PDA

View Full Version : No sign of the fathion police yet..

Diango12
03-18-2007, 09:53 PM
Ok what did you guys think of the wardrobes for FFXII?

Personally I liked the wardrobes a lot, it seems they reintroduced previous elements in the design from such games like FFX and also brought an entirely new look that reflects the culture of Ivalice and the Arabian setting/theme.

Though I could of have done with a little more "Enthusiasm" in there clothing as I just don’t agree with Kimahri at all!

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r29/Diango123/Damnyou.jpg

What did you guys think?

jeo2388
03-19-2007, 03:49 AM
i like them better on FF9

Nominus Experse
03-19-2007, 04:05 AM
For the most part, they seem to work masterfully; however, some characters' wardrobes seem far too strange or out of sync with that character's personality.

Ashe's pink skirt was rather awkward and out of place.

And I agree with Kimahri.

Xurts
03-19-2007, 04:23 AM
wtf is up with that huge pink thing behind X-2 Yuna?

I also don't see how the Judges can see out of their massive helm things.

Diango12
03-19-2007, 08:36 AM
I thought Reddas was somewhat of a bold man... http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r29/Diango123/reddas-ani-Opt.gif Who else could wear pink as the leader of a town filled with pirates....

Pete for President
03-19-2007, 09:55 AM
Some of the main characters have some unusual bright colors in their outfit. For example, Balthier has green and pink rings, Basch has a bright colored checkered thing on his chest, Reddas has the pants...

I do like the outfits though :choc:

Renmiri
03-19-2007, 03:40 PM
I hate Basch's shorts!

Why couldn't he wear tight leather pants like that snob Balthier ? :(

Jerseymilk
03-19-2007, 07:18 PM
I hate Basch's shorts!

Why couldn't he wear tight leather pants like that snob Balthier ? :(

Ya I was suprised at that too. When I first saw the outfit, I thought it made him look silly combined with the rest of it. Definitely lowers the "coolness points". XD

Setzer Gabianni
03-19-2007, 09:13 PM
Balthiers clothing was ugly. I really want to rip Reddas's pants off tho :3

rubah
03-19-2007, 10:21 PM
It was dull

No.78
03-19-2007, 10:40 PM
SE will never fail to satisfy me on FF area and character design. There's always something wierd and strange they love to theme the characters on. This time I noticed they were deliberately using colours that normally don't go, and making metal more of an item of clothing rather than armour. Most civillians wear metal in all the places not where you're likely to be hit, sometimes I think I'm the only one to appreciate these things but oh well... I love it!
My faviroute character design is Fran, duhh. Balthier being a close second.

Garnie
03-19-2007, 10:44 PM
i like penelos clothes but i thinl VII got it right. simple and it shows the charrictors personality to a tee.

Bolivar
03-19-2007, 11:17 PM
Ashe's pink skirt was rather awkward and out of place.

Ashe's skirt was probably the best part about the clothing in XII.

it was alright...nothing special but not bad.

I wish they would start making it so the graphic for your clothing changes as you change armor, like they do w/ weapons and shields already.

Nominus Experse
03-20-2007, 01:45 AM
How was it the best part of the clothing in FFXII? It doesn't suit her, as it clashed with her character.

LunarWeaver
03-20-2007, 02:02 AM
I liked their designs just fine. Yoshida said Ashe is wearing skimpy clothes because Dalmasca is supposed to be hot...Makes sense to me. What's wrong with the skirt? D:

Bolivar
03-20-2007, 02:39 AM
How was it the best part of the clothing in FFXII? It doesn't suit her, as it clashed with her character.

It most certainly clashed with her character, but I liked it because I am a guy.

NOT that I check out video game characters or anything :choc2:

Dynast-Kid
03-20-2007, 02:40 AM
Dynast-Whore's FFXII Fashion Commentary!

-Ashe

Ashe seems to be sporting the hottest fashion for widowed princesses rebelling againt radical, power-hungry kingdoms. Her coat thing is defintiely hotter than hot, and provides a nice breeze considering Dalmasca's temperature. Her pink skirt and lavender belt are bold itmes to rock whe ncompared to her gold and grey wardrobe scheme, but luckily, she pulls it off without a hitch! Her thigh-high armor boots are very delicately crafted, and add a splash of rustic soldier to her regal and quirky outfit. My only complaints would have to be that ugly black strip of leather wrapped around her stomach. I mean really, what is it for!?

Outfit Rating: 96/100

-Great color scheme highlighted by bold and eccentric colors

-Skinny black girdle thing is really ugly

-Vaan

Hmmm...Where to begin. Let's start off with the vest. It has a delicate and cool design, but doesn't seem suitable for the male protagonist of an epic fantasy. Next is his belt thing. It's nice and colorful, which really brightens up his drab grey color scheme, plus the belt buckle is pretty neato. Combined with his embroidered pants evokes a theme of Moroccan streetrat, like Aladdin, but gayer. Lastly are his boots. I don't particularly like them, but I guess they would be better than another kind of shoe considering the fact Vaan is constantly fighting sewer rats and monsters.

Outfit Rating: 81/100

-Beautifully crafted pieces which remind me of an Arabian kasbah

-Dull color scheme, and the lack of a real "wow factor"

-Basch

Basch definitely sports an interesting fit. First off is his vest. The red and copper leather makes an interesting mix of color, and for whatever reason, I find that little, rainbow-colored pad thing really appealing. Next, we see his undershirt. I must say that it is a beautiful piece. Not only is it a gorgeous color, but it also adds to that sexy little keyhole thing Basch has going on that shows off his ripped abdominals! *swoon* Next are his pants...well, they seem...practical? But they just don't work. The color could potentially go well, but when coupled with his knee-high boot, sandal things, it just looks a mess.

Outfit Rating: 63/100

-From the waist up, Basch looks HELLA sexy!

-From the waist down, Basch looks like a train wreck. :(

-Penelo

Penelo has one of the more unique outfits. Let's begin with her top. The shoulder pads are unique and go great with her skin tone, and the little white sleeves peeking through add a bit of elegance to this gorl's outfit. But if you turn her around, you see two large, ugly, bothersome...DORSAL FINS!?!? I can't imagine what those two bulky appendages could be used for. Next is her...body wear? The choice of color, bright yellow and azure blue really go well with me, and add a bit of personality to her brown color scheme, and the buckles add a bit of complexity to her outfit. Finally are her boots. They seem a bit bulky and troublesome, especially for a dancer, but they are unique and have great embroiddery, and the buckles are pretty neat.

Outfit Rating: 86/100

-Bright, and airy colors add a nice contrast to the copper brown of her boots and top

-Her little fin things on her back are REPULSIVE, and her boots seem too clunky

-Balthier

Oh...wow...Give me a moment to catch my breath. Let me just get this out of the way...Balthier is HAWT! I am so gay for him, in fact, he's the reason I rank a 5 on the Kinsey Scale! But let me hurry and get his outfit review done before the shame of being attracted to a mound of pixels set in. First off, his vest is GORGEOUS! The embroidery and design is absolutely top-notch, and has to be one of the best pieces in the FF universe. His undershirt and cufflinks, along with his collar, really add the rustic flare to his outfit. Next are his pants. They are tight, I mean, really tight! But that's okay because they look good on him, and not many could pull off pants like that. The engravings are great, though the pockets look kinda off to me, but I guess they're the only way he could carry all of his ammo and such. Finally, are his shoes. They're what you'd get if slippers and Arabic curly toe shoes had a baby. I love the embroidery, and the curly toe brings back more of the Middle Eastern flare FFXII has going on.

Outfit Rating: 97/100

-Gorgeous color scheme (Black + Gold= Genius!) And the embroidery is amazing! Gorgeous vest and pants!

-Pockets are kinda weird

-Fran

Finally, my favorite character, Fran! My god, she is so HAWT, and accounts for the reason I didn't score a 6 on the Kinsey Scale, despite Balthier. Firstly, her helmet is so exquisute. I can't imagine how long it would take to make such a delicate and exquisute piece. Next is her top. I like the fabric mini-shirt thing that covers her shoulders, and the strip of red adds a bit of color. Also of note are her gauntlets, they're amazing! Next is her...girdle? It's intricate and elegant, and the frill around the edge add a feminine touch this armor-themed outfit. I also like the little rabbit's tail seated on the back of her corset. And while we're on the subject of her back, let me just say that I don't condone women walking around with their hindquarters revealed to the world, but Fran just pulls it off so well!:jess: The metal brace things that circle her thighs are defintiely one of my favorite parts of her outfit. Why? Because they're so beautiful and elegantly crafted. as are the armor lining her legs and ankles. Finally, her shoes are super sexy. The paw print toes are really sexy, and the assymetry of the panel connected to her right shoe really adds a little extra to her overall look.

Outfit Rating: 101/100

-Everything about her outfit is pure WIN and all of her pieces are elegantly crafted and seem to glow with a dark radiance. Plus, the black color scheme goes great with her complexion.

-As for bad things, ummm...She doesn't have enough lines in the game? Besides that, Fran is perfect!

Diango12
03-20-2007, 03:47 AM
Wow! Dynast that was so awesome! A perfect example of appealingly refined wordplay. I feel like sexing you up know :love:

Dynast-Kid
03-20-2007, 07:48 PM
Wow! Dynast that was so awesome! A perfect example of appealingly refined wordplay. I feel like sexing you up know :love:

All in a day's work, babe.

And I feel like sexing myself up...0_o

Nominus Experse
03-20-2007, 09:07 PM

It most certainly clashed with her character, but I liked it because I am a guy.

NOT that I check out video game characters or anything :choc2:
Heh, fair enough - I understand completely. :P

Remon
03-20-2007, 10:03 PM
Best commentary i've ever seen Dynast :D

But
the fins were the best part in Penelo's outfit,in my opinion.She looked like a cute and cuddly dolphin :love:

Aerisfanatic
03-20-2007, 10:46 PM

that is her hair braided in a long braid, which by the way is completley stupid, no way her hair can grow that long in that amount of time, and it goes through her pink hood which is also stupid

Dynast-Kid
03-20-2007, 11:58 PM
Best commentary i've ever seen Dynast :D

But
the fins were the best part in Penelo's outfit,in my opinion.She looked like a cute and cuddly dolphin :love:

Thanks, but I have to disagree about Penelo's dorsal fins. For the first several hours of the game, I couldn't stop scowling at them!

that is her hair braided in a long braid, which by the way is completley stupid, no way her hair can grow that long in that amount of time, and it goes through her pink hood which is also stupid

Haven't you ever heard of hair extensions?

And her braid is placed so that it runs under her hood.

Aerisfanatic
03-21-2007, 12:21 AM

And her braid is placed so that it runs under her hood.[/quote] so people have wholes in thier hoods, and if she wants to fool someone only 6 inches every two weeks

Ashley Schovitz
03-21-2007, 12:26 AM
i'm surprised no one ratted on Vaan yet.

Dynast-Kid
03-21-2007, 12:28 AM

And her braid is placed so that it runs under her hood. so people have wholes in thier hoods, and if she wants to fool someone only 6 inches every two weeks[/QUOTE]

Apparently, some people do have holes in their hoods.

And I don't think she got her extensions with the intent to fool someone, more likely to just look cooler? I dunno. Plus, I think you would know if someone's hair grew six inches every 2 weeks...

Renmiri
03-21-2007, 03:17 AM
It's not a hair extension it's a pink silk rope braided and with a little bit of animal fur and beads at the end.

At least that is what I got on the Cosplay costume I got for my daughter ;)

scrumpleberry
03-25-2007, 11:17 PM
i like penelos clothes but i thinl VII got it right. simple and it shows the charrictors personality to a tee.

Quoted for truth.