PDA

View Full Version : download old style rpgs

fantasyjunkie
03-20-2007, 09:31 PM
I need help guys. I've tried googling this and i think I'm just not good enough at searching. I trying to find a single player rpg simlilar to the old Ultima games with the top down perspective that I can download for free or for a reasonable price.
I know theres another thread like this but i'm looking for single player, not a MMO. If anyone can help, I appreciate it!

Captain Maxx Power
03-21-2007, 12:22 AM
If you're looking for downloadable stuff The Underdogs (http://www.the-underdogs.info/) is a good place to go, but it's up and down more times than a YoYo on a bungee jump from the top of a exceedingly large flan.

Rostum
03-21-2007, 10:01 AM
You mean NES, SNES and Sega ROMs?

fantasyjunkie
03-21-2007, 04:33 PM
You mean NES, SNES and Sega ROMs?

I meant PC but I had never even considered a ROM. good point.

Rostum
03-21-2007, 10:59 PM
ROM's play pretty well, no matter what kind of PC you have these days. So I'd suggest finding Snes9x or something and downloading some ROM's you want to play (rather easy to find over the internet, but I can't say here else I get into trouble!).

In terms of PC, well I'm not really sure. You could always go to www.download.com and check out their games section, some are just trials but there are free ones in there somewhere (they have sections for each genre).

Moon Rabbits
03-23-2007, 02:10 PM
ZSnesx + Shiren the Wanderer ROM + Radical Dreamers ROM + Live a Live ROM etc.

Jowy
03-23-2007, 02:16 PM
Radical Dreamers is boring. :(

Live-A-Live is a good choice, however I've only played it for a whopping ten minutes.

MikeL Valentine
03-23-2007, 02:19 PM
I need help guys. I've tried googling this and i think I'm just not good enough at searching. I trying to find a single player rpg simlilar to the old Ultima games with the top down perspective that I can download for free or for a reasonable price.
I know theres another thread like this but i'm looking for single player, not a MMO. If anyone can help, I appreciate it!

I think you better try some roms they really worth it, you can find whatever you wish here (http://www.dgemu.com/home.html) ;)