PDA

View Full Version : judge ghis

RyanML
03-17-2007, 06:40 PM
hey,

im supposed to go and fight judge ghis (first time i dunno if you have to fight him again) and im finding it stupidly hard considering my people are battered from fighting all the random people when coming from where you rescue ashe and penelo, any kind of strategy? what sorta levels should i be?

Setzer Gabianni
03-17-2007, 06:57 PM
I had this problem. All I can suggest is selling any loot you require for battles, buy items, etc. Turn your Gambits off, and run for the hills. It's what I did. I had to heal several characters. Levels? 13-16 tbh.

If you're having trouble here, you won't like Sochen cave palace =P

LunarWeaver
03-17-2007, 07:01 PM
Isn't this where the alarm is going off non-stop *tries to remember*. There are a couple panels you can turn that alarm off and stop the enemies from coming for like 60 seconds or so. One of them is outside the place you get Ashe, right before the hallways n' such. Then just do what Setzer said and hold R2 and run like a maniac :cat:.

f f freak
03-17-2007, 07:02 PM
I was level twelve when I beat him. I just used quickenings. Ashe, Penelo and Basch was my team. I was able to inflict 8500 damage or so. The guards died with him. It's a very simple battle. Also if you are having trouble with your hp before the fight then cast the cure spell then just run around and let your mp restore itself.

Little Blue
03-17-2007, 07:25 PM
lol, I was so confused when I fought this battle... It started and the gambits attacked the nearby soldiers, I didn't even know where ghis was... When I found him I did quickenings on him, got him down to about a tenth of his life, told my people to attack him and before I knew it his hat popped off... Didn't even see anyone hit him :confused: I'm just going to have to pay attention when I replay :p

Setzer Gabianni
03-17-2007, 07:28 PM
I had no quickenings at that point o.o

Angel_from_hell
03-17-2007, 08:09 PM
When I first meet Judge Ghis I wanted to test to do a quickening chain for the first time in the game and I did one and got Inferno and It killed him directly so the battle was over before it even had started.

If your level is good enough then you wouldnīt have any bigger problam with the soldiers showing up all the time. I leveled my characthers untill they could defeat the soldiers showing up. So I didnīt need to run all the way down to were Ghis can be found.

Emindra
03-17-2007, 08:31 PM
I don't remember levels, but I just kept Penelo far from the soldiers and judge. First I killed those soldiers and then the judge. Penelo was so useless so she was doing cure and throwing phoenixdowns. I didn't have quickenings either. It was pretty hard battle and I tried about three times before winning.

Hazzard
03-17-2007, 08:32 PM
That was such an easy battle. I was like level 10 and had no quickenings and just batter down on him...Mainly cause i had a fair amount of money to buy weapons and stuff.

ValiantKnight
03-17-2007, 08:46 PM
I believe you can have dark by then. It was useful in dispatching the soldiers if memory serves. If you don't then perhaps try the advice of the others in the topic.

Hazzard
03-17-2007, 08:48 PM
Oh hey-train up in that area, because that is where i trained most of the time then i ran back to the save point after wiping out all the soldiers in those two areas.

This is the best advice i can give you, cause it really helped me!

Renmiri
03-17-2007, 09:01 PM
I overlevelled (20 to 22) but some people beat him at 10 by doing what Setzer said.

Emindra
03-17-2007, 09:24 PM
I thought then that it would be good to be the same level as the guest. Vossler was something like level 15 is that right? If you are something like that you are not much behind in levels. New weapons are handful too.

No.78
03-17-2007, 09:41 PM
I used a quickening chain... And.. That's it.

xtrava
03-17-2007, 10:06 PM
I did a quickening chain as soon as the battle started...and...err...he died. I was like, "oh..err, that was difficult and fun".

Never knew he was actually difficult because he never actually ever hit anyone, I missed the whole fight :( lol

ValiantKnight
03-18-2007, 06:05 AM
I was always under the assumption that guests joined at Vaan's level + 2-5?

5 being our 2handed sword person, and 2 being the shorter guest.
I can't remember for the dual wielding. However I believe all of them are relative based off Vaan's level. If not, then off party average.
However,
32(vaan), 32, 25, 24, 31, 25
And the short guest joined at level 34.

Anyway, off subtopic from Emindra.

Quickenings can easily win battles early on. However many people do not have access to these, and it just seems a pretty cheap way to win, merely in my opinion.
Dark gives you area based damage, while if you need levels, there is a save crystal I believe.
Status effects may help you as well. Guess and Test.

xtrava
03-18-2007, 02:27 PM
All the characters levels are worked out differently...

Balthier and Fran are Vaans level + 1.
Basch = Vaans level + 2.
Ashe = Average of the two highest levels + 1.
Penelo = Same as Vaan first time you fight with her, then the next time she joins its the average of the two highest levels.

I wont bother with the guest and support characters.

Is that what you were talking about, their level when they join? Otherwise ignore this lol.

:)

ValiantKnight
03-18-2007, 07:32 PM
yes, basically

Roto13
03-18-2007, 08:46 PM
I'm replaying the game right now. I beat him this morning. I used a string of 12 rapenings quickenings.

xtrava
03-18-2007, 08:53 PM
I bet he loved it ;)

Setzer Gabianni
03-18-2007, 09:10 PM
oi! Ghis is mine, none of you fuckers will be raping him <.<

xtrava
03-18-2007, 09:45 PM
Okay, tard.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-19-2007, 12:59 AM
We don't call other people "tard" or otherwise insult them on this site, xtrava. Don't do it again.

Formalhaut
03-19-2007, 10:42 PM
Bad boy. Anyway on topic Im not at that stage yet. Phew but I suggest any levels above 13. IMHO anyway.

:choc2:Have a nice day/night!:choc2:

xtrava
03-19-2007, 10:51 PM
We don't call other people "tard" or otherwise insult them on this site, xtrava. Don't do it again.

He called me a tard first in a different thread...He's allowed, but I am not? Hmm...Interesting hipocracy.

Markus. D
03-19-2007, 10:57 PM
Definetly have someone cast Blind on him as soon as you have killed the guards! :D!

once the guards are dead.

hack and slash away ^_^

Skyblade
03-20-2007, 03:43 PM
Personally, I dislike the run like heck strategy. Discretion may be the better part of valor, but it isn't as much fun as beating the heck out of your opponent. Clear the airship! At least the room right before Ghis. There are only so many enemies in there, even with the alarm. Once they are all gone, heal up and walk around while you wait for your MP to return, then walk in, kill the bodyguards, rob the jerk, and unleash a Quickening. Trade out your team, and unleash another one. He shouldn't last long at all. (I actually killed him with a single Quickening, but I probably levelled more than you did [Ashe was level 23]).

Levian
03-20-2007, 04:13 PM

He called me a tard first in a different thread...He's allowed, but I am not? Hmm...Interesting hipocracy.

None of you are allowed to. If someone insults you, report the post that you find offensive and let us deal with it.

DK
03-20-2007, 04:27 PM
Ooo Levian you are so sexy when you have your business face on :aimkiss:

xtrava
03-20-2007, 04:51 PM

None of you are allowed to. If someone insults you, report the post that you find offensive and let us deal with it.

I'd rather just do the same back, I'm sure neither of us actually think the other person suffers from retardation. I'm sure we are both over it, no need to run and tell the teacher.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-20-2007, 06:25 PM
If you continue to do the same back, you will be banned.