PDA

View Full Version : Why does this game only have one battle theme?

Dr. Casey
03-17-2007, 11:42 PM
Even Dragon Quest I has a final boss song.

Darth Anarcus
03-18-2007, 03:10 AM
...Because it was the first game in the series. They hadn't, you know, gotten very creative yet.

Martyr
03-18-2007, 05:56 AM
They hadn't, you know, gotten very creative yet.

Hell yeah they had.

They simply didn't believe that their awesome sound track needed any new additions, or maybe they didn't have time for that since the company was about to sink.

Either way, the music in FF1 is the LAST thing anybody should be complaining about.

MetoolX597
03-18-2007, 10:40 PM
The Prologue, Ending theme, Underwater Palace theme, etc. more than made up for it. Uematsu did a great job for such an early game, and I'm surprised they had boss themes in the later NES installments. Back then, they must have just not thought of it yet.

Dr. Casey
03-19-2007, 09:09 PM
>_>

No... that's not the case. Dragon Quest I came out before Final Fantasy, and every other NES RPG has at least a final boss theme.

Nugget Mage
03-20-2007, 09:04 AM
Well, maybe they didn't have time and/or money to make a Final Boss song, I mean, the company was a about to die. It was a miracle FF was succesfull.

But when I faced Chaos the first time, I turned off the sounds in the emulator and I started to hear Sephiroth's theme instead, of course, I imaginated the dudes singing said "CHAOS!" instead of "Sephiroth", it was more fit for the moment. But then I stopped doing so because it was pointless and I needed to focus in the battle.

;D

Nominus Experse
03-20-2007, 10:02 AM
It was most likely due to time restraints and the overall stress of the company going under, as Nugget has stated.

And really, by comparison, there was a plethora of tracks in this game. It could have been space restraints also, and it may have seemed strange to have the part of the premium of space taken up by something the player would only ever hear once per play-through.

Or they forgot or didn't care.

Bunny
03-20-2007, 03:11 PM
To my knowledge, and feel free to yell at me and whatnot, but Dragon Warrior had a paltry eight tracks to it. Final Fantasy had at or around the twenty mark. Regardless of the exclusion of a specific boss theme, it had a considerable score to it.

ReloadPsi
03-25-2007, 01:59 AM
Basically it's because Square thought it was the last game they'd ever make so they figured they had nothing to lose.

Fire_Emblem776
03-25-2007, 03:00 AM
They hadn't, you know, gotten very creative yet.

Hell yeah they had.

They simply didn't believe that their awesome sound track needed any new additions, or maybe they didn't have time for that since the company was about to sink.

Either way, the music in FF1 is the LAST thing anybody should be complaining about.

Yea people, be glad with what it was:eep:

darksword12
03-25-2007, 09:37 PM
I think the gameplay of ff1 more than makes up for it.

The black mage
03-26-2007, 10:27 AM
so what if the orignal only had 1 battle theam, likes been said there are way more tunes through out the game, that make up for it, plus it just owns all other games at the time.