PDA

View Full Version : Something wrong with this game?

CloudySky
03-19-2007, 02:17 PM
Something is really wrong with this game... Seriously.
Well I play PAL game, I'm 70 hours in the game, most of that time I trained!!! Is it really FF? :rolleyes2
Even more, 70 hours in the game I still have no clue what Vaan and Penelo are doing in this party! If Ashe likes Vaan then she hides it real good I must say. Vaan and Penelo had like 2 lines each during all that time.
I know 10 times more about Larsa and his family than about my own party. OK I suppose it's nice to know your enemy, I can predict them being final bosses. If I'm wrong - down with politics!
Another thing which doesn't make sense at all as not being to able to save before fighting hunt marks. Did SE forgot it's not a PC game? Jeez my dieing rate in this game beaten all other games I've played so far, seriously. Such as couple or more deaths until I find out I can/can't beat this mark and making strategy, no wonder I still beat only 10 marks, 70 hours in game!
At the beginning of a game I was dieing a lot to elementals until I learnt that I better run on sight.
And totally was let down by this game yesterday, when after 1 hour fight against super speedy and tricky chocobo I finally got him down to critical hp and then he literally KOed out my entire party, all 6 people while I was trying to run as I understood that his meteor attack is almost twice faster than I'm able to heal, not talking about any way to finishing him off. Jeez... And to think of it, I thought my hatred to chocobos after FFX is unmatched...
End of rant.

P.s. Is it really FF game? I usually love to train near the end in any FF game, I somewhat hate training in this game and I have to train all the time if I want to beat marks-bosses.

P.s.s. don't post spoilers please, I got this game only 2 weeks ago.

DK
03-19-2007, 02:26 PM
I've done about 15 marks and i'm level 39 after 45 or so hours of the game. I could have done more but I just can't be arsed looking for them atm. It's not really about levelling up, it's about strategy. People have completed all marks at lowest levels possible before, 122333, so yeah. :monster:

Setzer Gabianni
03-19-2007, 02:29 PM
Well what do you know, most FF games require you to train.

Yes it is an FF game..and so what if you have to train to defeat mark bosses? Do you expect to breeze through everything without doing no..training?

Renmiri
03-19-2007, 03:25 PM
Story is weak, characters are bland and yes, you do need to grind 5-6 levels between missions.

But leveling up is more fun now that you can use gambits. And hunts aren't needed to finish the game. If you don't enjoy them, don't do them.

CloudySky
03-19-2007, 03:34 PM
I've done about 15 marks and i'm level 39 after 45 or so hours of the game. I could have done more but I just can't be arsed looking for them atm. It's not really about levelling up, it's about strategy. People have completed all marks at lowest levels possible before, 122333, so yeah.

I find it really hard to believe, 15 marks in 45 hours that's 3 hours per mark, when do you did story to get marks and got levels if that's barely the time needed to get to mark try on it couple of things, get killed, reload get killed again and then leave area and go to train for 3 hours to get back and get killed again, etc.? Seriously, very hard to believe, unless you don't try to find how to kill it and read the guides of Japanese guys, they probably have beaten this game ages ago.

Well what do you know, most FF games require you to train.

Yes it is an FF game..and so what if you have to train to defeat mark bosses? Do you expect to breeze through everything without doing no..training?

That's not true, I played all FF games I never had to grind unless near the end, so I pretty much know what I'm talking about. One of reasons why I never had to train, there is a save point right before every boss (with very few exceptions) in any FF game, so you can try as much as you want until you find the strategy. Levels you gain while going through game is enough until final bosses and I was fine with that for 20 years mind to notice. In this game almost all the time I train and I'm nowhere near the end of the game. For me that doesn't feel like FF at all.

Not talking about the fact that I was enjoying training in most of FF games, because encounter rate of random encounters was easy to predict, while in FF12 monsters have really weird spawn times and I end up traveling way more than actually getting into fights.

DK
03-19-2007, 03:43 PM
I find it really hard to believe, 15 marks in 45 hours that's 3 hours per mark, when do you did story to get marks and got levels if that's barely the time needed to get to mark try on it couple of things, get killed, reload get killed again and then leave area and go to train for 3 hours to get back and get killed again, etc.? Seriously, very hard to believe, unless you don't try to find how to kill it and read the guides of Japanese guys, they probably have beaten this game ages ago.

They aren't that hard, really. After doing the first three I didn't so any for a while when I was doing story and levelling, then I came back and did some more after a while and I was pretty much stronger than them. As for higher things like Gil Snapper and stuff like that, they aren't particularly hard either. No mark has given me any trouble at all, really. In fact the only time I've been wiped out by a strong monster was when Firemane killed me when I had no potions and crappy gambits first time I fought it, and that wasn't even a mark.

Of course, opening every fight by equipping the Nipohaloha and then using a Remedy might have something to do with it being easy :monster: but yeah, none of them are particularly hard anyway. Not yet, at least.

CloudySky
03-19-2007, 04:09 PM
DK, you do understand that what you said is ridiculous I had no way to get Nipohaloha I got it only now (and I had no idea of it existance too)! So I had to kill gilsnapper and ringwyrm without it and I don't understand how you had no problems, these 2 marks almost drove me crazy, I leveled a lot for them, like 10 levels and it took me way longer than 6 hours anyway. Chocobo is killing me inspite of what I try he is just faster than my party, immune to everything as far as I noticed and he gives me creeps! So back to training for me...

Renmiri, yes gambits makes training easier but not faster, because we have to find what to train on, and it's a pain. At lower levels I found out that skelies in Lhusu mines have fast respown rate, but after chaining 46-60 of them they stop to spawn at all it seems.
I'm still struggling to find something that good to train for my current level 35.
Besides, I was leveling all my party (all 6 people) till level 30 until I realized how long does it take, so now I level only 3 and I kinda have feeling I might regret that later...

Although constant training bores me, more I'm bothered by lack of personal stories of Vaan and Penelo, others could have more of acting like humans too.... And I miss posibility to talk to my party so much... it hurts...

Mirage
03-19-2007, 04:42 PM
Pft, you don't need to train if you're good at RPGs.

Old Manus
03-19-2007, 04:49 PM
P.s. Is it really FF game?
http://img.search.com/thumb/2/2c/Ff12_cover_art_(japan).jpg/250px-Ff12_cover_art_(japan).jpg

Tommo
03-19-2007, 04:51 PM

agreed... all my mates at college who have this said all they done is train and train and there like 65 hours into the game and are more leveled up then me but ive still done more of the story then they have with ease. im only into 40hours and on my way to feywood (think its called) and im still doin bits and bobs e.g. doing hunts (just got on mark 6 hunts) and still finding it easy.. not died once... yet lol :)

DK
03-19-2007, 04:59 PM
DK, you do understand that what you said is ridiculous I had no way to get Nipohaloha I got it only now (and I had no idea of it existance too)! So I had to kill gilsnapper and ringwyrm without it and I don't understand how you had no problems, these 2 marks almost drove me crazy, I leveled a lot for them, like 10 levels and it took me way longer than 6 hours anyway. Chocobo is killing me inspite of what I try he is just faster than my party, immune to everything as far as I noticed and he gives me creeps! So back to training for me...

I don't know what hunts you've been doing, or more to the point not doing then, because I'd got the Nipohaloha before I did Gil Snapper and Ring Wyrm. Gil Snapper was especially easy, I was running around attacking it and occasionally curing and then it just died. As far as I was aware I'd barely dented it's HP but it just died after about 5 minutes. Didn't summon, didn't quickening, nothing. Was about level 30 IIRC. And Ring Wyrm was even easier, all it did that was a pain was cast Immobilizga, and that wasn't much of a problem.

CloudySky
03-19-2007, 05:04 PM
Well Tommo, then my 20 years of playing games, mostly RPGs means nothing and I got bad at RPGs suddenly after I got this game.

65 hours in game, you have done twice more hunts than me in 70 hours? I haven't got single 6 lvl hunt yet, I still struggle with lvl 5 hunts and still can't kill this stuff. Wow just wow!

Meaning more training for me.
As far as I noticed it has nothing to do with being good at RPGs, since it's not a story what makes this game pain, but hunts.

DK, everything you say has a very little sense to me, I try every hunt when I get it, meaning when it's available. I don't know what will happen later, will I be able to return and kill them or not. I have only 1 summon still and it was 1hitted by chocobo when I tried to summon it to keep myself from dieing.
When I got ringwyrm and gillsnaper I was nowhere near level 30 anyway, quickenings doesn't work any good, cos they often leave half or all party without MP, I don't like them.

Pete for President
03-19-2007, 06:23 PM
The thing with hunting marks is, don't do them right when they become available, continue with the story a lil' more and come back later. I had trouble beating the ringwyrm first, but I just came back a story-chapter later and I had no trouble at all.

Neo-Omega Mk XXV
03-19-2007, 06:45 PM

Not the softest way to say this, but I agree :tongue:.
The only "grinding" I did from time to time was to accumulate loot to buy some better equipment. I did get slightly stuck at a few spots like the Sochen Cave Palace, but other than that I was able to take care of most of the bosses by using tactics. Sorry, but if you need to level up by 5-6 levels between each mission, you haven't learned to play this game properly. OTOH if you don't want to grind, you _cannot_ play this game like other FFs, i.e. mostly by banging away at the "fight" command and then healing when you need to.

Some hints based on my experience: have dedicated magic users with mystic armours and staves/rods. Use them to cast slow, blind, gravity, silence (when appropriate), and other offensive spells as well as curing spells. The fact that offensive magic is effective in this game allows space for significantly more varied strategies than in previous FF games (where offensive magic usually sucked relative to regular attacks from the better fighters, at least when its MP cost was factored in). Moreover, bosses are sometimes vulnerable to certain status afflictions such as slow and blind. Take advantage of this. Also make liberal use of stat-reducing technicks like addle, expose, wither, etc. Have your entire party under protect at all times (after a certain point the game). Try not to fight monsters in big groups whenever possible, and know when to run away. If a certain class of monster keeps wiping the ground with you, just avoid them when possible. If all monsters in an area are wiping the ground with you despite your best efforts, then try to get new equipment or activate additional licenses, and only if this fails should you level grind.

After 70 hours I had around 20 marks if my memory serves me right, and I finished the game in 90 hours with around 27 or 28 marks finished, and my highest level was 48. I've also been gaming for around 15 years, and I didn't have the problems you did. Yes, this game has less character interaction than the other post FF5 FFs, and the story seems to happen more "behind the scenes". These are the game's weakest points, though I don't feel the story is "bland". It had the potential to be much better though.

Jerseymilk
03-19-2007, 06:52 PM
Another thing which doesn't make sense at all as not being to able to save before fighting hunt marks. Did SE forgot it's not a PC game? Jeez my dieing rate in this game beaten all other games I've played so far, seriously. Such as couple or more deaths until I find out I can/can't beat this mark and making strategy, no wonder I still beat only 10 marks, 70 hours in game!
At the beginning of a game I was dieing a lot to elementals until I learnt that I better run on sight.

You do realize there are various Save Crystals throughout all the areas in this game right? :/

And totally was let down by this game yesterday, when after 1 hour fight against super speedy and tricky chocobo I finally got him down to critical hp and then he literally KOed out my entire party, all 6 people while I was trying to run as I understood that his meteor attack is almost twice faster than I'm able to heal, not talking about any way to finishing him off. Jeez... And to think of it, I thought my hatred to chocobos after FFX is unmatched...
End of rant.

So the hunt was really, super tricky. Not everything is always fair after all. Sometimes you have to work for stuff. Are you saying you don't want a challenge and just want to breeze through a game?

And you don't *have* to spend a ton of time training in this game if you don't want to. For example, I've spent tons of hours leveling and training to accomplish expecially the hunts, but that's how I do it with every FF game. FF12 is no different trust me, and I've played every FF game and been an RPG player for as long as you have. Conversely, my fiance finished the game very quickly and was able to also complete most of the hunts with significant less training time and lower levels than me. Once again, that's his common method with every RPG he plays, including all the other FFs he's done.

And ya the hunts can be hard, but they're not compulsory. In general sidequests in RPGs often are harder than the main storyline. At least in my experience. For all I've said concerning leveling up, when it came to hunts, I also knew I needed to use patience and strategy to win.

Renmiri
03-19-2007, 09:56 PM
The only "grinding" I did from time to time was to accumulate loot to buy some better equipment.
Which on XII is 90% of the time... :p

CloudSky, here are my favorite leveling spots (tons of gil + leveling), sequenced by level I was at the time:

1. Lhusu Mines until you get strong enough for
2. Nam Yensa (around the Tomb of Raithwal) then
3. Ozmone Plains (Mesmenir, Werewolf) then
4. Golmore Jungle (Malboro, Treant) then
5. Paramina Rift (Skeletons, Slaven) then
6. Mosphoran Highwaste (Wolf, Slaven, Behemoth...) then
7. Phon Coast (Bagoly) then
8. The Feywood (Mirrorknight) then
9. Giruvegan (Behemoth...) then
10. Great Crystal then
11. Subterra at the Pharos

CloudySky
03-19-2007, 10:48 PM
The thing with hunting marks is, don't do them right when they become available, continue with the story a lil' more and come back later. I had trouble beating the ringwyrm first, but I just came back a story-chapter later and I had no trouble at all.

There is a slight problem with it, the clan leader Monblanc warned me couple of times, probably 5 or 6, that hunts won’t be available for ever. Well if he lied, he’s a very mean lil Moogle. Although I had my suspicions on that, I wasn’t sure, so I tried to kill them when I got them.

Now about saving. I got hunt of gilsnaper when I was about lvl 10. To get to him is not close to save point by any means, also on a way, I usually encountered an elemental or 2, what made it even more frustrating. I can remember probably 2 marks being close to save points.

To guy who haven’t died once, lol. Who do you try to fool? Unless you trained very early in the game at very beginning I mean, the very first lvl 5 mark you got had to kill you. At the time I got first 5 lvl marks I was around level 20, don’t know about you.

About what patience you guys are talking? When a mark kills all my party in 1 or 2 turns, it’s obvious my level is not high enough, or if I can only heal/use phoenix dawns and do no damage at all, it’s again obvious my levels are too low. I can’t try things when my party dies in time I try 1, can I?
I got Chocobo hunt when I was around 25 lvl, I’m lvl 35 now I still can’t kill it, just great… How more levels I need? 10-20? If that’s the case, why I got it so early ingame, beats me…
Again Monblanc and that guy which issued this mark told me that I have to kill it fast, because other hunters are after him too, well, I probably should advance with story and see what happens. Although idea of ignoring hunts at all looks better to me ATM.

I don’t know about your gaming style but beating this game in 90 hours seems like totally impossible to me. My experience of other FF games tells me that things can be easily missed, so after advancing in story I try to revisit all available places and talk to all people, it kinda takes time too, plus story itself, plus sidequests. Don’t see how it can be doable in 90 hours, honestly.

I kinda understand that I don’t like to train in this game for the reason I don’t like this game at all. I just can’t accept the fact I don’t like FF game :p

Thanks Renmiri, but I think I'll skip hunting for now, from waht people posted I understood I can do it at the end of the game not now.
On the other hand, what if not all marks will be available later. Dang, what a headache this game is...

Garnie
03-19-2007, 10:53 PM
iv completed the game.....
not impressed with the game......
square has let me down........
refur to sig.

xtrava
03-19-2007, 11:02 PM
Maybe they didnt realise they were only creating the game for you? :rolleyes2

Garnie
03-19-2007, 11:07 PM
19-03-2007 22:02:56
xtrava Maybe they didnt realise they were only creating the game for you?

meh.

CloudySky
03-19-2007, 11:11 PM
I'm so with your sig Garnie, if you need supporters, here I am!

Wise guy xtrava, tell me where I tell that they have to create game for me, but when game has a name - Final Fantasy, people expect it to be up to Final Fantasy standards if you know what I mean.
There are more than enough RPGs solely for training, there are still very little games with that great stories and gameplay as FFs were.

Jerseymilk
03-20-2007, 01:44 AM
There is a slight problem with it, the clan leader Monblanc warned me couple of times, probably 5 or 6, that hunts won’t be available for ever. Well if he lied, he’s a very mean lil Moogle. Although I had my suspicions on that, I wasn’t sure, so I tried to kill them when I got them.

Yes, he only meant that "story-wise", as in there is a lot of competition between hunters for Marks because of the rewards. You can leave the hunts for as long as you like. I remember one thread here recently from someone who was really far in the game and was finally going back to do the Gil Snapper hunt. He had the same concern as you, but he had no problems. Now that being said, obviously you have to complete some of the hunts before other ones can become available, but there are many others that become available simply from progessing further through the main storyline. So no worries about them disappearing.

DK
03-20-2007, 10:02 AM
How can you have played for 70 hours and only be level 35? What on earth have you been doing for 70 hours?

Setzer Gabianni
03-20-2007, 10:03 AM
iv completed the game.....
not impressed with the game......
square has let me down........
refur to sig.

Good lord princess, is that WHY this game sucked? Let you down? Because of no random battles? Laughable. No offense, but you've said this repeatedly now, and you don't give any explanation as to why the game really sucked, in your opinion. Maybe you should try explaining yourself next time. I seriously want to see the big deal of you repeating yourself with the refur to sig comment. :eep:

To respond to xtrava's comment with a "meh" ? Tut tut :greenie:

Raebus
03-20-2007, 10:04 AM
How can you have played for 70 hours and only be level 35? What on earth have you been doing for 70 hours?

Well, he/she could have been trying to train them equally? Like right now, all of my characters apart from 1 who's level 38, are level 35's and 36's and I've only just gotten to the holy city or palace deep within the mountains, I guess that could be an excuse oh and this is 50 hours in.

Ps, Garnie's opinion is worthless without a good explanation and she probably won't even fill you in on that so ignore her.

CloudySky
03-20-2007, 10:53 AM

I already explained that but if you wanna know, it looks something like this:

~40 hours training (I was training all characters up to level 30, later I concentrated on training only 3, simply because it takes hours to get 1 lvl in this game) and doing hunts.

~20 hours of exploring the game, talking to NPCs and doing sidequests, checking on hints given by NPCs. I encountered 8 sidequests so far, I finished 5 of them, 1 I’m not so sure I finished it, cos I kinda haven’t got anything for doing it, but might be it’s supposed to be so. I have 5 hints from NPCs I still haven’t figured out yet. Might be I already missed possibility to do those sidequests, it happens very often in FF games. Usually I do a lot of exploring and talking in FF games, if I would want combat only game I would go to play Unreal Tournament, FFs are much more than combat only.

~10 hours doing a story.

I couldn’t say these times are 100% correct, but something like that.

DK
03-20-2007, 11:26 AM
Makes more sense now. Personally cba training more than 3 people because you don't need all 6 and the end stats end up quite different for all 6 anyway. Although I will probably level them up later on now I have the double EXP accessory.

As for levelling up taking an hour, you're just levelling up in the wrong place then, 'cause I levelled up about 4 times in the space of an hour last time I played. At level 30 you should easily be strong enough to level at Paramina Rift, although I can't be arsed with that. Stillshrine of Miriam might be a quicker place.

No.78
03-20-2007, 04:28 PM
Something is really wrong with this game... Seriously.
Well I play PAL game, I'm 70 hours in the game, most of that time I trained!!! Is it really FF? :rolleyes2
Even more, 70 hours in the game I still have no clue what Vaan and Penelo are doing in this party! If Ashe likes Vaan then she hides it real good I must say.
What the hell has that gotta do with anything? Does Ashe have to marry Vaan cos they're the heroes?

Vaan and Penelo had like 2 lines each during all that time.
I know 10 times more about Larsa and his family than about my own party. OK I suppose it's nice to know your enemy, I can predict them being final bosses. If I'm wrong - down with politics!
Another thing which doesn't make sense at all as not being to able to save before fighting hunt marks.
Dude, what the hell.

Did SE forgot it's not a PC game? Jeez my dieing rate in this game beaten all other games I've played so far, seriously. Such as couple or more deaths until I find out I can/can't beat this mark and making strategy, no wonder I still beat only 10 marks, 70 hours in game!
Don't blame the game, blame yourself. 70 hours and 10 marks isn't cos the game sucks, its cos you suck.

Wow, you found a challenging enemy? That's just shocking, SHOCKING!

End of rant.

Okay.

...So, what?

P.s. Is it really FF game? I usually love to train near the end in any FF game, I somewhat hate training in this game and I have to train all the time if I want to beat marks-bosses.

There is strategy too, it's not all about your stats. Besides, if you don't like it don't play it, simple. Yes, it is an FF game, get over it.

P.s.s. don't post spoilers please, I got this game only 2 weeks ago.

I thought you hated this game? Now you're just contradicting yourself >.>

CloudySky
03-20-2007, 08:27 PM
No.78, not even will bother to answer your post.
Thank you for reminding me why I stopped posting on public boards some time ago. Oh, and thanks for ruining my day (being sarcastic in case you haven’t got it)

When you’ll learn to be respectful and post opinions instead of insults than and only than I’ll forgive you.

If you are human with honour and some morals you will apologise me here and now.

I'm deadly serious. I'm fed up with the guys, who thinks that public boards and online games are for insulting people because no punishment will follow.

Setzer Gabianni
03-20-2007, 11:27 PM
He wasn't insulting you, just arguing but doing it rather..ermm..rashly? 8D

Bolivar
03-20-2007, 11:58 PM
He wasn't insulting you, just arguing but doing it rather..ermm..rashly? 8D

no, he's insulting. passive-agressively, but the results are the same.

Dynast-Kid
03-21-2007, 12:18 AM
Why is it that all of these "I hate FFXII" threads are popping up all over the place? I swear, if I enter another thread with posts like, "this game is not an FF 'cause it's different, and you had to train hard, and there are tough enemies!!!!!1!!111!!!1", I will go crazy!

I mean really, bottom line is:

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE GAME, DON'T PLAY IT!

Renmiri
03-21-2007, 03:25 AM
Why is it that all of these "I hate FFXII" threads are popping up all over the place? ...

Nown, now... If you don't like the thread subject then don't read it! ;)

People can have opinions, you know ?

Someone on another forum said it all: There is nothing that pisses of more a gamer than wasted potential. Most people are being vocal because they like FF and they liked the game. Otherwise they wouldn't bother. FFXII is very uneven: Good Graphics / Weak music. Great gameplay / weak pacing of story..... Which initially hit me and a lot of other people as "wasted potential".

With time I came to realize SE was very brave to risk new stuff instead of just copying the same old "recipes". Sure, they messed up on some of the innovations, but they hit "gold" on others :D

Setzer Gabianni
03-21-2007, 07:52 AM
As much as I have to admit it.. I agree with Renmiri to some extent. But not about the plot <.<

Renmiri
03-21-2007, 08:02 AM
As much as I have to admit it.. I agree with Renmiri to some extent. But not about the plot <.<

:love: Txs! One of this days you and Wolf will get me to stop whining about it ;) :love:

dennenappelke
03-21-2007, 11:42 AM
People can have opinions, you know ?
FFXII is very uneven: Good Graphics / Weak music. Great gameplay / weak pacing of story.....

...Sure, they messed up on some of the innovations, but they hit "gold" on others ...

You just said that people can have opinions, but then you just decide that FFXII is uneven, that they surely messed up on some of the innovations :confused: Kinda strange, since you just said that someone can have an opinion...

Because, in my opininion, the graphics are good, the music is good! It ain't Uematsu, but the music fits with the game. Gameplay is also good, but the best part for me is the story. I really like it so far, don't know what's to complain about it.

And they messed up on some of the innovations? I don't know what you're talking about, each innovation is good to me. I kinda get the feeling that everyone who says things like this never experienced a new Final Fantasy before. When FFVIII was released, there were complaints about the innovations. When FFIX was released, there were complaints about the innovations. Same for FFX and FFX-2. But in the end, the complaints were only based on the same thing: You are used to some kind of Final Fantasy, and if you play a new game, then you need to 'learn' the new game. And it's ALWAYS the fault of the developer if something doesn't work the way you was used to. But if you just play the game, and get used to the innovations, you will appreciate them. And I can say this : over 1 year, everyone likes Final Fantasy XII. Because everyone then is used to the innovations, and don't want to move back to the older games.

firedrake
03-21-2007, 12:38 PM
im lvl 72 for vaan and lvl 50 for all but bathlier whos lvl 14 but ive done all of the lvl 1,2,3,4,5 rank marks and 3 lvl 6 but im stuck on the rank by the tower you know the one with 77 lvls and im 68 hours in and ive finished the story one just to see the ending i have all so done most of the rare games and have 13 of the stuff in the sky pirates den

Zerv
03-21-2007, 03:58 PM
i didnt read this whole topic but what i read was u have played 70 hrs and u suck at this game ive spent 60 hrs and i havent died since belias and that was at like 7 or so hrs but yeh u just suck in my opinion but yeh w/e hunts are easy they dont need save spots and if they r really hard they do have a savespot sumwhat close like gilgamesh

Setzer Gabianni
03-21-2007, 07:11 PM
Try not to have a go at other people mk? Try using a fullstop as well dear, I was confused by your post XD

CloudySky
03-22-2007, 04:04 PM
Although it wasn’t my intention, I feel that you guys really need to be verbally owned, firstly for pissing me off, secondly for being horrible gamers with huge egos.

I started this thread only because I felt really down after playing some of this game. I waited for it 5 years. If that wouldn’t be FF12 I would say it’s a good game, but it shouldn’t be FF12 game for sure. That’s my opinion. I’m not good at expressing my feelings and probably it’s a hard for some of you to understand my first post. Anyway, if nobody of you had same problems, you people even not paying attention on what NPCs say and certainly don’t try all new things/hunts when these become available. That’s totally weird. What type of gamers are you if you don’t even try a new stuff when you get it?

Nevertheless you still be owned.

Pft, you don't need to train if you're good at RPGs

Total, uter nonsense, as well you can say you can play console games without using console or PC.
RPG games are about training, mostly these requires you to train and even grind.
Being good gamer is finding effective strategies and ways to train, and if possible have fun when doing it. Being good RPGer means being able to explore world, story, characters, get to know all lil secrets of the game and sidequests, stories, finding own ways and strategies and enjoying the process, clearing the game and training as well. That what means to be good RPGer.
If you don’t train, you are not playing any game, you are watching a movie. You should really check meaning of word training.

P.s. Is it really FF game?
http://img.search.com/thumb/2/2c/Ff12_cover_art_(japan).jpg/250px-Ff12_cover_art_(japan).jpg

Ya I’ve seen that and I’m shocked too :p

agreed... all my mates at college who have this said all they done is train and train and there like 65 hours into the game and are more leveled up then me but ive still done more of the story then they have with ease. im only into 40hours and on my way to feywood (think its called) and im still doin bits and bobs e.g. doing hunts (just got on mark 6 hunts) and still finding it easy.. not died once... yet lol

You call yourself a gamer?
If you are 40 hours in game you:
1. You haven’t talked with all NPCs in game even once, nor you explored the world.
2. You haven’t tried single mark when it became available if you find them easy. And you call yourself a gamer???
3. Your party can be max lvl 40-50, depends on how you level them.
4. You aren’t doing hunts, cos from 15th hunt you don’t get an exact locations of hunts only a general Map name. Meaning you have to take your time to find them and hunt them. If you find lvl 6 hunts easy your party is lvl 40+, meaning you never lost time on finding any hunt or conditions or strategy, meaning you use guides or already know what strategy to use, before even attempting a hunt. You call yourself a gamer?
5. You haven’t done single sidequest, cos you never talked with NPCs and explored the world, unless you use guides.
6. If you did combat all that time, you are overtrained for most of the hunts anyway already.
7. This game isn’t a race mind to notice and you are last person I would care to know opinion about a game. Did I make myself clear?

Not the softest way to say this, but I agree .
The only "grinding" I did from time to time was to accumulate loot to buy some better equipment. I did get slightly stuck at a few spots like the Sochen Cave Palace, but other than that I was able to take care of most of the bosses by using tactics. Sorry, but if you need to level up by 5-6 levels between each mission, you haven't learned to play this game properly. OTOH if you don't want to grind, you _cannot_ play this game like other FFs, i.e. mostly by banging away at the "fight" command and then healing when you need to.

You do understand what nonsense you are saying. Doesn’t matter why you grind and even how long, if you got levels in the process you were training, knowing how much stuff costs in this game, you trained a lot like we all.
I have no problem with any boss in this game, i.e. I don’t mean marks here and I never said I have problems with bosses in this game. I said I have problems with very early in game assigned lvl 5 marks.
At the moment I started this thread I wasn’t still sure is it minigame or is part of the main game, i.e. I mean hunts. Montblanc was stressing on doing hunts fast, when they are available. I had to play much longer to understand that this isn’t “real” warning, that I won’t loose hunts if I will skip them.

Some hints based on my experience: have dedicated magic users with mystic armours and staves/rods. Use them to cast slow, blind, gravity, silence (when appropriate), and other offensive spells as well as curing spells. The fact that offensive magic is effective in this game allows space for significantly more varied strategies than in previous FF games (where offensive magic usually sucked relative to regular attacks from the better fighters, at least when its MP cost was factored in). Moreover, bosses are sometimes vulnerable to certain status afflictions such as slow and blind. Take advantage of this. Also make liberal use of stat-reducing technicks like addle, expose, wither, etc. Have your entire party under protect at all times (after a certain point the game). Try not to fight monsters in big groups whenever possible, and know when to run away. If a certain class of monster keeps wiping the ground with you, just avoid them when possible. If all monsters in an area are wiping the ground with you despite your best efforts, then try to get new equipment or activate additional licenses, and only if this fails should you level grind.

I think I stated clearly I don’t want any spoilers, still you post abilities/spells I yet will get in game. I understand you might not think it’s spoiler, I do think it is. And show me where I asked for advices, I was able to beat every game I encountered on my own, I will beat this game without your hep I can assure you.

After 70 hours I had around 20 marks if my memory serves me right, and I finished the game in 90 hours with around 27 or 28 marks finished, and my highest level was 48. I've also been gaming for around 15 years, and I didn't have the problems you did. Yes, this game has less character interaction than the other post FF5 FFs, and the story seems to happen more "behind the scenes". These are the game's weakest points, though I don't feel the story is "bland". It had the potential to be much better though.

If you finished this game in 90 hours, I don’t care what you think about this game honestly, in my books you haven’t played this game, you or ran through it, I respect that everyone can play the game how he/she wants. It’s just if you wait for a game 5 years, and then run through it, why would I care about what you have to say. 2.) You used guides, then I care about what you have to say almost the same as I care what grass thinks.

So the hunt was really, super tricky. Not everything is always fair after all. Sometimes you have to work for stuff. Are you saying you don't want a challenge and just want to breeze through a game?

I hope you do understand circumstances of this hunt. I got it being lvl 25 almost in the beginning of the game. Montblanc and petitioner, both insisted on me doing this hunt as fast as possible. I tried, I thought that might be important for story-other hunts-rewards, etc. I never complained about him being too hard, I complained about being no logic in assigning this hunt so early in game, making me train my party from lvl 25-37, trying to take him down without any good abilities/spells in possession and forcing me to grind about 12 hours.
I was coming back to him every 2 levels, you can count how many times I died to him. I’m very much aware that he is immune to almost everything I possessed and faster than my party.
The worst part of this I overtrained trying to kill him, he ruined my game even more if it’s possible. When I stopped trying to kill him and went back to story, I met no real challenge, cos so early in game my party is lvl 37… that’s bad. After advancing in story, not only I finally got to buy some very useful skills/magics (like curaga and bubble and many many more), I got marks so much lower than him, that’s not even funny, my party wins those fights without me even interfaring, solely on gambits and in no time. Why SE did this I can’t undestand and I mean it. I find it hilarious how chocobos ruined FFX for me and it seems FF12 too.

No.78, You will get my special treatment cos you are to blame this thread turning into flame fest. I can assure you, you won’t enjoy this.

What the hell has that gotta do with anything? Does Ashe have to marry Vaan cos they're the heroes?

If you have IQ bellow vegetable, you shouldn’t be posting on public boards in the first place. I was making a joke which is so easy to understand that even vegetable would.
If you think that a thief and girl who passed by travelling with royal person, her guard and hired pirates is normal thing for the story without any explanations, you really have “issues”

Dude, what the hell.

Look up, take an IQ test.

Don't blame the game, blame yourself. 70 hours and 10 marks isn't cos the game sucks, its cos you suck.

That I will leave without comments. It’s selfexplanatory who is who

Wow, you found a challenging enemy? That's just shocking, SHOCKING!

I explained it many times, won’t bother one more time. Learn to read.

Okay.

...So, what?

< Vegetable?

There is strategy too, it's not all about your stats. Besides, if you don't like it don't play it, simple. Yes, it is an FF game, get over it.

Strategy on beating lvl 5 mark, immune to everything at the beginning of the game, being lvl 25, not having any good equipment, abilities, spells?
By name it is FF game, by spirit it is not, get over it.

I thought you hated this game? Now you're just contradicting yourself >.>

< vegetable please?
I’m not contradicting myself, show me where I say at least once I hate this game. When you’ll learn to read, come back and post.

Why is it that all of these "I hate FFXII" threads are popping up all over the place? I swear, if I enter another thread with posts like, "this game is not an FF 'cause it's different, and you had to train hard, and there are tough enemies!!!!!1!!111!!!1", I will go crazy!

There is a thing called reading, I don’t hate this game and never said I do.
You take your advice and go away,
if you don’t like reading, don’t post!

m lvl 72 for vaan and lvl 50 for all but bathlier whos lvl 14 but ive done all of the lvl 1,2,3,4,5 rank marks and 3 lvl 6 but im stuck on the rank by the tower you know the one with 77 lvls and im 68 hours in and ive finished the story one just to see the ending i have all so done most of the rare games and have 13 of the stuff in the sky pirates den

Another vegetable?
Where do you see me asking about what you did in this game, I don’t care, when I will care I will post thread “how’s your FF12 progress”
I coudn’t care less what you think, because you haven’t played this game if you finished it in 68 hours.
If you honestly believe that someone will buy that you did all that in 68 hours by yourself, you probably think that only idiots post here.
I know more or less how long things take in this game, all others know too, they play this game, remember?

i didnt read this whole topic but what i read was u have played 70 hrs and u suck at this game ive spent 60 hrs and i havent died since belias and that was at like 7 or so hrs but yeh u just suck in my opinion but yeh w/e hunts are easy they dont need save spots and if they r really hard they do have a savespot sumwhat close like gilgamesh

More vegetables, wow! We soon will be able to make salad
I may be suck at this game, but you suck at gaming. I never died to any “story boss” at the beginning in any game ever, although I played hundreds of games.
If you haven’t died once to marks, you wasn’t bothering with hunts at the beginning of the game, meaning you even never checked on them out of curiosity. Once again you suck at gaming badly.
And yet again it’s not a race, it’s RPG and I don’t care what you achieved in this game a single bit.
Oh almost forgot, since you live in US, so your native language is english at least try to make some sense and use it properly.

Now, thanks Renmiri for posting here and I’ll be back to my game. Mods can close this topic, I’m not interested to know what this community thinks/feels about this game anymore.

Urgent Picnic
03-22-2007, 05:19 PM
Although it wasn’t my intention, I feel that you guys really need to be verbally owned, firstly for pissing me off, secondly for being horrible gamers with huge egos.

I started this thread only because I felt really down after playing some of this game. I waited for it 5 years. If that wouldn’t be FF12 I would say it’s a good game, but it shouldn’t be FF12 game for sure. That’s my opinion.

If that's your opinion, you're more than entitled to it. But get over it. It is FFXII. It is what it is, there's no changing it. You're disappointed. That's fine, but you're in no position to bitch about other people's 'huge egos' regarding this series while uttering phrases such as: "It shouldn't be FF12 game for sure." You're just as self-righteous about your opinion as those that disagreed in here. Don't pretend that you're right, and everybody else is a horrible gamer with a huge ego.

Oh almost forgot, since you live in US, so your native language is english at least try to make some sense and use it properly.

Says the guy who started the post with lines like "If that wouldn't be FF12 would say it's a good game, but it shouldn't be FF12 game for sure." Next time you're trying to "own" people, leave proper English & grammar out of it. You're horrible at it.

DK
03-22-2007, 05:34 PM
I don't know why you keep saying that RPG's require training, by which I'm assuming you mean levels and stat building. If that is not the case, then correct me, but that's what I've seen so far. They do not. Especially this one. Look on youtube for 122333 and you will see the guy who completed the game and ALL hunts with a base level team. No levelling at all. None. Completed the game with the levels he started with. You don't NEED levels. Just strategy and skill.

Angel_from_hell
03-22-2007, 07:24 PM
There is so much to write in this answer that I barley know where to start really. I have read so many childish and egoistic things in this Thread that I have to write my own opinion eventhough I prefer not to.

First I want to say this right to you "Cloudy Sky", you are behaving kind of childish...STOP! before you start to think that I am the big evil poster that is trying to say evil things to you and insult you because that isn´t what I really want instead I want to say my opinion about what I see when I read what you have written.
So why do I say that you are childish? I can answer that and I will since I haven´t called you that if I hadn´t had a good argue behind it. To get you to understand this I will have to get through some points In what have happened earlier in this thread. We start from the begining.
You play the game and decides that this game wasn´t something you liked, actually you where disapointed since you have played some of the other Final Fantasy games and decied that every Final Fantasy must be the same to actually be a Final Fantasy. Your disapointment leads you to start the thread, you write a thread with many loose arguments to why you dislike the game. Someone that actually likes the game reads the thread and decideds to give an answer to it, "No.78" that probably likes the game answers on your loose arguments with your own kind of medecine and you blame him/her for insulting you. That I call childish, because you becomes angry because someone dosen´t think the same way that you do someone tells you the truth and you can´t stand it so you call it insulting.

Now over to the next part of what i want to say, the part where I read trough your thread and answers your loose arguments, because you wrote the way you did you have to be open to critic because even if you don´t want to realise this has become an open dissusing thread. So please accept that people will critizise you when you critizes a game like final fantasy 12.

I will take your post in bits:

Well I play PAL game, I'm 70 hours in the game, most of that time I trained!!! Is it really FF?

What is a Final Fantasy game? Can you give me a full and right answer to that question and maybe I will accept some of the things you have written. Maybe you want a game where you don´t have to train, then choose another game and don´t make such a fuzz over this game.

If Ashe likes Vaan then she hides it real good I must say.

I must say the same thing as No.78, does Vaan and Ashe has to marry or something just because they have big parts in the game? Just because the characthers interact with each other it dosen´t mean that they have to have a romantic relationship with each other. And you can´t judge the game through your own wishes.

Another thing which doesn't make sense at all as not being to able to save before fighting hunt marks.

Save somewhere near the mark, there are almost always a save point in a nearby town, village, forest or something where you can save.

And totally was let down by this game yesterday, when after 1 hour fight against super speedy and tricky chocobo I finally got him down to critical hp and then he literally KOed out my entire party.

Don´t complain just because it becomes to hard for you, If you die to easily it means you are underleveled or, that you use the wrong way. Don´t blame the game for that, it is your own fault that you died because you lacked of level or the right tecknick.

Is it really FF game? I usually love to train near the end in any FF game, I somewhat hate training in this game and I have to train all the time if I want to beat marks-bosses.

As I said before, can you promise me that you know what a real Final Fantasy game is? The marks in opinal, you don´t have to defeat them if you don´t want to, so don´t complain. The marks are there to make a challeng to the player so ofcourse they are harder than the bosses. So you will have to train and use good strategys.

To sum this up, before you critizise somthing, think through that people will critiziese you back. It is childish to think otherwise. And what you said to No.78.

I'm deadly serious. I'm fed up with the guys, who thinks that public boards and online games are for insulting people because no punishment will follow.

And I am fed up with the guys that thinks that their opinion about something is the only right opinion. So they becomes angry when other people speaks their opinion.

I thought I could end my post here but since I read what have happened in the posts over me I have to say some more things. You aren´t just childish you are mean to, I don´t think I have seen such a mean and selfish person in a very long time, go back and read through how you have been behaving towards other persons on this forum and be asheamed because you are behaving in a really nasty way