PDA

View Full Version : PAL Progress

Rostum
03-19-2007, 06:17 AM
This is a thread for anyone who's bought the PAL version (in Europe, Australia and New Zealand). How far have you got?

I bought FF12 as soon as it was released in Australia, and I'm up to Pharos (haven't actually entered), at level 45 (everyone) with a Zodiac Spear and some other neat things. I haven't done too many hunts, just the ones that I am able to do at my level.

Little Blue
03-19-2007, 10:00 AM
I got it the weekend it was released in the UK and I'm just about to cross the Nam Yensa Sandsea. I've only clocked about 23 hours and have a party at levels 21 to 25. I've done most of the hunts I can at the moment, I just need to go kill the Rocktoise and the King Wyvern (I think that's what they're called) and my current list would be complete, looking forward the the new ones I'll get soon, I hope.

Pete for President
03-19-2007, 10:10 AM
I had it a few days after it was released in Europe. I'm at Giruvegan now and I've done all level I, II and III hunts so far. I have obtained 2 of the optional espers so far, Adrammalech and Exodus, so 4 in total. My party's avarage level is about 42.

Although I play the game way too much to be good for me, about 50 hours on the clock in just 4 weeks...

DK
03-19-2007, 10:53 AM
Got it on release date in the UK, just got to old Archades, level 39 party. I have a crapload of hunts not done because I just accept all of them when I see new ones come up but can't necessarily be arsed to do them, but I've done enough atm. Think my clan rank is "Brave Companion".

NM
03-19-2007, 12:22 PM
Got it on release day and finished it in about 65 hours. I was gonna get all the extra Espers and do the hunts, but i missed a few things first time through, like the Zodiac Spear, so i've started a new game.

Markus. D
03-19-2007, 12:30 PM
I had it a few weeks ._.; after ._.; the release ._.;;

My Main party consists of Balthier, Penelo and Ashe/Vaan/Fran.

I have select roles for each member. and Penelo and Balthier are used mostly.

when it comes to bosses/marks/rares/etc I use Ashe (Green Magic~), I use Vaan if I need a meat shield, Fran who is my potential DD/Dark Magician thingy~

I'm up to King etc tomb /\_/\

GF_Diablos
03-19-2007, 12:36 PM
I am upto around 52 hours, my party is all level 34 and they are all in possession of all augments. I have one additional Esper and have hunted upto the Gil Snapper and am trying the flan but he is a knob.
In the story I am upto Just left Frans village after I returned her sister

Levian
03-19-2007, 12:58 PM
I'm not really sure what the next place I'm going to is called, I keep forgetting these FFXII names. But we've returned to Rabanastre from that place where I got Belias. The Giza Plains have just turned into a swamp, though. and I'm making some bridge to get to the other side. Everyone at level 21.

Setzer Gabianni
03-19-2007, 01:18 PM
Still in Sochen Cave Palace. Basch, Balthier and Fran are at level 36/37. Everyone else, 15/16. Training up to level 40, to take on Ahriman. Only done mark 1 hunts, and a few mark 2 ones. Vanguard rank I think I have, not sure. Currently 48hrs in.

DK
03-19-2007, 01:57 PM
Ahriman is easily doable at that level. I beat him at 38 without bothering to use a Quickening. :} Just set bubble, decoy and protect up on Vaan and then hammered at him until he died.

Setzer Gabianni
03-19-2007, 02:32 PM
I have no idea on where you get Bubble o.o, or decoy. Where can you get them?

Orophin
03-19-2007, 02:43 PM
I have no idea on where you get Bubble o.o, or decoy. Where can you get them?

You can buy the Bubble spell (Double your Max HP for a short period of time) in the clan shop but you need to kill 18 marks if I remember correctly. You can also get a Bubble Belt (Always have the bubble effect on) from the clan shop once your clan rank is Risk Breaker.

As for Decoy, I think the first shop you can buy it from is from Archades but you can get it earlier with the clan shop.

DK
03-19-2007, 03:04 PM
Can't remember exactly where I got decoy, but it was before Archades and it wasn't from the clan shop I don't think. Probably just one of the random merchants through the game. :monster: Bubble was from the Clan shop though, but it wasn't 18 hunts 'cause I haven't done that many. More like 12ish. It comes around the same time as the Nipohaloha or whatever it's called (which is an awesome accessory and everyone should buy one for great justice) I had Bubble before I went through the Salikawood. Although, the Decoy and bubble thing isn't really necessary, I just did it because it kept attacking Ashe, and that was a pain in the arse.

xtrava
03-19-2007, 03:15 PM
Have completed it.

Also, have killed all the monster hunts. Havnt killed Omega though or Zodiark, but the PS2 I borrowed has to be given back tomorrow so I wont get to do those. I've done about 95% of the game though so I'm happy with that.

dennenappelke
03-19-2007, 04:24 PM
I'm kinda stuck at the Golmore Jungle, just finished the quest to break the magic seal and now fighting against some monster.

Played for 22-23 hours, all levels between 19 (Balthier) and 26 (Vaan), except for Penelo, she has level 12. Don't like her that much :tongue:

Have completed some level 2 marks, don't know if there are any more available at the moment.

BlackWaltz
03-19-2007, 09:15 PM
I got it on the release day here in UK.
Im inside the henne mines right now.
All 6 characters level 28.

Aurons_Desciple
03-19-2007, 09:50 PM
Giruvegan, no optional espers. Done all I,II,III and IV hunts. 1st party is Lvl 45 and 2nd party is Lvl 14 :(

Rostum
03-20-2007, 03:58 AM
Wow you guys really don't like to level up. XD It doesn't really take that much to make both parties the same set ups as each other, that way whenever one party levels, you just switch them to the next party, and so forth. I have a tank, DD and DD/healer for both parties, and just randomly cast with tank, if I need anything.

I guess the only thing I need to do before heading to the last dungeon, is to complete a few more hunts and level up a lot more.

And Levian, you don't need to make that bridge (the place that it leads to is Gil Snapper which I took on at level 35, and a bunch of level 37 mobs). You need to head south!

blim
03-20-2007, 05:22 AM
got it day after release, i've just been to the viera village characters between lev 32-36, done lev 1,2 and 3 marks, got belias and 3 quickenings for each character, about 60 hrs in and loving it (60 hrs cos i keep falling asleep, i tend to play late at night)

Mittopotahis
03-20-2007, 12:40 PM
I'm up to the Henne Mines, mid to high 20's for all of my characters. I got it on the day it was realeased in Australia. So a month in 2 days. About 25 hours gameplay. I'm happy with that, averaging just under an hour a day. =D

Renmiri
03-20-2007, 07:06 PM
I have a Wiki full of XII hints and lately the people from Europe have been viewing Balfonhein Port mostly. Last week they were viewing Archades mostly, the pine chop puzzle tips page was a big hit :D

I figure most people who got the game on the release date must be by Balfonheim this week ;)

DK
03-20-2007, 07:22 PM
Wow you guys really don't like to level up. XD

Been like that in every RPG I've ever played, tbh. I choose however many people you can have in a fight that I like, and stick with them, unless you NEED to use the others at some point. :monster:

LunaNaelyan
03-20-2007, 09:06 PM
Got it the day before release, but haven't been able to play much until now. 45 hours in, although at least 15 of those were me thinking the clock would stop in map mode :greenie: My main party (Basch, Ashe, and Balthier) are at lvl 31, the others are lagging at 21-23. I'd just got to the Stilshrine of Miriam when my main party was at lvl 25, and surprisingly, I kept getting pwned so now I'm devoting my time to marks and leveling before I go back. Not to mention getting much better equipment, I hadn't remembered to change anyone's since the beginning :D

Adam 77
03-21-2007, 12:00 AM
hey just wondering how far is everyone in the uk?? so far this game for me is really good better than i thought it was going to be :D only thing i have doughts with this game so far is the story which i am dissapointed bout but hopefully it will pick up..:rolleyes2 im by the phon coast so far where is everyone else?

Psychotic
03-21-2007, 01:15 AM
I got it on the release day and I completed it at the weekend. I probably could've done so sooner, as I overlevelled for the final area, thinking it would be more difficult than it proved to be. My main trio were level 67, and my back up party was level 52. Clan Rank: Knight of the Round.

Also, threads merged because they're pretty much identical.

Renmiri
03-21-2007, 03:15 AM
Yeah I finished it t level 64 and he was a pushover. The rooks and imperial guards gave me more trouble :p

Setzer Gabianni
03-21-2007, 07:50 AM
..Aren't most bosses in games by that point? I remember beating Sephiroth, under level 60, without no KOTR, first time round. Luna, what point you at? In the game I mean. Surely you're not still at the Stilshrine of Miriam o.o

LunaNaelyan
03-21-2007, 07:49 PM
Luna, what point you at? In the game I mean. Surely you're not still at the Stilshrine of Miriam o.o
:D That's exactly where I am. Yeah, I know I suck, I just like to savor every game I play, especially when the graphics are this beautiful. And I've been doing everything ridiculously low-leveled, because it just takes way too long to level up in this game. But the main reason is that my PS2 is faulty and heats up really fast, so I can only play in short intervals if I don't want it to burst into flames. :cry:

Rostum
03-22-2007, 12:51 PM
I am now level 50, at the last dungeon Bahamut Sky Fortress I think it's called. I've nearly managed to clear the whole license board except for some of the weapon/armor section, and just going to do some sidequests and marks before continuing on.

:)

Setzer Gabianni
03-22-2007, 01:20 PM
Still where I am lol, Just gonna level my characters up a bit more, then move into Archades XD

Pete for President
03-22-2007, 07:46 PM
I'm at Pharos now, average party level is 47-48. In total I have 6 Espers, 3 of them are optional. I reeeally want to go on some more side-quests, but I won't for the challenge-sake. I don't want to breeze through the potentially toughest part of the game.

Angel_from_hell
03-22-2007, 08:43 PM
I have just defeated Judge Bergan, for the moment I have stoped following the storyline to defeat some marks and do some side questest and gain my own goal of leveling all characthers to level 40.

TheSpoonyBard
03-22-2007, 09:04 PM
Finished the game at lv55. Didn't bother with any major sidequests, but I got the Zodiac Spear. It'll be a very long time before I play again.

Rostum
03-23-2007, 06:03 AM
I just finished it at level 50, though I didn't think that'd be a high enough level, it was actually over leveled so the boss fights were far too easy. Which I'd say is the biggest downfall in this game, simply because it encourages you to level up and do many side-quests throughout the whole game.

I think it was a very good game, the gameplay was excellent, in my opinion. The story is there too, it just doesn't tell it in the most typical Final Fantasy way, which I think is a bit refreshing. I also loved the subtle love story between Ashe and Balthier, and how Balthier always found himself to be the leading man of the story.

And the music was a very good standard, despite what people are saying. Granted that nothing really stood out, like Nobou's music generally does (huge fan of his, by the way), but that doesn't mean it was bad. Being a music enthusiast and composer/musician myself, I can see a lot of good stuff in it.

Setzer Gabianni
03-23-2007, 08:51 AM
It's hard to find people who would appreciate the music like you do dear.

Anyway..I FINALLY DEFEATED AHRIMAN! Done the chops thing in Archades, sold 33 Maggoty Fleshes <3. I hate how people live in Archades, it's distgusting tbh. I'm currently in Draklor Laboratory.

Although when I did the chop story thing..I quite liked the story the Reminiscing Lady's daughter gave you.

Rostum
03-23-2007, 09:36 AM
Well, I wouldn't say the soundtrack is the best, I do prefer previous ones, but it's decent enough! Also, I loved the end of Draklor Laboratory, has two awesome characters.

Setzer Gabianni
03-23-2007, 05:49 PM
I'ma post this from my facebook:

50+hrs in..{Spoilerz}Share
5:39pm Today | Edit Note | Delete
On FFXII =P

Finally got out of Sochen Cave Palace. Now Ahriman wasn't too hard..he just happened to divide himself many a time when I was about to kick his arse.

Tip to people who like to sell their loot/Who need money - stock up on Maggoty Flesh. They sell at 741gil a piece, and seeing as I had spent so much time in their fighting..I accumulated 33 of them XD. Earning me a nice wad of gil when I got to Archades <3

Archades, not Old Archades, is very beautiful, but the way people live..it's..very controlled. People can't live there freely. They can only get to higher places in the city if they have the right "chops". Fun stuff isn't it? I expected it to be a free city, just a little bit more posh..but obviously not. I'd rather live in Rabanastre myself, under Ashe's rule, but not at the moment..what with the Archadians hanging around. My only hope is that Larsa does away with these :skull::skull::skull::skull:ty "chop" things come Revenant Wings.

I would also like to add that nearly every male in Archades has blonde hair. With the exact same haircut. OMFG. Seriously. There's more variation elsewhere in other places! Do like the Researcher people though <3

I got all 28 chops available btw. It's not too hard, you just need common sense really. Say, if you're in Trant, you do not need to go out of the area to find a matching person. If you've memorised an event in Trant, the person who you need to tell it too will be there also.

When I reached the top level you could get to, I decided to speak to this Archadian Gentry, a small boy. He was such a snot nosed, arrogant little tart, who I could quite easily feed to a bunch of ravenous Pumpkinheads (The little dudes in Salikawood).

I'm in Draklor Laboratory now. ♥Going to see Reddas soon. Basch (Leader), Balthier and Fran are at level 37/38. Balthier and Basch have axes/hammers, Fran, a Ninja sword I think..

purplepenguin
03-24-2007, 04:29 PM
I'm in the fishing port place on lvl 40 for everyone but Vaan (he's on 46)
and now Ive wandered off from what i'm supposed to be doing and i'm doing my hunts and getting the espers and i would be fishing but people are telling me i need to do the patient of the desert and the Cactuar Family side quest first and i have no idea what those are.

Angel_from_hell
03-24-2007, 04:36 PM
I am at the Phon Coast, have just found all the Moogles.

Hazzard
03-24-2007, 05:40 PM
Hey, Angel from Hell--what level are you?

Dr. Acula
03-25-2007, 10:43 AM
I got it, like, a day or two after it came out in NZ. I've just past the Stilshrine of Miriam (where you get the Sword of Kings). My party consists of Balthier, Fran and Ashe, and I'm level 33 (except Balthier, who is level 34).

Setzer Gabianni
03-25-2007, 03:04 PM
I'm at Dr. Cid and his rooks now, and it's hard~

Pete for President
03-25-2007, 04:04 PM
Finished it today, with an average level of 49. On to sidequesting now! :choc:

Aurons_Desciple
03-25-2007, 10:50 PM
Heading to Pharos

Rostum
03-26-2007, 12:32 AM
I'm at Dr. Cid and his rooks now, and it's hard~

Just keep wacking away at the rooks, he'll be a hell of a lot easier once they are down. How awesome is Cid, by the way? Very awesome.

Hazzard
03-26-2007, 11:18 AM
Aaaah Cid...The splitting image of the great Balthier...:p