PDA

View Full Version : Wikipedia meet Conservapedia

Diango12
03-17-2007, 05:58 PM
This is either a liberal joke or a serious conservative venture. Sadly, I think it's the latter.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Main_Page

On the Issac newton

Sir Isaac Newton was one of the inventors of calculus and the propsed the theory of gravity (It should be noted that gravity, like evolution, is just a theory and has never been proven to be true).

On the theory of relativity

Most conservatives are skeptical since science is supposed to be about finding proof before a theory becomes a fact, not after.

On Albert Einstein

Albert Einstein's work had nothing to do with the development of the atomic bomb, contrary to popular opinion

And, this is the scariest, on the origin of kangaroos

Like all modern animals, modern kangaroos originated in the Middle East and are the descendants of the two founding members of the modern kangaroo baramin that were taken aboard Noah's Ark prior to the Great Flood.

Also according to creation science theories, after the Flood, kangaroos bred from the Ark passengers migrated to Australia. There is debate whether this migration happened over land[2] -- as Australia was still for a time connected to Europe by a land bridge similar to the one that connected Asia to America[3] -- or if they rafted on mats of vegetation torn up by the receding flood waters.[2] Another theory is that God simply generated kangaroos into existence there.

Here is the wiki article on it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservapedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservapedia)

This should be a good lesson for all of you. The internets is serious buisness! XD

Jowy
03-17-2007, 06:00 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/psycho_mantis/1171574558590.png

Renmiri
03-17-2007, 06:07 PM
This is the first Wiki that doesn't allow edits ever!!!

Sounds legit.

I hope the Conservatives follow this trend and go to "Conservative doctors": Prayer and leeches instead of medicines made by "unproven theories", spiritual guidance and confession booths instead of diagnostic....

Tavrobel
03-17-2007, 06:15 PM
LOL religion.

Peegee
03-17-2007, 06:16 PM
Why am I suddenly expecting to find a KKKpedia.com coming out soon?

Martyr
03-17-2007, 08:55 PM
I think the idea of kangaroos floating to Australia on leaf rafts is far more impressive than the idea that God crated kangaroos in Australia.

But other than that, this all sounds about correct.

escobert
03-17-2007, 09:19 PM
My god has come.

Old Manus
03-17-2007, 09:20 PM
I want to read about the stork delivering babies

Roto13
03-17-2007, 09:26 PM
Wikiality is better.

http://www.wikiality.com/

Fonzie
03-17-2007, 09:35 PM
LOL religion.

~*~Celes~*~
03-17-2007, 09:42 PM
XD oh my goodness...I LOVE the conservatist one.

Mirage
03-17-2007, 09:52 PM
Uncyclopedia (http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Main_Page), guys.

Try their article on the USA.

Dr Unne
03-17-2007, 10:03 PM
Worse: http://creationwiki.org/Main_Page

LunarWeaver
03-17-2007, 10:05 PM

Something about this had me laughing forever :hahaha:

As for all this specific-wiki-ness, the things on the internet hurt me.

Vincent, Thunder God
03-17-2007, 10:35 PM

Taken from the article...

"Also sometimes known as "The worlds greatest Hypocracy" or "The Leader of the Opressing world". The USA is bent on freeing the rest of the world by introducing "Democracy" (by force) so that their people can make free decisions (selling the USA all their oil for a mediocre price) and live in 'free doom' or just plain civil war(reference:Iraq)."

:jess: :hahaha:

Captain Maxx Power
03-17-2007, 10:45 PM
Thankfully the sheer ridiculousness of such things is so extreme that only the most conservative and close-minded of people will believe a single word, and usually those people are jerks.

Cruise Control
03-17-2007, 10:50 PM
Why am I suddenly expecting to find a KKKpedia.com coming out soon?Just checked, nothing yet.

Firo Volondé
03-18-2007, 01:28 AM

or Chuck Norris (http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Norris)

ljkkjlcm9
03-18-2007, 02:09 AM
I highly doubt it's a serious conservative en devour, or at least not one any real conservative would even give two shytes about.

THE JACKEL

Jojee
03-18-2007, 02:11 AM
Why am I suddenly expecting to find a KKKpedia.com coming out soon?Just checked, nothing yet. Ahaha, who wants to make one with me to mock all these new Wiki things :p

Seriously, that's pretty funny.

Mitch
03-19-2007, 06:11 AM
New Zealand was first colonised in 1206 by the Japanese empire under the leadership of shogun Tokugawa Ieyasu. The Japanese first settled in the north Island, naming it Tsuchinomo, or "Island of the southern sea", named after its geographical location. The capital of Tokyoburi, or new Tokyo, was first built where Auckland currently stands. In 1456 the Russian empire claimed the southern Island of New Zealand and named it Kiervniev, or "Southernmost province". Their capital Vodkagrad, or Vodka City, is named after its abundance of wild potatoes, and is located where Christchurch now stands. In 1572 the Russians tried to take the northern Island of New Zealand, thus resulting in the Russo-Japanese war. After six months of intense fighting the two sides decided to call a truce, with each empire retaining their respective province.

On the 13th of June 1784 Australia who were at the time extremely loyal to Britain, and Britain itself, launched two assults simultaneously on the Russian and Japanese colonies. The assult was a massive millitary victory, with the Australians gaining control of the Tsuchimono and Britain gaining control of Kiervneiv. The two Islands were assimilated into the British empire as one province, New Zealand, with the Islands simply being named the North and South islands respectively. The British renaimed Tokyoburi Aukland and Vodkagrad was renamed Christchurch. The British then evicted the Japanese and Russian colonists and replaced them with British colonists.

The population is mostly native Māori, with a substantial European minority. Non-Māori Polynesian and Asian people are also significant minorities, especially in urban areas. Māori is the only official language of New Zealand, but English is widely spoken in areas with a large European population. Elizabeth II, as the Queen of New Zealand, is the Head of State and is represented, in her absence, by a non-partisan Governor-General; the Queen 'reigns but does not rule', so she has no real political influence. Political power is held by the democratically-elected Parliament of New Zealand under the leadership of the Prime Minister who is the Head of Government.

:(

Jebus
03-19-2007, 08:03 AM
Flagellum
From Conservapedia
Jump to: navigation, search

The bacterial flagellum is a threadlike appendage present in many unicellular organisms. Bacteria use their flagellum as a means of propulsion through a fluid environment. A flagellum familiar to many is present on a certain common but unmentionable cell typically ejaculated in slimy, salty-tasting wads in acts of reproduction or extreme sin.
[edit] The Flagellum and Irreducible Complexity

The bacterial flagellum is the champion of the theory of irreducible complexity; a school of study that destroys Darwinism and evolutionary ideas at its most basic principle. Evolution postulates that all life forms on Earth developed over millions of years from lesser organisms. This is, of course, contrary to what God says in the book of Genesis. The obvious hole in this scientific theory is that if components of living organisms are the result of gradual developments of lesser components, then component of a living mechanism must have an individual purpose. If the bacterial flagellum is an evolved mechanism, its component parts must also have independent uses, otherwise these components could never converge into a cohesive system. Unfortunately for secular progressives who seek to undermine to divine word of God, this is not true. The component parts of a bacterial flagellum can have no individual use.

The bacterial flagellum joins the ranks of other important entities cited as proof that Earth was built under the logic of the Christian God, namely:

* The Banana.
* The "Stacked Bowling Ball" theory.
* Chemical compositions of cashew nuts grown in varying climates.
* Correlations between zodiac belief and unnatural death.
* Thermal reactions observed during homosexual encounters.
* Airspeed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow

Well, if anyone wasn't sure this was a joke site, this might be proof enough. Although it might just be the result of an attack.

Either way, this site is full of lulz

NeoCracker
03-19-2007, 08:09 AM
Jebus, that is the funniest Article I have yet to read.

Madame Adequate
03-19-2007, 11:11 AM
Conservapedia is basically under constant and total attack from not-fundies. What's scary is that it's hard to tell the difference between what they genuinely believe, and what's parody.

Bunny
03-19-2007, 12:38 PM
Most conservatives are skeptical since science is supposed to be about finding proof before a theory becomes a fact, not after.

Also according to creation science theories, after the Flood, kangaroos bred from the Ark passengers migrated to Australia. There is debate whether this migration happened over land[2] -- as Australia was still for a time connected to Europe by a land bridge similar to the one that connected Asia to America[3] -- or if they rafted on mats of vegetation torn up by the receding flood waters.[2] Another theory is that God simply generated kangaroos into existence there.

*giggle*

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-19-2007, 06:37 PM
The constant attacks may also explain why it's doing better in the Alexa ratings that the other main conservative sites.

Jebus
03-19-2007, 06:52 PM
No. This site is a joke. Nobody is that stupid.

*in denial*

Tavrobel
03-19-2007, 08:13 PM
No. This site is a joke. Nobody is that stupid.

*in denial*

And thus in this example, we begin the five stages of death dealing with Conservatives.

Nominus Experse
03-19-2007, 08:15 PM
Whether it's meant as a joke or not, I am incapable of taking any of it seriously regardless of its original intentions.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-19-2007, 08:42 PM
I'm fairly certain this is not a joke, by the way.

Shlup
03-19-2007, 08:43 PM
This is exactly why God invented evolution.

McLovin'
03-19-2007, 08:54 PM
That's why people hate America.

Bunny
03-19-2007, 08:56 PM

People hate America because they are jealous of Freedom and our President.

McLovin'
03-19-2007, 09:00 PM
That too. :)

Mirage
03-19-2007, 10:57 PM
You have more freedom than what's for your own good.

StarlightAngel
03-19-2007, 11:18 PM
Video games have borrowed both content and marketing strategy from contemporary film for both better and worse. Some current titles encourage ridiculously senseless violence, cop-killing and even prostitution. A rating system has been introduced and parents should be acutely aware that many of the titles are much different than Pong or Ms. Pac Man.

You know it's a sad day when someone needs to tell you this.

But uhh... this site amuses me and makes me want to cry at the same time =D

eestlinc
03-20-2007, 03:49 AM
you will only be blocked for violating command 5 if you repeatedly change words from American spelling to another spelling.

blim
03-20-2007, 05:16 AM

I know this is off-topic so apologies but that was a joke right?

Nominus Experse
03-20-2007, 07:25 AM
NO IT WAS NOT
THEY ARE ALSO JEALOUS THAT OUR PRESIDENT SPEAKS DIRECTLY WITH 'OL PAT EVERY THURSDAY.

God damn I hate capitol letters...

Bunny
03-20-2007, 12:32 PM

I know this is off-topic so apologies but that was a joke right?

It most certainly is(n't). George W. Bush is the greatest president to ever walk these lands. I dare you to name a president that has done more for this country and the world as a whole. Nope! Stop right there. It can't even been done. See? You failed. Good job.

I like how video games encourage violence. And yet, I am an extremely unviolent, almost pacifistic, person despite having played video games since before I could walk. Oh well, I guess not every article can be a winner.

Doomie
03-20-2007, 03:26 PM
This site is waaaaaaaay cooler: http://www.wonkypedia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Also, if it was already posted, I'm sorry. I didn't feel like reading all these posts.

starseeker
03-20-2007, 05:56 PM
That site is simply reinforcing the rampant Anti-American stereotypes I have grown up with.

scrumpleberry
04-26-2007, 07:51 PM
Good God, I feel sick.

Glad my parents raised me to have my own opinions with a basis in y'know, FACT and RATIONAL THOUGHT.

The fact that there are people like this in the world really scares me. :cry:

Also, I love uncyclopedia and this

is class.

ReloadPsi
04-26-2007, 08:06 PM

You took the words right out of my mouth. I particularly like the article on FF7.

That site is simply reinforcing the rampant Anti-American stereotypes I have grown up with.

This too.

Yes, the thought of another country which is so free that they have a president who has said their "ought to be limits to freedom" makes me green with envy.

bipper
04-26-2007, 08:25 PM
Yeah I think this is sad. I think it is also sterotypical the way it is being precieved and sought as a representation for what is actually concervative.

The satire should be blatantly visible, as well as fucking hilarious. A wikki that can't be edited. As much as I disagree with the satire; it is well done.

Though yeah, it is quite representative of AMERICAN concervatism - through satire.

Bunny
04-26-2007, 08:30 PM

Yes, the thought of another country which is so free that they have a president who has said their "ought to be limits to freedom" makes me green with envy.

Shhhh go drink some tea.

Jowy
04-26-2007, 08:36 PM
Man, that Kyon-kun facepalm sure gets a well deserved amount of applause.

Acid Raine
04-27-2007, 05:34 AM
My favorite part so far is in the STDs article

People who have been sexually active before marriage can transmit their sexual diseases to their partner after marriage, therefore failure to use proper protection with a spouse can still lead to infection.

ahh I am going to be up all night having fun with this.