PDA

View Full Version : DS Wifi

Erdrick Holmes
03-19-2007, 08:23 PM
I just got my username and password to use the campus wifi network at college and I need to know how I can use my DS via the campus Wifi? The only part where I can input information on the wifi menu is the WEP key area. Do I put my username and/or password there wor what?

MecaKane
03-19-2007, 08:56 PM
I'm sure schools don't have wifi access so people can go online with their DS on it.

Baloki
03-19-2007, 09:47 PM
You won't be able to hook your DS up to the wifi without a network name and wep key (or on unsecured networks just network name), however most uni's/colleges run a thing called a proxy meaning you have to log in via a web browser before you can access the web.

This will be the case in your case.

Discord
03-19-2007, 11:58 PM
My bet is that your university/academy runs the net over a VPN. Which means that you'll either have to connect to it with a browser, to login, or use the usual Windows XP VPN dial-up. I do not own a DS, but I doubt that they support VPN connections and thus you'll most probably have little success.

However, try connecting to the network without a WEP, as it might be unsecure. If it doesn't work, forget it.

o_O
03-20-2007, 09:14 AM
As the others said, you're almost certainly going to have to run through a proxy or some other authentication process.

Chances are, unless you write your own client, you won't get onto the network. If you were intending to play online, be aware that you'll probably have very steep bandwidth charges.