions were:

- You can only use the Knife, shotgun, Red9, Rifle (Not semi-auto), and Broken Butterfly.

- you must play on professinal

- You can only hold two weapons at a time (not including knife)

- No grenades

I also did a Kingdom key only challange in Kingdom hearts and KH 2 :D

Dreddz
03-17-2007, 11:10 PM
DDR doing a handstand.

Cruise Control
03-17-2007, 11:24 PM
FF8, find a compelling plot.

Gnostic Yevon
03-18-2007, 12:34 AM
The most interesting FF challenge I've seen is for FF12. Basicly, you choose a job for each character. As the game progresses you can only use the "typical" weapons and skills for each job. So if Ashe is the white mage, you have to use Rods, and can only teach her white and green magics.

Old Manus
03-18-2007, 12:37 AM
Walk your way through an RPG.

Ryth
03-18-2007, 12:38 AM
FF8, find a compelling plot.

The thread has been won, it no longer needs to exist.

Eiko Guy
03-18-2007, 01:17 AM
You could try a no items challenge, original equipment, or no armor challenge

boys from the dwarf
03-18-2007, 06:55 PM
Heres a great one for friends with time crisis games.

do the actions the characters do.

duck when they duck E.T.C.

really fun to do with friends.

Croyles
03-18-2007, 11:42 PM
Mario cart with two people (the one where two people can control one cart) The person controlling sits on a spinnable desk chair. If your cart hits a banana peel, the other person spins you around and you have to try and carry on playing (somehow NOT getting tangled up with the controller cord). If you shrink, then the second person lowers your chair. If you fall off the track, the second person tilts the chair forward until you hear a satisfying 'thunk'. :D
If you swap drivers, you have to quickly sit down instead of your partner.
Great fun!

Spammerman
03-18-2007, 11:46 PM
We need a directory of challenges on the main page. that would rock. Everyone could add one. im playing Gears of War, just beat it on hardcore today, and I was wondering if someone had a challenge for me, on Insane. Any ideas?