PDA

View Full Version : It's too long to even fit in the thread title

Roto13
03-19-2007, 10:22 PM
I have an mp3 with the following name:

10 - 12 Cellisten der Berliner Philharmoniker - 12 Cellists Of The Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra - Here, There And Everywhere

It's too long for me to... do anything with. Even rename it! When I right click on it, I get a list of media type things to do with it (like enqueue in Winamp) but nothing else. I can't move it or rename it or even delete it. I'd like to rename it to something more manageable. Any help?

Madonna
03-19-2007, 10:35 PM
F2.

crono_logical
03-19-2007, 10:55 PM
You've probably hit the 255 character limit for full pathnames in Windows :p Try moving the file to the root of the drive (drag-drop), then rename it :p

Discord
03-19-2007, 11:47 PM
Try doing it via Windows Explorer, if you used some 3rd party file manager. If you used Windows Explorer, try a 3rd party file manager. Total Commander is my ultimate favourite.

Roto13
03-20-2007, 12:26 AM
F2.

I can't move it or rename it

You've probably hit the 255 character limit for full pathnames in Windows :p Try moving the file to the root of the drive (drag-drop), then rename it :p
It won't drag and drop, either. :P

Instead, I temporarily renamed the folder to something shorter and I was able to rename the file afterwards. Thanks.

crono_logical
03-20-2007, 11:44 PM
It's one of those annoying limitations of Windows you don't really know about until it hits you - I've had that with a few mp3s before as well when inside deep folder structures :p