PDA

View Full Version : False Game Info that piss's you off

NeoCracker
03-18-2007, 08:56 AM
Look where it says Also known as just below the game title. (http://ps2.ign.com/objects/573/573637.html) It says Wild Arms 4 is also known as Wild Arms: Alter Code F, which is a remake of the first. Reading this today maked me mad, don't know why, but it did.

What game reports have made you mad.

Slothy
03-18-2007, 02:43 PM
I think EGM reporting that their would be an FFVII remake for the PS3 annoyed me to no end. Not because I wanted to see one, but because we had known there wouldn't be one for about a year and they were blatantly publishing a rumour as fact.

Roto13
03-18-2007, 02:58 PM
It was in their "rumors" section. They were blatantly publishing a rumour as a rumour.

Bunny
03-18-2007, 03:05 PM
I don't get mad at video game news.

Shoeberto
03-18-2007, 04:45 PM
EGM had an April Fools article a few years back about being able to unlock a topless mode in DOAXBV that honestly had me wanting to buy an Xbox until I realized how obviously fake it was.

I was weak at the time, though.

Roto13
03-18-2007, 04:53 PM
EGM had an April Fools article a few years back about being able to unlock a topless mode in DOAXBV that honestly had me wanting to buy an Xbox until I realized how obviously fake it was.

That's so sad. xD!!

Crossblades
03-18-2007, 04:54 PM
EGM also had an April fool's article where it mentioned that Sonic and Tails were unlockable characters in Smash Bros. Melee where you had to eliminate 20 of those polygon characters in the hardest difficulty. I wasted an entire day doing trying to unlock those characters and then finding out the next day it was fake:(

Jowy
03-18-2007, 04:55 PM
EGM also had an April fool's article where it mentioned that Sonic and Tails were unlockable characters in Smash Bros. Melee where you had to eliminate 20 of those polygon characters in the hardest difficulty. I wasted an entire day doing trying to unlock those characters:(

You and me both. =P

I read something about Squeenix making a Seiken Densetsu themed MMO in EGM's rumor mill a while ago and haven't heard anything about that since. :aimsad:

Roto13
03-18-2007, 05:14 PM
EGM also had an April fool's article where it mentioned that Sonic and Tails were unlockable characters in Smash Bros. Melee where you had to eliminate 20 of those polygon characters in the hardest difficulty. I wasted an entire day doing trying to unlock those characters:(

You and me both. =P

I realized that was fake right away because I'm awesome. :bigsmile:

Madame Adequate
03-18-2007, 05:16 PM
Any and all news referring to Shenmue III.

Erdrick Holmes
03-18-2007, 05:17 PM
Namco X Capcom's US release, I'm not gonna say more because doing so would cause me to mass murder babies.

Slothy
03-18-2007, 06:37 PM
It was in their "rumors" section. They were blatantly publishing a rumour as a rumour.

No actually, it wasn't in the rumours section. I have the issue, not to mention the scan to prove it. http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/Vivi2372/EGMFFVII.jpg

XxSephirothxX
03-18-2007, 06:39 PM

You and me both. =P

I only did it for about 10 minutes before seeing the date on the picture. :p Still, that sucked.

Sites like IGN and Gamespot bother me simply because they have so many games to cover, they often don't get around to updating news or release dates for some of them, and having sites with conflicting information is a pain in the ass.

EDIT: I've never seen that image in an issue of EGM, but it's quite possible I just missed it. It was originally in their Rumor Mill, though.

Roto13
03-18-2007, 07:19 PM

No actually, it wasn't in the rumours section. I have the issue, not to mention the scan to prove it. proof

Well you obviously went back in time and changed the past. I'm onto you!

aquatius
03-18-2007, 07:57 PM

You and me both. =P

It's pretty obvious considering that back then Sega still mostly owned Sonic.

Slothy
03-18-2007, 08:18 PM

No actually, it wasn't in the rumours section. I have the issue, not to mention the scan to prove it. proof

Well you obviously went back in time and changed the past. I'm onto you!

That's not the only thing I changed. Roto, I am your father (if ever there were a time a Darth Vader emoticon would be useful, this'd be it).

JKTrix
03-19-2007, 07:46 AM

Modded Xbox Get!

I can send you the files ;) ;)