PDA

View Full Version : Recycling

PyroManiak
03-20-2007, 09:38 PM
Do you recycle?

Personally I waste as much of the earths recources as possible because I think planet earth sucks and should be blown away into oblivion by alien laser beams..
I waste resources by taking papers out of recycle bins and shooting them in the trash all day, I start huge fires(die smokey the bear die/takes out matches), use toxic chemicals for daily purposes/to start fires, have my own incenorator, never recycle, and hope to drive a huge ass hummer...

Jowy
03-20-2007, 09:42 PM
R-E-C-Y-C-L-E RECYCLE!
C-O-N-S-E-R-V-E CONSERVE~!
Don't you P-O-L-L-U-T-E the rivers, sky or sea, or else you're going to get what you deserve!

I recycle. 8-)

Sergeant Hartman
03-20-2007, 09:44 PM
Be sure to put plastics and metals in seperate bags.

Raistlin
03-20-2007, 09:45 PM
Dammit, my old link to Penn and Teller's "Bull:skull::skull::skull::skull:" episode on recycling doesn't work anymore.

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-20-2007, 09:47 PM
I do. I need to put my recycling into the containers the building has though since ours is kinda overflowing at the moment.

Nominus Experse
03-20-2007, 09:49 PM
Recycling lowers costs of commercial products, so it is wise to recycle.

And also for the obvious reasons of trying to conserve the environment we have already raped.

rubah
03-20-2007, 09:56 PM
Forrest fires are an important way to restore dead material to a usable form for future generations of trees. Shame people don't know that.

I like the idea of recycling. I've carted quite a few of my dad's newspapers to school to place in a big box they've got there.

I plan to recycle some of my blood sometime soon (lol the beta <del>club</del> cult demands a blood sacrifice)

PyroManiak
03-20-2007, 09:58 PM
R-E-C-Y-C-L-E RECYCLE!
Don't you P-O-L-L-U-T-E the rivers, sky or sea, or else you're going to get what you deserve!

I recycle. 8-)

But the rivers, sky , sea, and mostly ground/earth and it's inhabitants are begging for me to pollute:(

Martyr
03-20-2007, 10:14 PM
I followed our recycling truck to the dump once.

All I can get from that is that there aren't any recycling facilities near my place, so anybody who thinks he's recycling is just going through the motions.

I think it's real in other states... But there's no point in pretending to recycle, I think.

PyroManiak
03-20-2007, 10:38 PM
Forrest fires are an important way to restore dead material to a usable form for future generations of trees. Shame people don't know that.

I like the idea of recycling. I've carted quite a few of my dad's newspapers to school to place in a big box they've got there.

I plan to recycle some of my blood sometime soon (lol the beta <del>club</del> cult demands a blood sacrifice)

Slash n burn agriculture is inferior for a reason...The land's energy is captured more efficiently with other methods...

Pyro is potential energy...Pyro is fire :goofy:

Dr Aum
03-20-2007, 10:52 PM
R-E-C-Y-C-L-E RECYCLE!

Do you mind if I fashion a golden likeness of you and make daily sacrifices to it?

Jowy
03-20-2007, 10:56 PM
Everyone else does it, so go right ahead. 8-)

PyroManiak
03-20-2007, 10:58 PM

Does pee count as a sacrifice?

Jowy
03-20-2007, 10:58 PM

We're not touching that one.

PyroManiak
03-20-2007, 11:03 PM

We're not touching that one.

Yeah I wasn't planning on sacrificing my pee anyways...Im busy using it for other stuff

Old Manus
03-20-2007, 11:35 PM
Stupid council recycling taxes are a load of rubbish.

PyroManiak
03-20-2007, 11:49 PM
R-E-C-Y-C-L-E RECYCLE!

I recycle. 8-)

That's kind of saddening jowy now that I realize it...You only recycle because of your fear of karma:(

Well I especially don't care if you don't care
and I fear no-one!

I actually believe in karma but with a twist, sadly I've realized whenever I do good it backfires...so from then on my motto has been "bad things happen to good people >:"

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-21-2007, 12:04 AM
Karma is based on intended action, also when brought in with the concept of reincarnation, your present life is thus decided by the actions of your previous life. You carry your karmic history from one life to the next.

PyroManiak
03-21-2007, 12:13 AM
Karma is based on intended action, also when brought in with the concept of reincarnation, your present life is thus decided by the actions of your previous life. You carry your karmic history from one life to the next.

I heard that karma also presents itself during present life..I actually used to believe in buddhist/hindu ideas b4 I even learned about it...Then again I also used to believe I played a bet with god and this life was like a test/game based around me...or something weird like that

Anywayz from my experiances...anything ive done with bad intentions has been pretty much rewarded and vice versa

fire_of_avalon
03-21-2007, 12:27 AM

Yes, but nature usually handles itself pretty well. Fire'll happen when it needs to happen. The whole Smokey Bear campaign wasn't originally about conservation, anyways, it was about not setting fires that KILL PEOPLE.

Miriel
03-21-2007, 12:51 AM
You know, I learned from my Geology class that recycling doesn't do nearly as much good as reducing and reusing. So if you're gonna do anything, it should probably be those two R's over recycling.

Araciel
03-21-2007, 01:00 AM
Dammit, my old link to Penn and Teller's "Bull:skull::skull::skull::skull:" episode on recycling doesn't work anymore.

yeh that was a pretty interesting episode...though the dump they used as an example was a newfangledultraexpensive one, it still shows how landfilling can be done properly.

it's funny that you're told to sort your recycling, then most of the time the truck comes and they throw it all into one bin anyway, take it to the facility, and have some mentally handicapped person sort it for three fifty an hour...what a country.

i recycle cans and i compost...other than that it's somewhat wasteful, but i reUSE a lot of stuff.

PyroManiak
03-21-2007, 02:17 AM

Yes, but nature usually handles itself pretty well. Fire'll happen when it needs to happen. The whole Smokey Bear campaign wasn't originally about conservation, anyways, it was about not setting fires that KILL PEOPLE.

lol, such flattery:)

fire_of_avalon
03-21-2007, 02:22 AM
Pyro, I am going to recycle you if you don't behave.

Jowy
03-21-2007, 02:27 AM
Do you mind if I fashion a golden likeness of you and make daily sacrifices to it?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/psycho_mantis/goldenjowy.gif

I've saved you the trouble of making it. And since I'm such a great god-like figure, everyone can go ahead and start worshiping it.

Add to signature plzkthx fanclub~

PyroManiak
03-21-2007, 02:45 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/psycho_mantis/goldenjowy.gif

I've saved you the trouble of making it. And since I'm such a great god-like figure, everyone can go ahead and start worshiping it.

Add to signature plzkthx fanclub~

lol why do I feel like coming up with a not-so-witty insult or pee on the trophy post...Imma just say have fun with the fanclub jowy is one of those "good" ppl so go go go powerangers! - wait I meant to say go jowy or whatever...yeah yeah wah wah pedal :goofy:

ps: I like milk

41-Inches-Wide
03-21-2007, 03:12 AM
In our city, it's mandatory to recycle and segregate. If they find recyclable items in your garbage chances are they're gonna bypass you the next garbage roundup. :( It's tedious work.

Momiji
03-21-2007, 03:18 AM
R-E-C-Y-C-L-E RECYCLE!

I recycle. 8-)

Am I the only one who gets the allusion here?

And I don't recycle, not because I don't want to, just because there's no place to take recycled stuff around here.

kikimm
03-21-2007, 04:41 AM
I support recycling, and probably even lie every once in awhile and pretend I do it, but I don't actually recycle. Ever.

XxSephirothxX
03-21-2007, 04:50 AM
I don't really have much to recycle at school. I don't really drink soda, so I never have cans or bottles. But at home we always recycled. Newspapers, bottles, cans, etc. We put out an ungodly amount of trash in the US, and doing every little bit to reduce that helps.

Agrias
03-21-2007, 04:52 AM
i do recycle! :D
this means i get karma points right?... i also throw away my trash in the proper disposal bins because i like pretty, clean parks..

Iceglow
03-21-2007, 08:48 PM
In my area of England it's required by law that you re-cycle so we do so. I also never just dump my rubbish there is always a bin near by to go and drop junk in to why bother throwing it on the floor. I also get annoyed with my mates if they just drop their litter and on more than one occasion have made my mates pick up their dropped litter (along with any other litter I see as extra punishment) and put it in a bin properly.

blim
03-21-2007, 09:18 PM
recycling is better than doing nothing but we need to use less packaging and reduce the amount of waste we create as well, recycling still takes up resources. Personally i would get rid of ready meals and all that rubbish. Real food creates virtually no waste.