Strider
03-20-2007, 06:38 AM
SWEET.

NeoCracker
03-20-2007, 06:38 AM
I want to see this now. More than ever.

Rase
03-20-2007, 06:40 AM
Sat through an hour and a half of Dancing with the Stars to see this half an hour early.

Yeah, I think I'm excited to see this movie.

Shlup
03-20-2007, 06:54 AM
I'd hit it.

fire_of_avalon
03-20-2007, 03:52 PM
I'm really, really, really excited to see Chow Yun Fat. And the movie too, I guess.

Captain Maxx Power
03-20-2007, 04:45 PM
It was pretty much a given that I was going to see this on the opening night no matter what. Now I'm just that much more pumped for it to come around. :D

escobert
03-20-2007, 04:49 PM
awesome.

Timster
03-20-2007, 04:49 PM
PotC is the best movie in the world 'nuff said! i love the first part i love the 2nd part and i'll probably love the 3rd one too, but what's not to love about them?

Jack Sparrow IS THE BEST!

EDIT: Captain Jack Sparrow

Dreddz
03-20-2007, 04:50 PM
I never liked the first two, so I wont be seeing this, unless im dragged or something.

GF_Diablos
03-20-2007, 05:07 PM
The trailer looked ok, thought the second one was a little watered down but still cool.

Sergeant Hartman
03-20-2007, 05:33 PM
It's high up on the list for 'films to see at the cinema' for my birthday.

XxSephirothxX
03-20-2007, 06:23 PM
That was pretty awesome. I enjoyed the second one a lot as a mindless blockbuster, though it obviously wasn't as good as the first. I doubt this one will be as good as the original, either, but it looks like it will be at least as good as Dead Man's Chest. I can't wait to see Keith Richards, either. :p

Owen Macwere
03-20-2007, 06:48 PM
Yes, POTC is one of my favorite movies, it's so entertaining and funny. Looking forward to this part I'm sure I'd enjoy it just like how I enjoyed the other two.
Captain Jack Sparrow, ftw. he's the best character/ actor in these movies.

McLovin'
03-20-2007, 07:01 PM
Wow looks great. A little cheesy with the whole unity of the pirates but eh looks good.

Bunny
03-20-2007, 07:03 PM
Jack the Monkey <3

The Real Dark Messenger
03-20-2007, 09:30 PM
I don't think the trailer was that good, but I absolutely adore the first two movies, so I am of course going to see this one too. I miss Jack Sparrow! Sorry, Captain Jack Sparrow :p

Oh, and Jack - I will come get you, just because I missed you! He he.

Freya
03-20-2007, 11:21 PM
OH MY GAWD!!!

It looks ok.

Hazzard
03-20-2007, 11:38 PM
Well well well...If it isn't Jack Sparrow

CAP'N Jack Sparrow *Dun non dun dun dun non dun dun don non dun non-dun non dun dun non dun dun non non non-DUN DUN NON NON NON NON NON NON!!*

Tifa's Real Lover(really
03-20-2007, 11:38 PM
looks smurfing awesome

Hazzard
03-20-2007, 11:41 PM
i even changed my sig for it...

StarlightAngel
03-20-2007, 11:42 PM
I can't wait to see it X)

Sefie1999AD
03-21-2007, 12:35 AM
The trailer was a bit confusing, but other than that, it looked quite impressive. The only thing I'm worried is that the Pirates trilogy will become just like the Matrix trilogy: the first movie being the classic, the second movie being decent but nowhere near the first movie in terms of quality, and the third movie (which is released very soon after the second movie) being nothing but special effects and epic action, and hardly any plot.

Araciel
03-21-2007, 12:44 AM
looks like the other two.

Kossage
03-21-2007, 09:14 PM
The trailer was alright, and it seems PotC3 will be as entertaining as the previous PotC films. It's great to have Chow Yun Fat in the cast. However, it kind of surprised me how much the film actually lifts off of other pirate films (at least according to the trailer). I noticed quite a few scenes reminiscent of films like Captain Blood, Sinbad (the animated film) and Cutthroat Island to name a few. For example the whole waterfall stuff and the sand scene were taken pretty much shot to shot from the respective scenes from Sinbad, and although I certainly don't mind seeing those scenes in live action (after all, those scenes in the animated film were quite stunning), it was quite a startling discovery nevertheless.

I hope that Hans Zimmer and his Media Ventures buddies really get a better score going than in the previous PotC films, because the previous scores were kind of sloppy. I do hope that they'll get some more thematic development, particularly in the Davy Jones area, because his plot is still unresolved, and it seems we'll be learning new things about him and the other baddies.

Another thing that bothers me is how many plots and subplots DMC left unresolved. Looks like there'll be at least a dozen plots and subplots going on in this film, and I'm worried if the whole film turns into a confusing mess because of this (which almost happened to DMC). I heard the rough cut of PotC3 is about three hours long, and they'll likely trim it, but I don't know if that will be enough to resolve all the confusing plots they've been developing. The film seems to be very action-packed as well (particularly if the rumours about the final battle turn out to be true), so I'm worried how much time will be spent on the actual story. It'd be a shame if they left most of the plots unresolved or just didn't finish them properly after all the hints in the previous film.

But, all in all, I look forward to seeing this film. :)

Hazzard
03-21-2007, 09:34 PM
When you have someone like Cap'n Jack Sparrow

YOU KNOW THE PLOT IS GONNA BE GOOD, NEVERTHELESS!

Breine
03-21-2007, 09:49 PM
Yay, can't wait! I wanna go see it right now.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
03-21-2007, 09:57 PM
i think barbossas head got cut off at the end of the trailer....or is it just me?

McLovin'
03-21-2007, 09:59 PM
I hope the original PotC music will be in it. Thats the best theme music to a movie I have ever heard.

LotR one comes in second.

Ishin Ookami
03-21-2007, 10:20 PM
Well Jack, If It helps, I missed ya. :D

Anyhoo, I do hope this film clocks in around three hours. Thats the only way they are going to resolve all of the major sub plots in a satisfactory manner.

Sefie1999AD
03-22-2007, 12:22 AM
I hope the original PotC music will be in it. Thats the best theme music to a movie I have ever heard.

LotR one comes in second.

Well Jack, If It helps, I missed ya. :D

Anyhoo, I do hope this film clocks in around three hours. Thats the only way they are going to resolve all of the major sub plots in a satisfactory manner.

If you're talking about the song that also plays in KH2, during the Port Royal world battles, yeah, I'd like to hear that theme again too. It was only played in the ending credits of Pirates II, otherwise it was only used in the original Pirates movie. A run-time of three hours might actually work. Hopefully Pirates III will be quite a long movie that takes its time to explain and develop the storylines. The other Episode III kind of forgot about the story and went all-out with (IMHO) lousy CGI effects. :p

Craig
03-22-2007, 12:45 AM
Subplots? Like what?

Proxy
03-30-2007, 09:40 AM
Ok wow. This is going to be fucking amazing.
But May 25th...As in 2 months time?
Sweet..I cannot wait.