PDA

View Full Version : How do I stop Giga Gravition?

MikeL Valentine
03-19-2007, 05:30 PM
I'm stuck (again) damn it if I had more time to play that game..:mad2:
Anyway how the hell do I stop Giga Gravition, it's impossible to beat Sin before he do it even if Auron was hitting all the turns, so what do I miss now? :mad:

Timster
03-19-2007, 05:43 PM
trio of 9999 works pretty good, the use lulu's fury overdrive with like fire or the lowest spells and get upp to like 11 or 12 spells which still all do 9999 damage because of the trio. and use all aeons overdrives when he gets too close, use hastega at the first round, then make sure wakka has attack reels and use him with or without the trio. that should work like a charm, if not go train in omega riuns a bit... or monster arena if omega ruins are too hard...

jammi567
03-19-2007, 06:25 PM
There is no way of stopping the overdrive attack, no even with aeons or autolife

Timster
03-19-2007, 07:20 PM
ooh yeah, i was so into helping that i forgot to answer the question he asked :p yeah giga graviton can't be stopped just like jammi567 said:p

MikeL Valentine
03-19-2007, 07:51 PM
ooh yeah, i was so into helping that i forgot to answer the question he asked :p yeah giga graviton can't be stopped just like jammi567 said:p

Well I got what I wanted.
I knew that I can't stop the Giga Gravition I waned to know how to defeat him before he do it (bad expressed question)

Thanks looks like I need some training :mad:

cid highwind
03-19-2007, 09:10 PM
you could do either that or get the magus sisters

Firo Volondé
03-20-2007, 10:18 AM
Aeons in general are too slow, and the Magus Sisters are too unreliable to be used in this battle, except at the very end. Don't rely on Overdrives, use Holy, Flare and Wakka at long range, and Quick Hit and Hastega at short range. Trio of 9999 definitely helps if you can't seem to inflict the damage quick enough.

Shiva_
03-25-2007, 03:20 PM
I'm doing an NSG game right now, and I got hit with that Giga Graviton about 5 times before I finally beat him. I resorted to doing anything possible I had that could Break Damage Limit. Pretty much the only attacks I did in that battle were ones that could essentially break the damage limit each round.

I used mainly Shiva because her overdrive does over 40000 HP of damage. For the other Aeons who can Break Damage Limit, their Overdrives only do 30000 HP of damage at the most. Bahamut's does only 22000, and Anima's does up to 30000. At first, I figured doing any Aeon O/D was unwise because they do charge Sin's gauge faster, but I only used O/D's twice total.

So, here's what I did when I beat him on my current conventional NSG challenge:

1) Right at the beginning of the fight, I summoned Shiva.
2) When Sin was far away, I spammed Firaga at him by having her double-casting it for two turns. After that, we were drawn closer to him. At each turn, I did about 14000 HP of damage (about 7000 avg per casting). So that was 28000 HP of damage gone before Sin was drawn closer for first time.
3) After being drawn closer to him, I used her Overdrive for 43000 HP of damage. I then dismissed her. That was now 71000 HP gone from him which was half of his HP.
4) Then I had Auron and Tidus defend (I had Auron in as he had the most HP). Then I switched Yuna out for Rikku (with Auto-Haste) and had her mix two "Three Stars" to use Sunburst on him. This did 19998 damage. He now had about 91000 HP off.
5) Sin then did his AoE attack which killed everyone but Auron. He then revived everyone.
6) Once it was then Rikku's turn, I switched her back in for Yuna to Grand Summon Shiva so I could refill her Overdrive gauge. For the first round with her, I double-casted Firaga for 14000 damage total so I could get his HP below 40000. He then had 104000 off him.
7) After this, I finished him off with her Diamond Dust overdrive once again for about 44000 HP of damage.

By the time the battle was done, Sin's overdrive gauge was only around 2/3's full.

One of previous tries where he used Giga Graviton was because Bahamut was unable to do enough damage with his Mega Flare overdrive to finish Sin (Sin's O/D gauge was full when I had Bahamut use his O/D). Sin was down to only about 6000 upon using his GG.

After the getting the airship, what I did was get the Celestial Mirror, Lulu's Celestial Weapon (at the temple ruins), and got the Venus Crest. I then powered it up with the mirror. This at least enabled Shiva to break the damage limit. Her overdrive seems to be the most powerful out of the others (it was for me). I had also gotten Shiva double-cast earlier.

Tavrobel
03-25-2007, 03:37 PM
Turn off the PS2. That'll definitely stop the attack.

Timster
03-25-2007, 05:26 PM
Turn off the PS2. That'll definitely stop the attack.

Tavrobel to the rescue as usual... :p