PDA

View Full Version : Anyone given the low lvl challenge a try?

lte
03-18-2007, 12:49 PM
Since the game felt kinda easy to finish, I thought about giving the low lvl challenge (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/459841/46465) a try (Basically staying the whole game the lowest possible levels: 1 2 2 3 3 3). So anyone here done or tried this challenge? Any comments on it? =o

xtrava
03-18-2007, 02:18 PM
lol. Barely any bosses after say the first one would be defeatable.

Try to complete it in under 24 hours, thats more of a realistic challenge than the above. ;)

PuPu
03-18-2007, 04:31 PM
lol. Barely any bosses after say the first one would be defeatable.

You'd be surprised. I think Square Enix even announced its possible to beat Yiazmat at Lvl 1.

While their levels are low, they can still use the License Board to obtain Augments to increase their HP, Weapon Licenses to get more powerful weapon than normal, etc. With all HP Augments + Bubble Belt, I think you can get around 4000 HP.

They can get the weapons more powerful than normal by running to areas you wouldn't normally go to (e.g. going to Mosophoran Highwaste REALLY early) though they would have to have MAD skills at running away from monsters. Same with Magicks and Technicks.

As for obtaining the Licenses and LP, I think Basch, Ashe, and Penelo start off with quite a bit of LP when you get first get them. Bosses and Marks also give LP and no XP. Or, later on at Phon Coast, they could buy an accessory that reduces the amount XP obtained to 0 (forgot what the accessory was called) so they can start fighting regular monster at that point for LP, Items, Loot, etc.

The Final Boss Defeated:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxPsrOKg-sY

lte
03-18-2007, 04:35 PM
Try going on youtube xtrava and search for 122333, someone actually defeated Yizamat with lv1-3 party, and aquired all espers

xtrava
03-18-2007, 05:03 PM
What the heck?!?! lol!

Even with all the augments etc, how are they doing 5,000 damage? Didnt think that was possible, even with the best weapons...Hmm I guess with that exp reduced to 0 accessory that would explain how you could gain money and LP without levelling.

Still, pretty mad.

Remon
03-18-2007, 06:54 PM
hmm sounds interesting.
Maybe i'll give it a try

GOD GUNDAM
03-19-2007, 04:01 AM
How are they able to keep their levels so low throughout the game?

DK
03-19-2007, 11:00 AM
Lots of fleeing and then the firefly accessory. :monster:

Markus. D
03-19-2007, 12:16 PM
actually I have seen a video on youtube of it being done.

to complicated for my wanting though :SSS

something about a firefly acc.

edit: no exp from bosses right?

xtrava
03-19-2007, 03:13 PM
Yeah when you equip that accessory it resets current exp gained to 0. But yeah, that would take so long.

Have a look at Ashe10 on youtube, he has some sick vids.

Renmiri
03-19-2007, 03:34 PM
Yeah when you equip that accessory it resets current exp gained to 0. But yeah, that would take so long.

He's the guy with the 122333 challenge. And he explains how he did it at each video. Pretty impressive.

There is also a crazy guy at another forum who managed to level up Reks to 25. He's going for level 99.

Masochists! :p

Ogrius
03-19-2007, 05:06 PM

He's the guy with the 122333 challenge. And he explains how he did it at each video. Pretty impressive.

There is also a crazy guy at another forum who managed to level up Reks to 25. He's going for level 99.

lol Actually both of these things sound like something I would do at some point. In fact I am starting the low level challenge tonight but I better not concentrate on it too much, I still have yet to beat the game (haven;t had time).

xtrava
03-19-2007, 07:32 PM

Haha...I love doing things like that, however I dont think he'll ever get to 99 (I mean its technically possible, but would take years lol).