PDA

View Full Version : I dont have a PS3 =[

xtrava
03-18-2007, 09:19 PM
Is anyone in the same boat as me? I dont have a PS3, or the money for one...Yet FF is a way of life and I dont know how I'll survive if I cant play the next edition in the standard series lol.

I have an Xbox 360, I wish SE would consider releasing it on that as well, the PS3 IMO is a rip-off and pretty ridiculous that its only just coming out in England now (If it had come out at Christmas it might actually of had a chance at competing with 360 over here, but not now).

What is a guy to do? :(

Ashley Schovitz
03-18-2007, 09:21 PM
Well Hironobu did say hje might take FF to the 360 which I'm highly against and no plenty of us don't own a PS3 either, quite the mass majority of us here on EoFF.

xtrava
03-18-2007, 09:28 PM
Yeah I dont like the idea of FF on 360 either, but its just the only next-gen console I have. I heard the rumour about FF possibly coming to 360, but it sounded like it meant a future release rather than FFXIII which I would hate to miss out on.

What are you all going to do if you dont have PS3's? :eep:

Crossblades
03-18-2007, 09:33 PM
Jesus, it's not that big of a deal if the FF series went to the 360. And personally I wouldn't care if I never got the chance to play XIII. I don't intend on spending $600 on a console unless I see games that are worth buying and FF XIII is still not enough to convince me to buy a PS3

xtrava
03-18-2007, 09:43 PM
Thanks for that...

Little Blue
03-18-2007, 11:06 PM
I pretty much agree with Crossblades... I don't have a ps3 and won't buy one just for XIII... And will secretly wish a painful death upon those who changed XIII from PS2 to the PS3 since it was originally planned on a PS2 I believe...

Dreddz
03-19-2007, 12:00 AM
Your lucky because XIII probably wont come out till 08, surely by then you'll have enough money. I will.

Wolf Kanno
03-19-2007, 12:24 AM
I'll pick up a PS3 when FFXV comes out;)

Other than that, I'm with Crossblades on the PS3. Hell the only game that's coming out for the system I even care about is MGS4. Even I'm not such a fanboy that I would drop $600 just to play it.

xtrava
03-19-2007, 12:52 AM
Yeah...Thats my point. I've been saying I'm not going to buy a PS3 just to play FFXIII. If I was rich I would of course.

MGS I'll miss out on too, you just reminded me, lol. >_<

And no, I doubt I'll have enough money even in 08, unless I manage to get a good job after I graduate Uni this year. :mad:

MecaKane
03-19-2007, 03:59 AM
And no, I doubt I'll have enough money even in 08, unless I manage to get a good job after I graduate Uni this year. :mad:

Why are you in university if you won't be able to get a job where you can put $100 away a month for five or six months?

Ashley Schovitz
03-19-2007, 11:17 PM
or better yet with all these kids buying all these new cell phones, try putting cutting back from something you usually spend your money that's not important like snacks out of a machine, build that up in a few monsths and see how much you save!? You could probably get a PS3 in about 8 months.

I also believe it to be a big deal if the series goes onto the evil 360. I don't want FF to become a part of Bill's more money exploitation. Without FF PS3 loses another exclusive game, which is a damn shame when PS2 had so many exclusive games, now the new spoiled kid just has to have everything we have, but good old grandpa Nintendo won't oblige to them no siree. PS needs to stand up for itself.

xtrava
03-20-2007, 01:09 AM

Why are you in university if you won't be able to get a job where you can put $100 away a month for five or six months?

Huh? You dont just get given a good job as you walk out of the hall after you pick up your diploma. If you're going to make comments, use your brain please? ;)

Slothy
03-20-2007, 02:27 AM
Well Hironobu did say hje might take FF to the 360 which I'm highly against and no plenty of us don't own a PS3 either, quite the mass majority of us here on EoFF.

Hironobu doesn't have any affiliation with Square anymore. What he said was something more along the lines of he could see FF going to the 360, but I think that's incredibly short-sighted of him. Aside from the fact FFXIII will be made using an engine tailored specifically to the PS3's capabilities, Square has said that though they don't want the PS3 to be the overwhelming winner this generation, they don't want it to be the overwhelming loser either. Take a wild guess what's likely to happen if FFXIII goes multi-platform.

Just save some money by cutting back on a few little things. Why we worked out just today that at two cups a day a friend of mine was spending about $700 a year on coffee. And for the record, no I'm not in the same boat as you. The PS3 is the next-gen console I went with and I stand by my choice. There isn't anything exclusive to the 360 or the Wii that would have me buy either console. Yes that's right, there's nothing on the Wii that makes spending $250 worthwhile to me. Shocking isn't it? If I wanted, I could make a list as long as my forearm of PS3 exclusives that I would kill for (or at least pay money for).

atlanteay
03-21-2007, 03:43 AM
Wait until about 10 really good games you want get released on the PS3 which would be in several years. Then, the price would probably drop by then and you can buy FFXIII along with those games at a much cheaper price too. That's what i did for the ps2. I waited for FFX, KH1, KH2, FFXII, Valkyrie Profile, Radiata Stories, and xenosaga. All of these games were like around $16 except for FF12 and Valkyrie Profile.

MecaKane
03-21-2007, 10:59 PM

Huh? You dont just get given a good job as you walk out of the hall after you pick up your diploma. If you're going to make comments, use your brain please? ;)
Right. Half the people I know who are graduating this term are being offered jobs without having their degree.

Mirage
03-21-2007, 11:03 PM
The same seems to hold true at my uni. There are some extremely aggressive headhunters around there, giving them jobs something like half a year before they're done studying.

Del Murder
03-22-2007, 04:02 AM
xtrava, you don't have to add the little insults at the end of your posts.

It took me two years to find a good job after college.

Aerisfanatic
03-22-2007, 10:24 PM
Yeah I dont like the idea of FF on 360 either, but its just the only next-gen console I have. I heard the rumour about FF possibly coming to 360, but it sounded like it meant a future release rather than FFXIII which I would hate to miss out on.

What are you all going to do if you dont have PS3's? :eep: SE says alot of things and im here with you, PS3s are to expensive for the average teenager to buy, and i also diagree with ff going to 360 cause 360 has games that can only be played on the 360 or xbox and some of these games look really cool, but alas i dont have an xbox or a 360, so what im trying to say is the ff series from 7-10,12,13-and future installments should stay for only playstation titles nothing else, and until 7-800 dollars for the PS3 just comes out of no where, me and my PS2 will have to manage for now

xtrava
03-23-2007, 03:56 PM

Right. Half the people I know who are graduating this term are being offered jobs without having their degree.

I would bet my life on it that the course they were doing is not the same as mine. You're extremely naive about the world if you think you just get given a job by going to University, its still difficult to break into the industry for most of the courses students may be studying.

xtrava, you don't have to add the little insults at the end of your posts.

It took me two years to find a good job after college.

You're right I dont, but I have no patience for stupid statements about my personal life, of which they know nothing about.

It took you 2 years to get a good job after college, at least someone knows what I'm talking about. Everyone saying its easy to get a good job after University, or even be headhunted before they get their degrees must be witnesses of very rare occurances, because mostly things dont work like that, and they dont for my course thats for sure.

Jessweeee♪
03-24-2007, 04:10 AM
ME WANT PS3.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Setzer Gabianni
03-25-2007, 08:41 PM
ME WANT PS3.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Can I join in with the bouncing dear?

BlackWaltz
03-26-2007, 06:23 PM
err, guys by the time this game is released, the ps3 price will be well within your reach.

Shlnsengumi
03-26-2007, 07:36 PM
I doubt it. Sony is already losing money with the $600 tag. If '08 is the official date for XIII, then they have a year, maybe a year and a half, to cut the price, which I doubt they will.

Mirage
03-26-2007, 09:24 PM
Add another 9 months for English localization.

Rostum
03-27-2007, 01:34 PM
I would be pretty interested in what SE can do with the PS3, and how far they can push it. But, it is fairly expensive. It's $1000AUD in Australia on launch.

Yliette
03-28-2007, 01:07 AM
Good Lord! You say the PS3 is $600 there in the US?! Here in RP the price tag is 50,000 pesos (almost $1,000). Grrr...

I'm only after four games in the PS3 namely Resident Evil 5, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriot, Kingdom Hearts III and of course Final Fantasy XIII. Even so I still find it illogical to spend $600-1,000 for merely four games.

I just hope the price cuts off a few hundred dollars (or thousands of pesos) by 2008, same time FFXIII will be released.

Larahl
03-28-2007, 12:04 PM
Just wait a few years when the price will be reasonable enough for you to buy it.
The games won't runaway or something, and you still will be able to buy them.

I will buy anything that is next-gen probably after 2010.
the PS2 and PC has enough games for me to keep me busy for a long time.

Mercen-X
03-28-2007, 07:22 PM
I don't have a PS3 . . . I have the money for it, but I can't find it. Everywhere I go: Gamestop, Best Buy, Walmart, K-Mart, Target, the Mall . . . everywhere they advertise it "coming soon," but no one has it . . . at least I know I haven't seen it.

Trance_Kuja
04-03-2007, 05:58 PM
Save up, XIII won't be out for a long time so you have time, plus ask for a PS3 for your birthday or christmas. I also have no PS3 and i sold my PSP (getting one back for Crisis Core of course) so yea i have a lot of saving to do, but it is possible.

Icerose2300
04-03-2007, 08:40 PM
I was told that the PS3 has a blue ray player, which ALONE at Best Buy would cost $1000. So right there it is worth it. I plan on buying myself a PS3 one day though, even though I only want it only for FFXIII.

f f freak
04-03-2007, 08:55 PM
The only reason I want a PS3 is for this game. I was gonna get one for my Birthday but then I heard that FFXIII probably wasn't gonna be released for quite some time so I'll probably buy one in a couple of years.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
04-03-2007, 10:49 PM
Would you like to use my wormhole?

Yar
04-16-2007, 05:15 PM
I wouldn't get any new systems this early anyway either. Remember what happened to the PS2 when they were just released? The laser died quickly. Not worth $600 when you'll have to buy a new one right after the warranty expires...

Stunt
04-17-2007, 02:03 AM
That sucks, I have a PlayStation 3, lucky to get one too.
Hopefully you'll get one by the time FF13 comes out, you got like a whole year, so don't stress yourself.

Croyles
05-09-2007, 04:28 PM
PS3 rocks, FFXIII looks great, end of story :)

ixnine
05-16-2007, 01:46 AM
You have plenty of time until FFXIII comes out. That should give you enough time to save for a PS3. And if you're worried about not wanting to buy a PS3 just for FFXIII, just remember Sony has a bunch of games coming out by this september and beyond, plenty of which are exclusives.

Omni-Odin
05-16-2007, 01:25 PM
Ya, I'm just waiting until the first game I want comes out to buy it. BTW, gamesfaqs just finished a poll that had thousands of votes to see what's the most anticipated PS3 game and FFXIII won.

SOOO many people will be buying this thing win those huge games come out like MGS4 as well.

Anno Domini
05-16-2007, 03:16 PM
i really want to buy a ps3 just because it has all those cool features going for it. like a wireless controller, remote turn off, and fantastical graphics. i just dont have the money to shell out 600 like its a slice of pie. its reall depressing me. Also, i want FFX11 on launch day, so add 60 and then another 60 for KH3 and maybe another 120 because i am not going to be satisfied for very long with just 2 game. I am hopping to get a job this summer, and because i have time, i can gradually save up, but still, 840 is quite a bit of change.....

tidus_rox
05-17-2007, 03:37 AM
I have a PS3! I love it... especially cuz Oblivion. :)

yanis
05-17-2007, 04:16 AM
Maybe I'll just wait till PS3 emulator comes out, like I did with PS and PS2...:bgl:

Dreddz
05-17-2007, 01:54 PM
If you think a PS3 emulator will come out soon your not from this world.

I have a PS3 now so im a little more pumped about the games I will be buying. FFXIII isnt one of the games Im really looking forward to though. But still pretty stoked.

Zora
05-18-2007, 12:58 AM
Are we forgetting about the PC? Square has gone there a few times...

Well hopefully people will dislike the PS3 and put them used on EBay for like $300-500, hopefully lower if there is a price drop. Then you may be able to borrow it form someone (friend or business). Or pehraps you need wait until FFXV comes around (if the tradition keeps up...)

yanis
05-18-2007, 01:34 AM
If you think a PS3 emulator will come out soon your not from this world.

I don't know if I'm from this world, but I hope PS3 emulator will come out around the time of PS4 announcement...:D

EDIT: And I'm talking about emulators, coz I'm not forgetting about PC's!

Bolivar
06-28-2007, 08:35 PM
Even though it's assumed XIII's coming out in 08, no one's near even giving a rought estimate of when, even in Japan, so we have a long way to go here in the states, and when all these new games come out, Sony will be forced to lower the price in order for the different publishers to recoup.

Although I could wait, even after XIII comes out, because i'll want an HD TV if i'm getting a PS3. I could get an HDTV, and play XII all the time on it, there's 11 (12 if you count online) other FF's to quench your thirst till then, even if you need to wait for a price drop.

XxSephirothxX
06-28-2007, 10:04 PM
By the time XIII is out outside of Japan, it will very likely be mid, probably late, 2008. A year is plenty of time to get a job, and the system may well have a price drop by then, anyway.

Hyperion4444
07-11-2007, 03:38 PM
By the time XIII is out outside of Japan, it will very likely be mid, probably late, 2008. A year is plenty of time to get a job, and the system may well have a price drop by then, anyway.

Yea.. They just did by 100$
More if your international rate has bacome better compared to US.