PDA

View Full Version : Gil getting

purplepenguin
03-18-2007, 10:06 PM
Is it just me but I'm always getting to places that have good magic and armour and i never afford anything.
i get loads of loot but the gil i get from it is only ever enough for a couple of good bits of weapons/armour.
I've just got to the fishing port place where they have blizzaga and all that how can i get anymore gil?

Little Blue
03-18-2007, 11:03 PM
That happens to me too... I've spent most of the game grinding for gil when I find out that something better to equip is for sale

rubah
03-18-2007, 11:04 PM
The only time you'll have enough gil is after you get all your magick and weapons and armors bought, pretty much.

Xurts
03-18-2007, 11:27 PM
That's why I always take my time wandering around in areas with enemies, and also why I always have someone in my party with a Steal Gambit. If I don't have enough Gil for the things I want, I'll go back to the previous dungeon and get more Loot.

PuPu
03-19-2007, 12:26 AM
A great place to get gil is Phon Coast. The thing I like about the place is that you can steal a Bundle of Feathers from the flying avion monster (forgot its name) and from the man-like bird monster (Bagoly). The Bundle of Feathers are easy to steal, about as easy as stealing a Wind Stone from a Wolf. They also sell for about 800 Gil each, making it very easy to get and selling more than most common types of Loot, such as Stones, Magicites, Pelts, etc. The Bagoly also has a chance of dropping the Bent Staff as loot, which sells for about 1000 Gil. Also, if you have Thief Cuffs equipped, you can also steal 480 Gil from the Bagoly. However, this only works for the Bagoly monsters in the Phon Coast area, not the Nem-Yensa Sandsea area, since the Bagoly there give the Large Feather loot, not Bundle of Feathers. (And Large Feather only sells for about 70Gil by the way)

Basically:

+ 800 Gil for every regular steal from Bagoly
+ 480 Gil with Thief Cuffs
---------
+ 1280 Gil for every steal From Bagoly

+ 800 Gil if 1 B.o.F Dropped
+ 1000 Gil if 1 Bent Staff Dropped

And this isn't even counting Rare Steals or massive Chain Drops.

I bet this is better than what you would normally get from monsters.:cool:

jeo2388
03-19-2007, 03:47 AM
just roam around the yensa and dont break chains for 2.5 hrs, estimated 130,000gil:greenie:

Renmiri
03-19-2007, 05:34 AM
Is it just me but I'm always getting to places that have good magic and armour and i never afford anything.
i get loads of loot but the gil i get from it is only ever enough for a couple of good bits of weapons/armour.
I've just got to the fishing port place where they have blizzaga and all that how can i get anymore gil?

Nope, pretty much everyone is out of gil all the time on XII.

Do you mean Balfonheim port or Estersand village ?

If you are at Balfonheim you should go get gil on the Feywood. The armored birds there drop a loot that is worth almost 2,000 gil.

If you are at the Estersand... Depends on what level you are. Did you just leave the dungeon at Nalbina and killed the Mimic Queen?

ValiantKnight
03-19-2007, 06:18 AM
walking dead in a mine in the sky...
Cats in the jungle
Dogs in the barrens
Knights of reflection in the mistwood...

just a few of the nicer places to get money.

Once you can live and not die in the feywood though.. it is the premier place... at least for me. I had thought cats in the jungle was, because they dropped 330~ gil drops in packs of 1-4 commonly once chain level was increased.

However those knights drop 1-2 or 3 pinions once chain level is increased and i think they sell for 1050...

Rostum
03-19-2007, 06:36 AM
I like chaining the Mirrorknights for their pinions (forget the name). I gained about 200,000g in 20 minutes from it.

:love:

Renmiri
03-19-2007, 07:58 AM
I like chaining the Mirrorknights for their pinions (forget the name). I gained about 200,000g in 20 minutes from it.

:love:
Yes, those are the armored birds at the Feywood I was talking about

The Nam Yensa Bagoly also drop Bent Staff. Plus the blue turkeys there (Axebeak) drop 500 gil Rainbow Egg. A nice place to get gil when you are at low levels

My "sequence" is:
- Lhusu Mines until you get strong enough for
- Nam Yensa around the Tomb of Raithwal until you get strong enough for
- Ozmone Plains (Mesmenir, Werewolf) until you get strong enough for
- Golmore jungle (Malboro, Treant) until you get strong enough for
- Paramina Rift (Skeletons, Slaven) until you get strong enough for
- Mosphoran Highwaste (Wolf, Slaven, Behemoth...) until you get strong enough for
- Phon Coast (Bagoly) until you get strong enough for
- Feywood (Mirrorknight) until you get strong enough for
- Giruvegan (Behemoth...) until you get strong enough for
- Great Crystal until you get strong enough for
- Pharos Subterra

DK
03-19-2007, 10:56 AM
At level 35ish you can go to Zertinan caves and have at least two people setup with a enemy: HP = Critical - Poach gambit and Poach the Nightmares in there for 1k gold loot each time. :monster:

Renmiri
03-19-2007, 03:38 PM
Yeah, forgot that one. I just prefer the scenery on Mosphoran Highwaste so this is where I leveled up when I was at that level. You get Throat Wolf's blood at $1,000, Humbabas drop $$, Slaven drops $$$ and the Golems drop stuff too.