PDA

View Full Version : Square sued their asses off for this XD

Jessweeee♪
03-17-2007, 11:27 PM
Check out this music video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiM29NZtOeU&eurl=http://kotaku.com/gaming/final-fantasy-vii/clip-korean-video-rips+off-ff-vii-243638.php

Look familiar?

Leen-Leen
03-17-2007, 11:28 PM
Whoa xD that's interesting.

Kuroshima
03-17-2007, 11:32 PM
Well.. That.. clears things up. Thats kinda funny.

f f freak
03-17-2007, 11:36 PM
rofl lmao. Funniest thing I've seen all week.

xtrava
03-18-2007, 12:35 AM
Did SE really sue them? :(

Thats a bit harsh of them to just sue when a music video is made in honour of something they make...I mean I'm a bit surprised the music video makers didnt have permission (the first time I saw it I didnt know they got sued or anything) but still, sueing them is a bit over the top and mean.

Bad form SE...

You're still legends though. :p

The Mog Ninja
03-21-2007, 10:46 AM
Ivy should burn in hell for uglifying Tifa

Mercen-X
04-19-2007, 10:59 PM
Did SE really sue them?

Thats a bit harsh of them to just sue when a music video is made in honour of something they make..., sueing them is a bit over the top and mean.

I think it was actually a sarcastic assumption. Besides, there's no proof it was made "in honor" of AC. It's just a blatant, over-the-top, pop-culture reference.

Pop-swing on the Beethoven tune was interesting, but the song itself wasn't. The battle wasn't really replicated all that well either and they had to sneak in an actual shot from AC (when she's being swung around and launched at the far wall). I'd definitely sue.

Kai McCloud
04-20-2007, 12:01 AM
whoever thinks she should get away with rippin of Advent Children needs a slap round the face. Square were well within their rights to sue for what is nothing more than a blatent rip off and a crap one at that. what next some snoty nose kid doin a kingdom hearts music vid. Please DONT!!!!!!!

The Crystal
04-20-2007, 06:23 AM
The music video is already banned from being broadcast on television.

Vyk
04-20-2007, 06:37 AM
Well that was fascinating. And I bet it didn't take them a quarter of the time it took Square to dish out that scene. And I doubt they pushed back the release date of the music video 20 times either. And the budget... A fraction.

Rase
04-20-2007, 07:05 AM
I actually liked it. I mean sure it's pretty blatant copyright infringement, but other than that I enjoyed it.

Setzer Gabianni
04-20-2007, 01:30 PM
I loved it. I liked how the ending was done XD

psyniac_123
04-20-2007, 03:36 PM
Excluding the ending, and the song (but hey, not the WORST I've heard... and unfortunately it's probably gonna get stuck in my head) I loved it. Very well done! ;)

aquatius
04-21-2007, 12:16 AM
Ivy should burn in hell for uglifying Tifa
You're just angry because her bust isn't as large as in the game, and the fact that she actually looks remotely Korean/Japanese.

Edge7
04-21-2007, 02:18 AM
The song STUNK

Darth Anarcus
04-24-2007, 05:34 PM
Was that English, Japanese, or a mixture of both? It sounded like she was saying, "Somebody do me, and feel my booty."

Big D
04-25-2007, 03:14 AM
Oh my... that was cringe-inducing. Very clever piece of work, but difficult to sit through.

Reading all the YouTube comments was a mistake, though, since I got a headache from the idiocy overload.

Was that English, Japanese, or a mixture of both?Sounds like Korean(?) with a few English lines thrown in for good measure. Loz trying - and failing - to talk like a gansta in the opening was kind of silly.

Rase
04-25-2007, 05:15 AM
Seeing as how Ivy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivy_%28singer%29) is a K-Pop (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_pop) star I would assume that it's a Korean/English like Big D said. The lyrics (mainly Korean) can be seen somewhat in this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd9O-xkdywA) video.

Mercen-X
04-25-2007, 09:16 PM
Oh my... that was cringe-inducing. Very clever piece of work, but difficult to sit through.
The ruthless truth.

Markus. D
05-03-2007, 08:30 AM
well actually...

To be honest.

The far large resemblance.

and Ivy being a famous pop star like she is~

would have had some kind of relationship with Square-Enix -_- enough to not get sued.

ChocoKid21
05-04-2007, 02:50 AM
hahaha. Ya'll seem harsh. I thought it was funny and cute, and the song is catchy. It could be because I'm biased to koreans, but whatever. It was good.

and I don't think she got sued because I read somewhere that she credited square..and what not.

Super Sepiroth
05-30-2007, 02:25 PM
Someone commented this on youtube

colink265 (1 day ago)

Hmmm huh i thought they had permission at the 36 second mark, you cant see it because of youtube's quality (I saw this clip in higher quality on dailymotion dot com) but it says used with permission

Big D
05-31-2007, 01:16 AM
Anyone can scrawl "Copyright Square-Enix, used with permission" on their music video. Doesn't mean they actually had permission.
Besides, the court case is well documented on various respectable websites, so it doesn't really change things if someone commenting on YouTube doubts the fact.

cloud21zidane16
06-01-2007, 02:34 AM
that was okay but a bit corny:)

ReloadPsi
06-01-2007, 05:44 PM
When Advent Children was in development, I was seriously hoping the movie would never come out, but once Square get started on something immensely cheesy (FFX-2 anyone?) they always finish. So I went on, totally uninterested in the movie and then got shown a pic of Tifa kicking Loz. This gave me some interest in the film as Tifa's my favourite character and there had been rumours flying around that she wouldn't be in it at all, so I anticipated the movie purely on account of that fight scene.

Tifa's fight scene was the only bit I enjoyed. The rest of it just looked incredibly silly.

Now, someone pays tribute to it and this is how Square-Enix react. I'm sorry, but I see this as Squenix taking a huge dump all over the one moment of Advent Children I didn't hate. (Okay, one of two; the soundtrack was pretty sweet too.)

Slothy
06-02-2007, 02:24 PM
Now, someone pays tribute to it and this is how Square-Enix react. I'm sorry, but I see this as Squenix taking a huge dump all over the one moment of Advent Children I didn't hate. (Okay, one of two; the soundtrack was pretty sweet too.)

They didn't pay tribute to it, they blatantly ripped it off to undoubtedly make money from the video/album. That's illegal plain and simple, and Square has every right to prevent others from using/misusing their characters without permission. In fact, I whole heartedly support them doing it. Too many people seem to think copyright law only applies when it suits them these days. If someone ripped off something I created as blatantly as that, I wouldn't be very happy about it either.

mooglebunni608
06-07-2007, 05:52 AM
Gee, that's the dumbest video I've seen in a long while.

I'm glad they got sued.

Proxy
08-20-2007, 05:39 PM
There was actually something about Final Fantasy VII Advent Children at the bottom.
Probably a disclaimer.

sephireland
08-20-2007, 11:35 PM
If I were SE I'd have sued because of the awfullness of the song. Man that was hideous and Tifa deserves better representation too. Not that the girl was ugly but come on, we're talking Tifa here.

Comet
08-20-2007, 11:58 PM
THE RUSSIANS WHERE THE FIRST ONES TO MAKE THAT TUNE